No announcement yet.

Took me a over a year, but I finally got my first e30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small update nothing big. I got a really good deal on a brand new ls6 cam for my 02 camaro that will eventually donate its ls1 and m12 t56 (GTO tranny) to the e30. The ls6 cam is not a big cam but it sounds stock and will pass smog, plus it loves to shift at 7k rpm and it gives some extra power.
    First e30 - 1991 318i 4 door

Comment

Grats on the ride.

Which antenna did you go with?

Comment

Nice add! Four door e30s look and function much better than 2 doors, imo. About your blower motor:

Try replacing the resistor first, and then the blower motor. I mean it's worth it just to pony up the change and do both, but on a college budget you might not want to. Also, you'll notice that with how much you'll be spending on replacement parts, your next car should also be an e30, so that you can just swap everything over and continue where you left off. It's like that ex who's no good for you. You just can't get rid of her..

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Originally posted by Frank88ix View Post
          Grats on the ride.

Which antenna did you go with?
          I just bought some cheap stubby antenna from fleabay.

Originally posted by Das Delfin View Post
          Nice add! Four door e30s look and function much better than 2 doors, imo. About your blower motor:

Try replacing the resistor first, and then the blower motor. I mean it's worth it just to pony up the change and do both, but on a college budget you might not want to. Also, you'll notice that with how much you'll be spending on replacement parts, your next car should also be an e30, so that you can just swap everything over and continue where you left off. It's like that ex who's no good for you. You just can't get rid of her..
          Thanks for the advice, I'm gonna add it to the list of things to buy. I wanna get more e30s now....hahaha.

Comment

Got a new rear roundel because the one that the previous owner had on there was not the correct size, plus it was all hazy. I finally bought some new parking brake shoes, but I won't have time to put them on until thanksgiving week. And for those rare rainy days in SoCal I picked up a noah cover.

Comment

Subd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              1986 LTW M52 (First project 2015- )
              1998 e36 328ic/5 -
              Roundie alpina pig cheek’d (1969)
              1967 2002 parts car
              1994 318iS junked.

Comment

I can't wait for the semester to be over so I can install the brake shoes, nrg short hub, nrg quick release, and momo steering wheel. The only thing that sucks about the nrg hub is that it does not have a horn ring so I'm gonna have to make one :( but I already have an idea for the horn ring.

Comment

Nice e30. Diggin the progress you're making!
                  Instagram:@e30_henry :D

Comment

Got some free time so I finally got the steering wheel hooked up and the install went smooth without any problems. To get the horn to work I removed the old horn ring from the old steering wheel, then I cut it to be able to use it on the new hub, and I used some super glue to glue the ring to the new hub. Since my e30 had an airbag steering wheel I had to use some washers between the column and hub and also between hub and 22mm nut to get the steering wheel hub nice and tight. My first impression after the first drive is that the car feels more sporty with the smaller steering wheel(350mm) and I can finally see all the warning lights on the dashboard, the giant tractor steering wheel would block almost all the bottom of the gauge cluster. Another thing worth mentioning is that the old steering wheel is heavy as shit, and that this mod was well worth the time and money.

Old wheel next to the new one for size comparison.

Here you can see the piece of the horn ring that I cut off and also the ring glued on to the new hub.

All I had to do to the column was cut the white piece circled in red and that was it. You can also see the spacer/washer that goes between the column and hub.

And here is the last picture of the momo steering wheel in its new home.

Last edited by z28; 01-05-2017, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Finally got the parking brake fixed and it was a pain in the ass to get the dang shoes adjusted, it was not hard, it was just annoying.

Comment

A couple days ago the front suspension started squeaking and making popping noises so I decided to take a look. It looks like I need new front sway bar end links, the drivers front is shot.

Comment

Easy install, but annoying

1998 e36 328ic/5 -
                          1967 2002 parts car
                          1994 318iS junked.

Comment

Hopefully they go in smooth.

Comment

Used vice grips and a copper plate lol on my friends eta

1998 e36 328ic/5 -
                              1967 2002 parts car
                              1994 318iS junked.

Comment

I reset the service light today and did the stomp test for kicks and jollies and I found it weird that the check engine light does not blink when I do the stomp test, the light that blinks instead is the one close to the center with the two arrows and it still gave me a code. The code that the stomp test gave me is 1444, which means that its all good. Now, my question is, is it normal for the newer e30s to have the light with the arrows blink instead of the check engine light?.... from what I saw online the one that is supposed to blink is the check engine light.

Comment

Working...
                                X