Hit and run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hit and run

Someone back into my car a few days before Christmas...I have insurance but only liability. I am just wondering how much it would cost to get my hood and grill bracket straightened out or if it would be cheaper to find another hood. Also if anyone has a ellipsoid headlight, front grill, or a zinn color hood let me know. Thanks!
    Attached Files
    sigpic

That doesnt look too bad. Shame that whoever did it didnt bother to leave their info. You can pull most of it back out and it wont look too bad.
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

What I would do is do a little research on Google for the best PDR guy in your area - you being in SoCal, I'm sure there are several really good ones. Just make sure you find one of the top guys, as experience and individual skill is everything in the art that is PDR.

After you've found your guy, have them take a look at the damage. They'll be able to give you an honest assessment of what is possible with that kind of damage. I would be surprised if it couldn't be fixed. AND you'll still have your original hood.
      1991 318is Brillantrot daily driver (slow restoration)

Comment

cheaper to buy the parts in the same color

Comment

Sucks man, probably the same fucker that backed into my door the other day

Where in socal are you? I know a guy who may have parts if you choose to go that route.

Comment

Originally posted by dogze30 View Post
            cheaper to buy the parts in the same color
            Only short-term. That will devalue the car if resale is a concern.
            Originally posted by kronus
            would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

zinno part out in San Diego

Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Working...
              X