No announcement yet.

Canadian 318is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oooh just read through your thread, great updates!

Those OZ's look proper!! :D
    1990 325iX Touring - November 2018 R3V Car Of The Month

1980 Volkswagen Golf mk1 1.1
    1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

I was finally able to get my OZ's finished, minus the red OZ Racing decals which are on their way. I ended up having them fill and drilled to 4x100 rather than running adapters which I am happy I did. Running 15mm spacers in the rear and 5mm up front gives me absolutely zero rubbing.

Because I converted to wheel studs for these, the two front caps don't fit anymore but thats ok, I have a solution for that as well. But I did test fit them on the rears and they are going to look awesome once refinished.

Steve • Toronto
      1991 318is • Brillantrot
      Build Thread

Comment

I like the red on white! Very cool that you were able to get them redrilled to 4x100.

Comment

Been a while since I posted an update here, but lots has happened (in life) so I figured it was time now that things have slowed down.

In February I got a new job in marketing for MBRP performance exhaust based here in Ontario, Canada. It was a 3.5 hour drive from my previous home, so we packed everything up, sold our place (within 12 hours for well over asking - market is nuts) and bought a new place 10 minutes from my new office.

Sitting on 10 acres with a massive garage and loads of storage space. The newly renovated (inside only) house even came with it, ha!

The previous owner was a motorbike guy so he appreciated someone buying the house that would get good use of the garage. So much so that he creeped me online, found out I had an old BMW so we made our street number sign reflect who the new owners were. A nice surprise on move in day!

Anyways, onto BMW stuff. Finally got my OZ decals installed. I also have 3D printed faux-lock centre caps that I still need to paint to match before installing, but that will be for another post.

...and spent loads of time hanging with car friends this summer.

Turns out an old friend of mine that haven't spoken to in 5-6 years some how lives in my new town...and is into old BMW's as well. He's the man behind Chromatic on YouTube, and recently took the E30 in for a detail that was documented in one of his recent videos, you can see it here.

Before Chromatic got his hands on it...

...and after he was done with it a few days later.

Then I got an itch that needed scratching. I loved my 2019 Tacoma as my daily, but with the craziness of the used car market, I cashed in and sold it. In under 2 years I put 90k km's on the truck and sold it for about $1500 less than what I paid for it. I'll take that as a win...

...and rolled it into a stupid but "had to do it" replacement. Always wanted one and the opportunity to get one came up so I jumped on it. 2003 Land Rover Defender 110 TD5. Originally from Spain, never winter driven and rust free.

...and immediately became accustom to what Land Rover life will be like.

Which brings us to present time. Just returning back from spending Canadian Thanksgiving weekend on a 1600km camping trip with my wife and dogs, and you know what, the Defender didn't have one issue the entire trip.

Even though most of my spare time will be spent keeping the Defender running, I'll be sure to keep this thread updated more often moving forward. Especially since my plans for the E30 will soon involve pulling the M42 to start a rebuild into an ITB kitted stroker...or at least thats the plan.
          Steve • Toronto
          1991 318is • Brillantrot
          Build Thread

Comment

Really nice update. Awesome garage, awesome Defender. Great detailing and future plans for the e30 as well
            Originally posted by priapism
            My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
            Originally posted by shameson
            Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Tips from a fellow TD5 owner:
              Bin the EGRs if you can, wind up the wastegate actuator rod so it builds more boost, and delete the mid muffler. They go so much better with that done
              sigpic

(clicky on piccy to get to thread)

Comment

Awesome thread & car! Don't know how I've missed this one. Love seeing the progression/transformation over the years.

Comment

canadian e30 here! lookin good!

Comment

Working...
                  X