E30 Beater from Panama City, Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 Beater from Panama City, Florida

Well I picked up my first E30 for $500.00 to fix up and use for a DD. Here are the pics of the 1985 BMW 318i.

Plans I have for it are as follows:

BMP Strut Braces
    H&R Sway Bars
    B&M Short Throw Shifter
    Eibach or Better Springs
    Koni Adjustable Inserts
    Bekkers Imports Sport Seats
    M-Tech or better Front Bumper
    BMP Rear Bumper

Any other opinions ot suggestions are welcome. Thanks for checking it out.

2001 Ford Explorer Sport
    1985 BMW 318i
    www.PanhandleGearheads.com

Looks fast
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

looks mean

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain."
      R.I.P. Harry Goz aka. Captain Murphy
      "My ride, My ride, she don't beg, steal, cheat, or lie,
      My ride, My ride, and our relationship is classified."

Comment

I have been wanting to find an early 318 to DD. I personaly wouldnt put the money your are wanting to put into it. I would rather make it run perfect and look clean and stock. fun project non the less.
        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-h...wE3UqwjjmaTrXg

Comment

don't drop too much money in it, of all the e30 models, thats among the least sought after, you wont get much money back when you sell it. my .02

the m10 will make for a great DD, nice pick up.

good luck w/ it!

Comment

Lightweight. If its got no rust, just get it in good stock running order. If you insist on doing anything to it, maybe upgrade the front brakes to the vented discs, and if you can get the larger strut housings, get some Bilsteins and some H&R Sports or M3 springs. Sways - get a cabrio one for the front, and an is or m3 one for the rear.

Forget about the bumper nonsense.

Welcome.
            Current Cars
            2014 M235i
            2009 R56 Cooper S
            1998 M3
            1997 M3

Comment

Originally posted by DaveCN
              Lightweight.

Forget about the bumper nonsense.

Welcome.
              why not, since the diving boards are so heavy. ;)
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I'm going to agree with most of what's been said here. Don't worry about dumping money into strut braces, expensive sway bar kits, and the like. Before you pour money into aftermarket areas, take care of the car first. FIx anything that needs fixing or replacing, and get everything cleaned up and running perfectly. After that, then you can start looking into areas you'd like to improve and upgrade.

Comment

is that white?

Comment

i thougt it was at first... but now that you have said something... i think it still is.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                    @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Do whatever the hell you want to it.
                      Estoril E36 M3/4/5 | Toledo E53 X5 3.0 | LeMans E90 335D M-Sport

Comment

Throw a nice suspension setup on there, nice tires, and it'll be a fun little car.(The price is right too)

Comment

Originally posted by Eurospeed
                          I'm going to agree with most of what's been said here. Don't worry about dumping money into strut braces, expensive sway bar kits, and the like. Before you pour money into aftermarket areas, take care of the car first. FIx anything that needs fixing or replacing, and get everything cleaned up and running perfectly. After that, then you can start looking into areas you'd like to improve and upgrade.
                          I'm with Eurospeed. I'm slowly repairing my cabrio, and while I'd like to do a few upgrades to it, getting the basic machinery in order is the first priority. But it looks like a good starting point, and if you really want a front spoiler, get an ES or IS front spoiler off eBay. They're not that expensive and will make a big difference in the car's appearance. Have any interior shots?
                          1988 325ic Automatic

Comment

That is exactly the car I want to get, for that price too. Good find and I hope things go well with it.

Comment

Thanks yeah I am doing what the car needs first. That list is a later on kind of thing. Its like an off white color. I call it Skeet

2001 Ford Explorer Sport
                              1985 BMW 318i
                              www.PanhandleGearheads.com

Comment

Working...
                              X