No announcement yet.

New owner, BMW 325iX Touring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last weekend we made a trip the Zeeland, The Netherlands. Very nice region with great views and some nice roads + not too many cars as well ;D

First day we had a picnic, as we didn't find any parking space we just parked on the grass whichm ade for a great picture!

As it was 33-35°C I opened the hood a little to get some of the hot air out of the engine bay.. Luckily the aircon works great!

Crossing one of the many bridges/dams

Quick last stop before we headed to the hotel

When suddenly... we we're waiting for a bridge to close again,the cars in fornt of ut started driving again. My uncle who was behind me in his 316i baur waved/flashed his lights. Not sure what he ment, I drove a bit further only seeing my brother going for the emergency lane. My uncle steps out of his baur and tells me his clutch pedal is stuck on the floor.. Great.
    Luckily we had some towing rope with us and made it back safely to the hotel. The next day we drove with only the two iXs. His baur is already sitting in our workshp awaiting a new clutch cylinder ;)

View out of the hotel, very cool location. (Delta hotel, Vlaardingen)

And final picture to end the trip :)
    1990 325iX Touring - November 2018 R3V Car Of The Month

1980 Volkswagen Golf mk1 1.1
    1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

A pair of iX tourings. I can only dream

beautiful trip, great pictures
      sigpic

(clicky on piccy to get to thread)

Comment

did you visit FutureLand? What is that place?

Comment

Originally posted by econti View Post
          A pair of iX tourings. I can only dream

beautiful trip, great pictures
          Still trying to convince my brother to also get one.. three iX tourings are better than two right.. :)

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
          did you visit FutureLand? What is that place?
          Never heard of Futureland..?

1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

Couple of pictures from a recent drive out, called Sharknose Tour

A guy I met via Intagrams 325e mtech 1, stroked to 2.7 damn that thing sounded good!

1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

Just a quick update, bought some more parts for the iX. :)

One of the holders for my rollo was broken which caused the rollo itself to 'eject' when driving over bumps.
              I was able to find a set of used ones with the included screws as I'm missing one as well.
              (If anyone needs a good left holder, I still have my original one)

I also ordered some SEM grey vinyl paint. I'm thinking of painting the rollo's screen as there are some stains.
              I have 3 rollo's which I plan on making atleast one good one from.

I also got some axles for 230€ shipped, I can't feel any play. However I'll reboot them or maybe even get them rebuild, not sure yet.

And finally, I got started on repairing my uncles Baur, which had a failed clutch cylinder when we went on our trip to The Netherlands.
              However when removing the clutch feed line, the little nipple broke of from the reservoir. As it's NLA from BMW, I source on on a Facebook group. Hopefully it arrives today or tomorrow so I can finish that car.

Meanwhile, I also got his iX Touring in the workshop. In preparation for the roadtrip to the Alps, we plan on also replacing the clutch, clutch hydraulics, gear shift assembly, coolant hoses, fuel lines (soft and hard) & rebuilding the brakes + brake hoses.
              I already got started on removing everything, I roughly timed it and it took me 3 hours to remove everything on my own. Not bad if I say to myself

Pretty greasy.. I'm thinking it was coming from the black plugs in the head as I already had degreased the outside of the gearbox a while back and it's now still dry. However I'll replace the input seal and RMS just to be sure.

Flywheel will need a resurface

Also found a Mtech rear view mirror for him :)

1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

that's a mtech mirror? I always thought it was just a standard mirror.

Comment

that's a mtech mirror? I always thought it was just a standard mirror.
                  Yes, it has the Mtechnic 2 map lights; These seem to go well over 180-250€ depending on the state. This one is super nice, got it for 150 incl shipping.

1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

Great photos and work as always! I love following this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by D.Martijn View Post
                      Yes, it has the Mtechnic 2 map lights; These seem to go well over 180-250€ depending on the state. This one is super nice, got it for 150 incl shipping.
                      That's awesome! Looks like I got some goodies in my car.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow!! That's great car and black too. Thanks for sharing some beautiful pics.

Comment

Originally posted by mike.bmw View Post
                          Great photos and work as always! I love following this thread.
                          Thanks Mike!!

That's awesome! Looks like I got some goodies in my car.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
                          Cool! I've also found a guy in the UK who produces the wiring looms for the mirror. Lookes exactly like the original loom.

Originally posted by janialambar View Post
                          Wow!! That's great car and black too. Thanks for sharing some beautiful pics.
                          Thank you!

1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

Quick update on my uncles iX Touring which was in for replacing all rubber hoses (brake, fuel, vacuum & coolant), refreshing the calipers, new clutch, O2 sensor....

Couple of pictures :)
                            The old fuel lines were pretty hard + has some cracks at the ends

Thank to the transmission not being connected yet, I was able to tilt the engine to the front and access the hose clamp behind the cilinderhead

Pretty nice that these come pre bend!

New RMS

Resealed input shaft

Z3 short shifter, new poly front carrier bushings and rear delrin bushing

Also replaced the oil level sensor (pretty expensive piece). The floet on the old one is stuck, I might try to clean it up, although no real way to open it up. Would it be possible to let it sit in some diesel to clean it out?

Also had to replace the rotor and distributor as it hadn't been replaced before

Painted the calipers, at first I wanted to also get them zinc plated but the company is still in holiday till 15th of August so it would have taken too long..

Had to drop the rear subframe to get to these... I had new one made out of cunifer at the local parts store

New diff bushing as the old one was pretty cracked..

And went to my work to modify the hollow oil filter housing bolt

And back onto it's wheels, getting the cooling system bled. I might have to rebleed the brakes a bit more

That's pretty much it. We did pick up a beige Touring interior for his iX. Mainly because of the good trunk trim and the included rear head rests as he also wanted rears for this Touring. I'll have to swap them over since the fabric in the middle of the seats is not the same.

1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

Machinists swear by a mix of ATF and acetone for penetrating fluid, put some of that in the sensor and see what happens
                              sigpic

(clicky on piccy to get to thread)

Comment

Originally posted by econti View Post
                                Machinists swear by a mix of ATF and acetone for penetrating fluid, put some of that in the sensor and see what happens
                                Yeah, I've also had good luck with that mixture to loosen up bolts/nuts or the O2 sensor. thanks for the suggestion!

1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

Working...
                                X