No announcement yet.

New owner, BMW 325iX Touring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome man. This is great detective work.

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
      Awesome man. This is great detective work.
      Thanks man, Although I'm still not 100% sure it's the right part.. lol
      Very hard to find modern equivalent electronic parts for this old stuff
      1990 325iX Touring - November 2018 R3V Car Of The Month

1980 Volkswagen Golf mk1 1.1
      1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

In the meantime, I gave the E30 a well deserved bath after sitting under a layer of workshop dust for far too long

It's amazing what a difference it made :p

1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

Your touring is looking great! Are you using a new camera?

Just to echo with jeenyus said, excellent job tracking down the wiper components and finding a suitable replacement. It's nice when you can actually get in touch with a knowledgable person at a company.

Comment

Originally posted by mike.bmw View Post
            Your touring is looking great! Are you using a new camera?

Just to echo with jeenyus said, excellent job tracking down the wiper components and finding a suitable replacement. It's nice when you can actually get in touch with a knowledgable person at a company.
            Thanks man, Not sure how to explain it, but washing the E30 made me more excited again? (Than having to look at a "dusty old car") Hopefully this covid thing goes away soon so we start driving around again in our classic cars..
            Still using my Google Pixel 3 :)

1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

Also grateful you reminded me about mouser.com. That website is amazing when you find what you are looking for.

Comment

Last parts to refurbish for the SWRA system were the rubber wiper blades.
                Took some fiddling to get them fitted. There is also a spring metal plate in the wipers picture here

And fitted, after the first try I noticed I had them positioned wrong on this picture

Video of it working:
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hi4q...ature=youtu.be

1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

Those are super cool. Based on all your refurbishment, they should last a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by mike.bmw View Post
                    Those are super cool. Based on all your refurbishment, they should last a long time.
                    Thanks Mike! I sure hope they do, although it's more of a 'must have' part rather than an usefull upgrade :)

I also received some small extra parts today.
                    When testing the system I notice that the valves at the washer jets leaked quite a bit so I got some new ones.

As well as some bushings for the gas pedal as it's quite stiff and squeaky

1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

Last week I got contacted by another member (also from Belgium) with the question if I could 3D print some parts for his E30 project.
                      He wanted me to print the fuel line clips that hold the fuel lines fixed above the fuel tank.

After getting the clips, I took them to work with me and after hours I scanned the profile on the CMM.
                      I remember mine were also pretty broken when replacing the fuel tank a year, maybe even 2 years ago.

After some modelling in Solidworks.. I decided to make the bracket one single thickness + used a nice draft on the center section so I didn't need to print supports.

And a quick test making sure it works before printing several others

Happy with the finished result

1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

It's been a while..
                        Today I've made my first longer drive (160km) again after getting back from the Alps roadtrip in September of last year.
                        The iX drove beautifully, although I'll have to readjust the boot lid as it's rattling a little bit.

Couple pictures

1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

Your car looks great! My rear boot is also very squeaky...can you document what you end up doing to get it to stop rattling?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_SF View Post
                            Your car looks great! My rear boot is also very squeaky...can you document what you end up doing to get it to stop rattling?
                            Thanks man! As for the rear boot lid, there are two stops/guides on either side of the lid at the corners. See it there are touching the main chassis of the car. so there is some pressure on the lid when you latch the lid closed.
                            Make sure that the hook that latches also is adjusted properly and the lid can't flop around in the latch itself. I think I got it pretty close now but only a test drive will tell.

It's been pretty quiet on the E30 update wise. I haven't driven it a whole lot to be honest.. I now have two weeks off from work and I started looking at the central locking.
                            A while back I noticed something falling inside my driver side door when locking the car, this meant that I could from then on only double lock the car (before I could also lock it by turning it 45deg, but I double locked it pretty much always..)
                            I've never been able to really use the passenger side lock but after some research I think I know what my problem is, me. lol
                            Since I always double locked, this made the passenger side and trunk lock unusable to unlock the car. However, when the car is unlocked I can lock it with the passenger side and trunk lock.

But not knowing this prior to removing the door cards today, I had a look at the passenger lock and then I remembered something had broken off so I removed the drivers side doorcard as well.
                            After looking inside the drivers side door, I found the following parts from the lock assembly, that can't be good ;)

New rebuild kit ordered from the dealer, as I have a passenger side kit already on hand, I think I'll rebuild both locks just to be sure.

I've got a couple things planned as well like a transmission rebuild and the quick ratio steering I posted a while back.
                            But that won't be until the weather starts getting worse/colder again, since I won't be using the car anyway.

1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

Every time I see this car, I want a touring
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:
                              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                                Every time I see this car, I want a touring
                                Thanks man! I mean go get one haha I won't hold you back

1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

Working...
                                X