bye bye m3 cecotto barnfind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is a short story of an e30 m3 barnfind i found local. I got a call from someone that someone is selling some m3 parts. So drove there the first time with a friend and we saw that e30 m3 in a backyard. It was standing there for 3 years. The owner had it for over 20 years... he drove it in the summer and winter. The body is rusted but the motor and engine still runs very good. Its an original e30 m3 cecotto!
    I will use the parts for my other M3 project. None of those parts are for sale, so please dont ask. Also the VIN is not for sale.

I just wanted to share what you can still find in some backyards

*** For sale: euro stuff, BBS steering wheels, smoked tail lights, bunch of rare wheels (5x120 and 4x100) ***

[/color]

What does the "cecotto" part mean? Does it have to do with the light gray dash and stuff?
    Originally posted by Andy.B
    Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
    1987 325iS m30b34 Muscle car (Engine electrical phase)
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    I was born on 3/25…
    ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

very nice....

Can't this car be brought back...it is super rare and might be worth it??
      jm

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jm View Post
        Can't this car be brought back...it is super rare and might be worth it??
        jm
        Only by someone who can DIY the work.

It *might* be possible to turn that thing into a race car where cosmetic standards end up a lot lower. But... Ouch. That shell is pretty fucked.
        2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD LBZ/Allison
        2002 BMW M3 Alpinweiß/Black
        1999 323i GTS2 Alpinweiß
        1995 M3 Dakargelb/Black
        - S50B32/S6S420G/3.91
        1990 325is Brilliantrot/Tan
        1989 M3 Alpinweiß/Black

Hers: 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo Black/Black
        Hers: 1988 325iX Coupe Diamantschwartz/Black 5spd

sigpic

Comment

Sad to see a Misano Rot Cecotto in that condition and that it will be parted out. :(
          Below the radar...

Comment

sad sad sad ,would strip it and just see how bad the rust would be to fix and bring it back to life ...
            Angus
            88 E30M3 X2
            89 325IX
            92 R100GS/PD
            :)

Comment

I will add some pics when i start parting it ;)
              *** For sale: euro stuff, BBS steering wheels, smoked tail lights, bunch of rare wheels (5x120 and 4x100) ***

[/color]

Comment

Sad, but I have seen people save a lot worse cars.
                '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Why not sell it as a whole car to someone? Unless you are super strapped for cash you could sit on it and make an amazing project for someone become a reality.
                  BMW tech
                  Umass Amherst
                  05 wrx sti

Comment

Originally posted by Ether-D View Post
                    What does the "cecotto" part mean? Does it have to do with the light gray dash and stuff?

Comment

Beautiful car! To bad it wont be saved.

Wish I could find somthing under an E30 M3 in a barn haha!
                      Summer '85 E24 635csi Winter '88 E30 325iX, I lose 25% of my hp before I even turn the key.

Comment

That car looks like it lived a good life, what a shame to see a cecotto parted out.

Comment

Fix it or at least sell the shell. Plenty of guys would be willing to start with that as a base.
                          Originally posted by Matt-B
                          hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                            Fix it or at least sell the shell. Plenty of guys would be willing to start with that as a base.
                            x2

Where about's in Germany are you if you don't mind me asking.
                            1990 Touring

Comment

Working...
                            X