No announcement yet.

New owner, BMW 325iX Touring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What the phuck did they do?! Tow it open trailer through a bunch of low hanging branches?? Cricky. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
    2016 Ford Flex
    2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

I would definitely be asking for compensation from them for that if it was me. That's just careless on their behalf.
      sigpic

(clicky on piccy to get to thread)

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
        oh man, those under trays are basically NLA. how did they even manage to scratch the roof like that? I feel like compensation is in order.
        Originally posted by djjerme View Post
        What the phuck did they do?! Tow it open trailer through a bunch of low hanging branches?? Cricky. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Originally posted by econti View Post
        I would definitely be asking for compensation from them for that if it was me. That's just careless on their behalf.

As far as I can tell they are still available, part no 51711965609, 95€.

Yeah I'm not sure how they managed to do that.. maybe passing some road with low hanging trees? Not sure.. my antenna was also folded against my roof. Bot sure if they did this to load it on the trailer or it's because of the tree branches..?

Yeah it will get sorted!
        1990 325iX Touring - November 2018 R3V Car Of The Month

1980 Volkswagen Golf mk1 1.1
        1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

It's been a while..
          I did start looking at my engine and tried starting it but I'll make a separate post about that one.

However, I saw a post on an 325iX Facebook group that the inner ball joints are available again from BMW. I immediately decided to buy another set for myself and one for my uncle.
          ~72€/each at the dealer, not too bad.

I also got a repro Alpina vent gauge. I only had a temperature gauge as of now, but liked to have engine oil pressure as well without having to install some ugly round gauges in the middle console etc..
          So this was the perfect fit!

And everything connected!

I still need to screw in the sensors, I didn't have extra diff oil and need to modify the adaptor I bought
          I plan on running the sensors for the engine oil like this, both on the hollow oil filter housing bolt

A few weekend ago I also helped a friend remove his engine from his E30, it had very low compression (2bar) on 2 cylinders and the other 4 also had low compression overall about 9bar..
          He was also having a ton of oil blow by, we suspect his piston rings are done
          After some carefull manouvering we got it out! He already rmoved the transmission and cylinderhead, next up are the crank and pistons

1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

Today I went ahead and went to my work to modify the adaptor for the sensors. When trying to screw in the temperature sensor, the end of the probe touches/closes the hole where the oil needs to pass through off.
            I used a drill to make the "chamber" for the oil a bit deeper.

When I tried fitting the adaptor on the hollow bolt of the oil filter housing, the hole on the adaptor for the oil pressure sensor was pointing down. I wouldn't be able to screw in the sensor so it needed to point to the front of the car.
            I screwed the adaptor in loosely and tested a couple of washer to determine the thickness that the copper gasket needs to be. I found some left over copper stock at work and made 3 washers, all with a slightly different thickness so I could see which one fitted the best.

It's tight but fits in there, I used some sealant on the 1/8NPT threads of the oil pressure sensor just to be sure..

And also cleaned up the mess I made inside + took a picture with everything turned on :)

1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

Quality work as usual!
              E30 320i vert
              But daily drive is Volvo V60 Polestar

Comment

That gauge is very cool. Nice work as always.

Comment

Originally posted by Tzantushka View Post
                  Quality work as usual!
                  Originally posted by mike.bmw View Post
                  That gauge is very cool. Nice work as always.
                  Thanks guys!

1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

Last thing I needed to do, to get the Alpina vent gauges all finished up was connecting the vacuum line to the intake manifold.
                    The kit came included with a Tfitting to tie into the existing vacuum line that goes to the FPR. I didn't like how this would have looked so I decided to order another block off plate which has two vacuum connections.
                    I think this is was used on the Eta.

I might have to shorten the FPR vacuum line just a little more though.

I also got a new daily as I am planning on registering the E30 on some classic plates after Winter, when the weather get better again.
                    Decided to get myself a VW Golf GTI mk7.5 Performance :)

1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

Congrats on the GTI and that's a really clever solution to avoid using a T fitting! The engine in the E30 is looking clean. Were you able to resolve the issues?

Comment

Nice pickup on the Ball Joints! The GTi looks great. I'm so impressed with the instrument clusters in the new cars - congrats.
                        clutchCTRL!
                        Move with a purpose.
                        - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                        - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                        - 2000 323i AT
                        2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

That's exactly the seat fabric that I want to use in my E30. Very nice
                          sigpic

(clicky on piccy to get to thread)

Comment

Nice man! You guys always buy matching cars over there?

Comment

Drive it like you just stole it! :p

Comment

Originally posted by mike.bmw View Post
                                Congrats on the GTI and that's a really clever solution to avoid using a T fitting! The engine in the E30 is looking clean. Were you able to resolve the issues?
                                Thank you and thank you, I thought so myself :)
                                Haven't had time to fully address the engine yet.

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
                                Nice pickup on the Ball Joints! The GTi looks great. I'm so impressed with the instrument clusters in the new cars - congrats.
                                Thanks! I'm glad to have an extra set on the shelf.
                                Yeah, all digital. I do like the overall interior as well. There are still some dails for heating etc so it's not all touchscreen, not a bg fan of needing to do everything via the touchscreen.

Originally posted by econti View Post
                                That's exactly the seat fabric that I want to use in my E30. Very nice
                                A must have for a GTI! Kinda looks like the checkered is fabric

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
                                Nice man! You guys always buy matching cars over there?
                                Ha! I know right. E30 325iX Touring, mk1 GTI and now a mk7 GTI... what's next?

Originally posted by 88e30ix View Post
                                Thanks!

1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

Working...
                                X