Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by quanaman View Post
    Mike,
    Been a while Since we met, car is looking amazing. Hope all is well with you
    Originally posted by laidback93 View Post
    Beautiful! Amazing e30 and detail job.

I have a set of new Ronals on their way. Can’t wait to put them on. I plan to get the S Drives as well.

The RS’s are way out of my league now. Maybe someday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks, all!

Comment

I got out for some quick photos at sunrise. Also, I ordered something from Europe last week and should have some photos of that soon. ;D

Comment

Originally posted by mike.bmw View Post

just was going through your thread to get a few details for my "is" restoration.

In any event, all you had to do in order to check for LSD is to raise the rear of you car as in your pic above. Spin one rear wheel and watch in which direction the other side is spinning:

the same direction - LSD
        the opposite direction - open diff.

This applies to any other cars and 100% sure way to tell regardless of tags and stamps

Comment

Originally posted by zaq123 View Post
          just was going through your thread to get a few details for my "is" restoration.

In any event, all you had to do in order to check for LSD is to raise the rear of you car as in your pic above. Spin one rear wheel and watch in which direction the other side is spinning:

the same direction - LSD

This applies to any other cars and 100% sure way to tell regardless of tags and stamps
          Yep! As I mentioned in a later post the wheels spinning in the same or opposite directions only applies if the car is in neutral. If the driveshaft is fixed due to the car being in gear, even an LSD will spin the wheels in opposite directions, making it appear to be an open diff. When I had tested the diff 3 years ago I had the car in gear, coupled with not seeing the diff tag and the car not originally being equipped with LSD, I incorrectly assumed it was an open diff. Still drives me crazy I overlooked this!

Comment

Originally posted by mike.bmw View Post
            Yep! As I mentioned in a later post the wheels spinning in the same or opposite directions only applies if the car is in neutral. If the driveshaft is fixed due to the car being in gear, even an LSD will spin the wheels in opposite directions, making it appear to be an open diff. When I had tested the diff 3 years ago I had the car in gear, coupled with not seeing the diff tag and the car not originally being equipped with LSD, I incorrectly assumed it was an open diff. Still drives me crazy I overlooked this!
            haha. I didn't even think that anyone would ever attempt to fight with the transmission and spin the tire with the car in gear. I guess there is always someone who will.... :D

Comment

Why not just drop the clutch and see if you get two skid marks [emoji2375]

Drive Tastefully!
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
              IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

haha. I didn't even think that anyone would ever attempt to fight with the transmission and spin the tire with the car in gear. I guess there is always someone who will.... :D
                Didn't do it on purpose! I'll be the first to admit it was a complete botch and embarrassment.

Originally posted by getouth View Post

Drive Tastefully!
                This!

Comment

Dam good looking car bud! I was considering painting mine white

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by getouth View Post

Drive Tastefully!
                    Doesn't really work if you just do a regular ol burnout, typically old opens will spin both from a standstill.
                    Tip it in for a hoop and the game is up however
                    sigpic

(clicky on piccy to get to thread)

Comment

Originally posted by econti View Post
                      Doesn't really work if you just do a regular ol burnout, typically old opens will spin both from a standstill.

Tip it in for a hoop and the game is up however

I’m talking about a MAN’s burnout...[emoji2363]
                      It’s very easy to tell if you have traction on both axles

Drive Tastefully!
                      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
                      IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

the same direction - LSD
                        the opposite direction - open diff or Torsen swapped
                        Originally posted by kronus
                        would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Ain't no hoonigans in here.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

the same direction - LSD

It keeps quite well.

Comment

DMC Prep Part 3: Interior and final wash

I have a busy week ahead, so I cleaned the interior today and gave the exterior a final wash before DMC next Sunday. Fingers crossed the weather will be good!

Last edited by mike.bmw; 04-29-2019, 03:56 AM.

Comment

Jesus that car is friggin' clean, looks brand new.
                                '86 325e Zinnoberrot /// '02 325ci Schwarz II /// '18 M4 Azurite Black Metallic ///

Albie325 Build Thread | Albie325 COTM Jan 2021

Comment

Working...
                                X