No announcement yet.

Ole thirty Bastard build thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sometimes you gotta keep yourself motivated with a daily bash and trash!
    (filmed in Mexico City, Mexico.)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FH46k5wkXTY
    1990 325i M52 swapped!

Comment

Finally towing her back to the shop to get the rest of the problems ironed out.

Also so i can weld up some custom exhaust. Long tube headers with some custom fire wall messaging then to a 2 1/2 inch exhaust with a 12" glass pack and running a thrush weld in muffler.

Shout out to a solid set up love my eastwood mig welder

Last edited by NateThirty; 05-26-2017, 06:17 PM.
      1990 325i M52 swapped!

Comment

Previous owner tried to weld the sunroof skin to the car but did a horrible job.

So i bought some sheet metal and did it the "right" way i sealed it and pop riveted it into place after that i proceeded to paint the roof white to reflect more heat since theres no AC or heat or blower motor for that matter.

1990 325i M52 swapped!

Comment

Took the dirty out for another shake down run. almost had to put it in 4wd things got a little sketchy
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxqGPinu3T4

needless to say Still getting used to the power curve and the super short 4.10 gears
          1990 325i M52 swapped!

Comment

Sub'd for a semi local build!
            My Garage
            2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
            1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
            1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
            Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

I love builds like this!

Was thinking of picking up that Eastwood you have.

Did you get smaller OD piping to fit inside the headers and then clamp them to make the exhaust removable in sections?

Also are those the speed_daddy ebay headers?

I'm about to embark on the same journey you just did, which is why I ask.

Keep it up! And get some S52 cams.
              1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
              1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post
                I love builds like this!

Was thinking of picking up that Eastwood you have.

Did you get smaller OD piping to fit inside the headers and then clamp them to make the exhaust removable in sections?

Also are those the speed_daddy ebay headers?

I'm about to embark on the same journey you just did, which is why I ask.

Keep it up! And get some S52 cams.

Love that welder got it for a good price and it's done everything I needed to and more!

I bought a 2 into 1, 2 inch to 2 1/2 inch and its clamped at the 2 into 1 and clamped at the muffler. So I can remove the whole exhaust easily and I can change the muffler if I need to or want change for a different sound.

Absolutely they are eBay headers this is a budget build all the way. And I wish I could find some decent priced s52 cams, but right now my goal is to get a different diff the 4.10s are killing me while cruising I want some 2.93 out of a e30 325es or a 3.46 from a e28

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                1990 325i M52 swapped!

Comment

Originally posted by stonea View Post
                  Sub'd for a semi local build!

Hell yeah for E30s of Virginia!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  1990 325i M52 swapped!

Comment

Also bought some Sick race seats from a somewhat local seller while i was in NC.
                    got them for a whooping $150 had to fab up some seat brackets made sliders on the drivers side fixed on the passenger side

**Also not my garage so don't judge me for the neon bumper in the background**
                    1990 325i M52 swapped!

Comment

Wanted to try my hand at painting so i gave the the ole girl a ice cream paint job! bought a eastwood LPHV spray gun and a pressure regulator. bought some summit olive drab car paint and went to town. sanded down the whole car and prepped really well primed it and all.
                      Built a spray booth in the shop fans under the doors to help circulate and Dexter'd up one of the bays to protect from overspray

I was winging it to say the least just a lot of youtube videos and closing my eyes and doing as they say "Spray and Prey"

Had to do tons of wet sanding i mean i wet sanded the whole car like 4 times and then did another respray. Came out okay kind of rough but i like it>
                      Last edited by NateThirty; 05-27-2017, 08:10 PM.
                      1990 325i M52 swapped!

Comment

Working...
                      X