1990 E30 M3 Conversion m52 Turbo How much is this worth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1990 E30 M3 Conversion m52 Turbo How much is this worth

Hi guys im looking to buy this e30 M3 conversion m52 turbo and I'm wondering how much you guys would value this car it is still incomplete it just needs a down pipe the ecu harness completed and a tune. The mods are as follows:
    -motor is a 2.8l m52 with a cometic head gasket and arp head studs s50 camshafts
    -Fully tubular manifold
    -The car has air suspension from Bag Riders
    -car is equipped with all original M3 5 bolts
    -original e36 M3 steering rack and control arms
    - it has 13 inch front rotors with dual piston caliper and rear 11 inch rotors with also dual-piston callipers
    -E36 transmission from a 325 (3.25 diff)
    - Its on real BBS RS rims 10x17 fronts and 11x17 rears
    -The engine had 160000km when pulled
    -Haltech 2500 elite ecu
    -Haltech Racepack IQ3 Digital Cluster
    -Precision 6266 turbo
    - Fully painted in 2014

I was just wondering how much this car would be valued in its current state and approximately how much it would cost to finish the car from the pics it looks like a really clean car as i have not seen the car in person because the guy lives 2.5 hours away

Here are some pics

image upload no size limit
    Last edited by hassan124; 09-07-2016, 06:00 PM.

bump

Comment

depending on the quality of the conversion(s) probably around 15 grand US, not sure what that is in Loonies
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I see what you mean by E30 M3 conversion. With so many conversions I don't know what it started as but it's got a lot of different parts and the fact it isn't complete makes it hard to say what it's worth. Wiring is one of those things that few people want to mess with especially a full standalone half installed. It could be very costly if you aren't doing it yourself. M52's are inexpensive. Are the fenders legit or fiberglass? You'd better have the body inspected.
        Last edited by reelizmpro; 09-07-2016, 09:25 PM.
        "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
        88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
        89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
        91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

With this kind of car, requiring the body work it required, it might look fine in photos. But youd have to dig pretty deep to see if everything was done properly. Its something you'd want to have inspected in person. Could be worth 15k-20k depending on the quality of everything
          Current:
          1989 325i
          1988 M3
          1987 325ic
          Past:
          2001 330ci
          2001 M3

Comment

Theres a reason its not finished and running...if body/interior is legit , i would count on 10k to get well sorted.... i see drivability issues with suspension.....dont pay more that 8-10k as it sits

sent from my cell phone
            Current Cars:
            2016 PORSCHE GT3 RS
            2017 FERRARI 488GTB
            2018 RAPTOR CREW CAB
            1991 318is SLICKTOP H&R SPRING SEMA CAR
            1991 318IS SLICKTOP STERLING SILVER
            1990 325ic BRONZIT/AUTO :)
            1989 E30 M3 (SOLD AWAITING SHIPPING)

On Order:
            2018 DODGE DEMON

Searching for:
            CLEAN E30'S
            S54 DRIVETRAIN
            E30 DASH
            E30 PARTS

Comment

He told me its all legit no fiber glass junk all done professionally.

Comment

Originally posted by hassan124 View Post
                Ask for receipts
                1989 325is Lachssilber - Sold
                1990 325is Sterlingsilber - Current Project
                September 2018 Car of the Month: Zeemz
                Youtube Track & Autocross Videos

Comment

Originally posted by hassan124 View Post
                  So then it's just the front bumper that's fiberglass? I noticed it has E36 foglights as well.
                  "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                  88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                  89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                  91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

that car screams instagram fanboi... 195 tires on 9.5" wheels or what? jeez....

OP, can you finish the wiring & tuning? If yes, I would consider it if the body work was legit. If not, run away
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:
                    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

he is looking to get around 13k USD and I would not be the one finishing it up. not sure if i should go for it or not

Comment

I'd run away from that from that mess as fast as I could.

Will
                        '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
                        '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
                        '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
                        '88 BMW M3

Comment

The car looks clean from the pics, but with the various tech-y components being put together for this car, I'd leave it if I wasn't capable of understanding and finishing the work myself.
                          My previous build (currently E30-less)
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

I think 13k is fair those wheels alone are in the 3k range if not more. I need better pics but the front of that turbo does not look like a precision turbo to me
                            1989 325i LS Swap (Money Pit):https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=244933
                            COTM Feb 2019: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=428404

Comment

Originally posted by Pootis View Post
                              I think 13k is fair those wheels alone are in the 3k range if not more. I need better pics but the front of that turbo does not look like a precision turbo to me
                              That is assuming the wheels are round and not beaten to hell due to stupid tire choice. Stretched tires, the fastest way to make expensive wheels junk. Too many poorly thought out changes on this thing. Assuming it started as a real M3, I'd look at it as a total restoration project with a few nice but incompatible parts that could be sold off. It will not be cheap to fix this mess.

Will
                              '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
                              '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
                              '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
                              '88 BMW M3

Comment

Working...
                              X