1991 318is Project

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ccsdo5
    replied
    Really beautiful car, nice seeing your son work on it too. You're really teaching him attention to detail with this. I also highly recommend the e38 16x8 fill and drilled to 4x100 has that super nice oem+ look.

    Leave a comment:


  • g.ruff561
    replied
    Best looking set up in my opinion is 16x8, et 20, 4x100, 57.1 center bore, direct fit. Personally I do not like the hustle and bustle of spacers, longer lugs, center rings. I have used all of those but it is some work to maintain the wheel set up using them. Not hating, just my choice. Tire size would be 225/45/16. The look is awesome.

    Leave a comment:


  • MR E30 325is
    replied
    Originally posted by overheating
    Hey, Thanks! I think the project is progressing nicely. Now that the IS sideskirts are on, and with the H&R Race Springs/Bilstein Sport suspension going on next week. I'd really like to line-up a nice set of 16" wheels & tires. The 14" basketweaves are starting to look a bit too small. Any suggestions?
    Filled and drilled E38 Style 5's are a fantastic option for a 16" wheel for your ride. Look into that.

    Leave a comment:


  • overheating
    replied
    Hey, Thanks! I think the project is progressing nicely. Now that the IS sideskirts are on, and with the H&R Race Springs/Bilstein Sport suspension going on next week. I'd really like to line-up a nice set of 16" wheels & tires. The 14" basketweaves are starting to look a bit too small. Any suggestions?

    Leave a comment:


  • jpod999
    replied
    OP it's awesome that you are working on this car with your son, get those mechanical skills instilled in him early!

    Leave a comment:


  • 0-60 freak
    replied
    Originally posted by econti
    Don't suppose you're the guy who bought Jordan's Project Lessmeister?
    Yes, been doing lots of additional work to that car, but my son is too young to help[emoji22]

    Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

    Leave a comment:


  • econti
    replied
    Originally posted by 0-60 freak
    Thats really awesome doing this with your son. mine is 3 and I hope I have the health to do things like this with him!
    Don't suppose you're the guy who bought Jordan's Project Lessmeister?

    Leave a comment:


  • 0-60 freak
    replied
    Thats really awesome doing this with your son. mine is 3 and I hope I have the health to do things like this with him!

    Leave a comment:


  • AWDBOB
    replied
    Good work!

    Leave a comment:


  • JayBrand
    replied
    Brilliant work this far!

    Leave a comment:


  • overheating
    replied
    We just installed the factory IS sideskirts; Here's a before and after!

    Before


    After

    Last edited by overheating; 08-25-2016, 02:40 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • overheating
    replied
    We spent some time today working on the E30; Time to finish up the trim!





    As you can see from the pictures below, the dash was pretty sun faded. I had read about using tire dressing to fix the dullness, so we gave her 3 treatments of Mother's Back to Black!


    Before:


    After:

    Leave a comment:


  • fresh_TD
    replied
    Looks 10 times better

    Leave a comment:


  • JayBrand
    replied
    Looks great!

    Leave a comment:


  • overheating
    replied
    We just had drivers side seat repaired! Not a perfect match, but definitely less of an eyesore.
    Drivers side bolsters and seat recovered.




    Last edited by overheating; 08-17-2016, 05:52 PM.

    Leave a comment:

Working...