Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stanhayward
    replied
    Grabbed some Mookeh Mk1 camber plates from eBay. I was hesitant to go with these as they appear to be a bit of an unknown, but we'll see how they go and I'll report back on them.

Leave a comment:

• stanhayward
    replied
    Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
    Why would you send an e30 to get crushed?

Vote to Ban.
    I agree, definitely should be banned ;)

That photo makes the car look way better than it actually was haha. It was rusted through in so many places, auto, leaking/burning oil at about a litre every 3 weeks, absolutely ruined undercarriage from years of daily driving a slammed car, stupid stiff springs on Monroe factory length shocks, etc. The amount of money it would have taken to make the car run and drive right would be stupid and you'd still be left with a mangled and rusty frame. So figured why not cut my losses and help some people at the same time?

Leave a comment:

• Kershaw
    replied
    Why would you send an e30 to get crushed?

Vote to Ban.

Leave a comment:

• stanhayward
    replied
    Originally posted by bostonvert View Post
    Very cool, 316's are very fun cars! Car looks mint with the gc setup.

But why schmiedman, must be a fortune for shipping no?

Looking forward to the engine mods, no ones bothers with 316 over here making them faster. They are the only sub 2k e30's you can still find in good shape here
    Thanks!

Actually Schmiedman ended up being significantly cheaper even after shipping costs. All said and done it was just under $140 USD and the cheapest I could find for drums alone was $135 from the States. Shipping to Canada is usually pretty pricey either way.

And as far as choosing a 316, I like having cars that don't seem ostentatiously rare, but that a few like-minded people know are interesting. And as far as a daily E30 goes this will have by far the best fuel economy (we also didn't get diesel E30s) and with a few mods it should be enough to be fun in the city.

Thanks again for the kind words!

Leave a comment:

• bostonvert
    replied
    Very cool, 316's are very fun cars! Car looks mint with the gc setup.

But why schmiedman, must be a fortune for shipping no?

Looking forward to the engine mods, no ones bothers with 316 over here making them faster. They are the only sub 2k e30's you can still find in good shape here

Leave a comment:

• stanhayward
    started a topic My New 1984 BMW 316

My New 1984 BMW 316

Hey guys, this is my latest addition. It is a 1984 316 imported from Germany I don't know when. It only has 158,000km and an awesome carb'd M10 with a 4 speed manual. I don't consider it a project quite yet, but I have been modifying it and it still needs some work.

When I bought it, it had awful and completely unsafe cut springs (what kind of idiot cuts a barrel spring ?) so that had to be changed ASAP. I had a set of Raceland coils from another project that went on for the moment, but I also had a set of nicer coils I was putting together that I put on today.

Here is the car as it sat on the Racelands. The rear end sat way too high due to no battery, small case diff etc.:

My new coils are Ground Control fronts that I bought used and then IE rear adjusters/spring locators:

Then I started playing around with wheels and a Jimmy Hill lip I just bought. I need to buy the correct front valance for the lip to work but the car has minor damage to the front end anyway. But excuse the poor lip fitment, as well as the gross high beams - the PO decided to put electrical tape x's on them for super sweet 420 street cred yo. New ones are being delivered as I write. The wheels are my 3-piece Rotiform ROCs that were on my wagon. They are 16x8/9 ET0 and I have yet to buy tires for them:

Then last thing was redoing the rear drum brakes as they were a bit spent. Couple photos of that:

That's it for now. I also installed a Nardi wheel and matching mahogany shift knob but forgot to take a photo. The car still needs a new carb to run right (already purchased just waiting on a 2-barrel adapter), new seats, and some front suspension parts. Once I've got it to a level I'm happy with this will be my daily driver as my beloved Blue Turd (credit to MCM for the name)...

...was donated to the Kidney Foundation and crushed. Once all that is done and I can start tinkering with this I plan to grab a ported head and 284 cam, Top End single 45 DCOE carb kit and shortie header and an IE lightweight flywheel. Stay tuned for that!
Working...
X