Took me a over a year, but I finally got my first e30

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • z28
    replied
    The package from Germany finally arrived, and here it is... carbon fiber dtm mirrors and some good ol German newspaper.

    Last edited by z28; 06-09-2017, 09:46 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • z28
    replied
    This is not the package that I have coming from Germany, but it is a neat addition to the interior. I found the DIY online here .... so I decided to give it a try, and it came out great. I used the same cup holder, but I used 4 screws instead of 2.






    Here you can see the 4 screws

    Leave a comment:


  • z28
    replied
    I got a cool little package coming from Germany.

    Leave a comment:


  • z28
    replied
    Well, I guess I didn't put enough silicone on the headlights since the passenger high beam is getting condensation now I have to take the passenger side off to take a better look. On another note, I finally fixed my turn signals by replacing the flasher with an electronic flasher... Finally my left turn signal works and no more hyper flash because of the LEDs.
    Last edited by z28; 05-11-2017, 07:36 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • z28
    replied
    Finally got the demo headlights and I put some yellow transparent vinyl on them. I decided to add some silicone on the lights to make sure they do not leak in the near future... since they are depo's. Ill try to get them mounted next week.

    I had to cut a hole on them to fit the H1 HID bulbs.



    And here are the depo lights with the yellow vinyl on them.
    Last edited by z28; 05-11-2017, 06:35 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • z28
    replied
    Thanks for the kind words guys.

    Just took a drive to DDM tuning and picked up some HID's for the future depos Im gonna get.

    HID's
    35W Ballast and 5500 H1 bulbs
    4x 9006 connectors.

    Leave a comment:


  • Adrenaline Junkie
    replied
    Originally posted by z28
    I didn't show it earlier because I was busy with some stuff, but my gf got me a momo indy woodgrain steering wheel for christmas. I'm so lucky to have a girl that appreciates my passion for cars and puts up with my "projects".
    Oh yeah, you're so lucky - I'm jealous haha. don't understand why some girls don't respect our passion for cars etc.

    Nice car and progress. Keep going bud.

    Leave a comment:


  • helloThom
    replied
    This is a really cool build, man. Keep it up!

    Leave a comment:


  • z28
    replied
    Got some front and rear smoked side markers, electronic hazards flasher relay and LEDs. Not gonna try the flasher until later, I don't feel like taking apart the steering column. Since I'm not gonna do the flasher anytime soon I didn't bother getting any LED turn signals.
    EDIT
    I couldn't resist and got some LED flashback turn signals for the front and some smoked lenses for the front signals also. I'm already getting an itch to get some Depo headlights and HIDs... the stock sealed beams suck major ass.


    Front "switchback" turn signals LEDs
    2x 1157AW60-SA

    City Light LEDs
    2x 194-WWHP5

    Front and rear side markers LEDs
    2x 194-A5 Amber (front)
    2x 194-R5 Red (rear)

    License Plate LEDs
    2x 3710-CWHP3-V2 Cool White

    Electronic Flasher - "Hazards Flasher Relay"
    1x CF13GL-02 (3 Pin)
    Last edited by z28; 04-22-2017, 09:01 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • z28
    replied
    Picked up some condor speed door handles, I know some people don't like them, but I do. I also picked up some 5th gen Camaro exhaust manifolds for cheap, gonna set those aside for whenever I start the ls1 swap. Hopefully I can make the manifolds work by having some v-bands welded on them.

    Now I just need to find a good deal on some black door cards, I really don't like the grey interior.

    Last edited by z28; 01-26-2017, 09:12 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Clintoxx
    replied
    Nice find!

    Leave a comment:


  • z28
    replied
    Haven't had time to get some decent pictures.

    Leave a comment:


  • z28
    replied
    To satisfy my ricer needs, I got a double gauged a-pillar thing. Probably not gonna use it any time soon, but when it goes on the car its going to have an oil pressure gauge and a wideband gauge.

    Last edited by z28; 01-26-2017, 08:56 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • z28
    replied
    The dang turn signals started acting up like 3 days ago, both right and left signals randomly stop working. I think it's the turn signal flasher relay because the signals start working again as soon as I tap the bottom of the steering column cover where the flasher resides. I guess ill just order a new flasher and replace it and see if it fixes it.

    Leave a comment:


  • z28
    replied
    Never really cared enough to get a rear euro license plate filler for the e30, but yesterday an opportunity presented itself with a local sale, so I picked it up. Don't get me wrong, I like the look but it was at the bottom of the to do list. Gonna try to tackle the install tomorrow.

    Last edited by z28; 01-26-2017, 09:09 PM.

    Leave a comment:

Working...