TX-IL, 1987 BMW 325is / S50 Swapped

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • b-rad
    replied
    It's an oil cooler for me, that thread I think he has both, or 2 coolers


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Leave a comment:


  • 2mAn
    replied
    Never seen anyone use a power steering cooler, but I have heard its a problem. I plan to add an oil cooler down the road so I am watching what you end up doing

    Leave a comment:


  • b-rad
    replied


    thinking of installing similar, my oil cooler is about the same size.

    Leave a comment:


  • b-rad
    replied
    Another Autobahn trip. Will be getting back there soon.

    Leave a comment:


  • b-rad
    replied
    Need some thoughts.
    smaller fan to left and oil to the right.
    should I replace the engine fan with different so that the fan for the ac comp, can be removed.

    want to semi hide the oil cooler

    Leave a comment:


  • b-rad
    replied
    TX-IL, 1987 BMW 325is / S50 Swapped

    Way ahead of ya :) issue is its tight up front with ac condenser and aux fan.

    Need smaller aux fan to place oil cooler to right


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by b-rad; 08-18-2016, 06:58 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • 2mAn
    replied
    you can get the oil filter housing from a S54 or the MZ3 and it has the fittings already for an oil cooler, add -AN lines and mount it up front

    Leave a comment:


  • b-rad
    replied
    Need to figure out location for oil cooler, with ac?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Leave a comment:


  • b-rad
    replied


    Got the oil baffle, even with just that no ticking after hard day at track

    Leave a comment:


  • b-rad
    replied
    Needs some opinions on the next upgrades.

    Brakes:
    Currently I have 16" Style 5 and 88" M3 OEM brakes with street/race pads.
    Thinking IE setup for M3 Suspension
    LINK
    I wish Massive still did the Rallye kit for M3.
    Worried about fitment. Or do I recondition what I have and maybe just get new rotors.

    Oil Baffle/Cooler:
    Or do I do VAC/Achillesmotorsports baffle with Z Filter convert for oil cooler.
    I don't track the car much will be 2nd time coming up in 2 weeks.
    Would like to do more of this.
    Lots of Autocross

    Love to hear some thoughts of next evolution of the car

    Leave a comment:


  • b-rad
    replied
    Raining so could not really do much with the car, testing. Feels and sounds a bit diff, in a good way.

    Leave a comment:


  • b-rad
    replied
    Refreshing the poly and also installing camber/toe in the rear.
    Garagistic Poly(kit) and reinforcement(rear)
    APMTuned aims to be a One-Stop Speed Shop. From Chip + ECU Tuning, Reflash + Calibration, and Dyno Tuning, to Alignments, A/C Recharges, and Oil Changes.

    Going to pick the car up in a few hours.
    Final pics to come.









    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by b-rad; 07-29-2016, 07:08 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • b-rad
    replied


    Looking into oil baffle, etc etc.

    Or do I invest in brakes next?

    Leave a comment:


  • rzerob
    replied
    Originally posted by b-rad
    Cleaned the mass air sensor and did re-charge of the K&N, all good!!
    Runs better, even the AC runs a bit better at idol, not perfect but better.
    Any recommendations on the AC?... $20 says someone posts "get rid of it"
    Basically if I have it in 1st the engine wants to die unless I give a bit more gas.
    Oil up the compressor or have mech/tech check the compressor?
    You need to do the idle pump. I think it is the black/gray wire needs to be grounded. I connected it to the ac switch wiring so it grounds when I press in the snow flake.

    Leave a comment:


  • 2mAn
    replied
    in the 24v forum theres an A/C thread, Id look in there for answers about that. as far as the wheels and getting a brake improvement, Ireland Engineering & Massive both sell wilwood setups for our cars. There is also the DIY Mazda RX7 conversion and that uses 11" rotors from a VW Corrado, so those would definitely work with your current wheel size

    Leave a comment:

Working...