Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Five years later... 325i M50B25TU

Hello again R3vers!

I sold my first e30, a bronzit 89 325i, almost five years ago... and regretted it ever since. So when my current car started acting up, I started looking for another e30.

After about a month of looking at cars, I found this 89 325i sedan on everyone's favorite online classified site:

And jumped on it. It already has everything I always wanted to do to my old e30. Groundcontrol kit with Eibachs and Koni yellows, three piece basket weaves, 3.73 lsd, e36 steering rack, and best of all a m50b25tu swap done by the professionals over at Castro's in Los Angeles. They also put in a Turner Motorsport Conforti Performance Chip and a Kamotors Performance Carbon Fiber Intake while they were at it.

I literally just got it today, so I'm still getting to know the car's little quirks. But I have an e30 again, and I'm so glad to be back! :D

Last edited by stillkotd; 02-12-2016, 11:06 PM. Reason: Added more details about the car.
    1989 325i m50b25tu swap
    1989 325i (sold)

I saw that on craigslist a few weeks back when someone was complaining about not finding any good e30s for sale in socal. It looked like a good deal!
    AWD > RWD

Comment

Nice looking car, you can't go wrong with a Alpine White e30
      My Garage
      2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
      1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
      1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
      Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

good looking car nice score
        Directly above the center of the Earth

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
          I saw that on craigslist a few weeks back when someone was complaining about not finding any good e30s for sale in socal. It looked like a good deal!
          Yeah, the ad was posted a month ago at $7000. I bookmarked it and kept checking back to see if he had lowered the price. He dropped it a couple weeks ago to $6000, and then again last week to $5500. I got it for $4700. :D
          1989 325i m50b25tu swap
          1989 325i (sold)

Comment

Found an empty lot next to the beach, couldn't resist stopping for a picture:

1989 325i m50b25tu swap
            1989 325i (sold)

Comment

Is this the one that is BAR'd but has a salvage title? Throw an IS lip and skirts on it and that will look amazing, a great start and a great price
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                Is this the one that is BAR'd but has a salvage title? Throw an IS lip and skirts on it and that will look amazing, a great start and a great price
                Yes, and yes. That's the plan, anyway.
                1989 325i m50b25tu swap
                1989 325i (sold)

Comment

veryvnice welcome to the white e30 sedan club

Comment

welcome back :) Cool car! i definitely miss having a sedan at times! keep her clean :up:
                    -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                    91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                    08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                    04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                    Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                    Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Working...
                    X