No announcement yet.

Lachs Silver 1988 325 Sedan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, nice! He came to look at my Delphin sedan when it was available. Beautiful car!
    1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
    1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Looking forward to seeing it at the Vintage! Loved following the build of this car!

Comment

If you aren't buying your e30s from Toby, you are buying them from the wrong person. He is easily the best person to purchase a car from. Super nice dude and did everything he could to make sure our trip was flawless.

I mean, who else details the entire car before you pick it, gives you a box of all the essential fluids with rags and gloves, and a little bottle of Griots Garage BOSS wax to make sure the car stays fresh throughout the drive? He also included enough parts to fill the car AND a snack sack for the road. If I wasn't so far away I wouldn't hesitate to take the Bronzit e30 off his hands either. Just because I know he will make sure it's ready to go anywhere.

The trip back is almost 2,200 miles with stops in Post Falls, Bozeman, Gillette, Sioux City, St Louis, then back home to Terre Haute, IN. We are leaving Bozeman today and so far the car has done flawlessly and we couldn't be more happy with it. Super smooth ride and has plenty of power.

I have a lot in mind for the future of the car and will do my best to continue to keep the progress document in this thread.

All just means to an end.

Comment

The car drove beautifully the entire way back. By the end I definitely got a good feel of the car and all its quirks. The main one being the LSD. At highway speeds it was actually really quiet. However, at slow speeds it started to make some noises. So I ordered some Redline while on the road and had it waiting for me when I got back. Also, when we got home I washed the car and noticed water was somehow making it into the trunk.

The LSD sounded a lot better after replacing the fluid. Still some noise though. I was also able to get a little bit of work done over the week before The Vintage. Nothing huge. New trunk and taillight seals, wiper arms, roundel, and little parts here and there that I was able to pull from the parts car.

I'm headed down to NC on Tuesday for the Vintage. See you guys there.

Comment

Originally posted by grahamsy2k View Post

Im pretty sure I have a picture with my E34 M5 in that exact spot back in 2011 or something when a friend and I went backpacking at Glacier National Park. We stopped here on the way out

I think the pic was lost when photo bucket sh!t the bed... glad to see this car is in good hands too... Please keep this thread going!
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
              Im pretty sure I have a picture with my E34 M5 in that exact spot back in 2011 or something when a friend and I went backpacking at Glacier National Park. We stopped here on the way out

I think the pic was lost when photo bucket sh!t the bed... glad to see this car is in good hands too... Please keep this thread going!

I forget where it was to be honest. Somewhere in Washington

Comment

Originally posted by grahamsy2k View Post
                I forget where it was to be honest. Somewhere in Washington

Yup just random spot on the 90 (IIRC) where you’re thinking, ya good place to stop for a second
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Had a good time at the Vintage. Look forward to next year. Picked up a cool shift boot and ordered a matching ebrake boot from Stitched Boots

Plans for the coming summer:
                  - Front seat reupholstered
                  - Get Euro clock in
                  - Find and install map light rearview mirror
                  - Get Side skirts painted and installed
                  - Solve check light issue. (brake lights / coolant lever lights both on despite being good)
                  - Fix rust under battery tray
                  - Fix e brake button. (Won't reset unless pulled out)

Comment

Working...
                  X