I would love to, but Im busy that weekend... maybe next year
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
      we are caravaning to the picnic next year even if I have to drive my ass down to LA first
      1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

lezz go next year?

BLUE NOSE - M62 SWAP

THE E30 + 1 BUILD

Comment

Boooooooo

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Originally posted by wworm View Post
            we are caravaning to the picnic next year even if I have to drive my ass down to LA first
            We out
            '86 Burgundrot 325 2.8 stroker.

Build thread

Other cars:
            2000 Porsche Boxster
            2006 Subaru Outback XT 5MT
            1972 Porsche 914

Comment

Found a use for this leftover “plastidip”

I really should spend my time doing more productive things... too late now.

I should probably grab the rest of the trim... oh yea and a rear bumper haha

I swear there is a method to my madness
              Simon
              Current Cars:

Comment

Cirrusly Blue - The Daily Driver E30

I should probably grab the rest of the trim... oh yea and a rear bumper haha

I swear there is a method to my madness

I had an agenda today for the E30. A big part was to see if I could get away with a R12 recharge and call it a day. Big shout out to Mike36 for the referral.

Unfortunately there’s a few leaks that need to be addressed, so that gets to be moved up on the list of to-do’s.

The next destination involved crossing another item off the list. The rear plastic bumper ... these were the pics I got:

It looked like it was missing the fiberglass inner but again Mike36 came through again and just happened to have a rear inner piece that I grabbed from him.

Now that I pretty much have a complete rear bumper to match the front. So what now?... well, there’s the talk that the plastic bumpers are heavier than the diving boards. If you know me than you know that I’m not down with adding weight.....

So while the paint was drying I sat there staring at the fiberglass... hamster on the wheel.... I knew I could definitely trim some fat. I completely blew it and realized I took no pics of the front but you get to get a glimpse into my mind and thought process haha ... brace yourself

Before, about 13.5#

Annnnd here we go

Still strong... let’s keep it up

And the result of my work lol

Dropped a few lbs haha

Waiting to get the rear bumper shocks and I’m sort of done until I have all of the euro trim installed
                Last edited by 2mAn; 06-18-2018, 03:57 PM.
                Simon
                Current Cars:

Comment

A/C project is sort of on hold because tomorrow I’m letting someone else polish this turd... anyone who knows me knows that I put cosmetics low on my list but it’s mostly because I don’t like devoting a whole day to cleaning a daily driven, street parked car... so tomorrow I’m letting a r3v member have a go at it .

Here’s a sort of “before” shot. The E31 cars were at my school but I don’t n is here the old men were. Parked next to one, snapped a pic and ran to watch the Germany v Sweden game. They still have hope! Let’s hope my paint does too!!

Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

how’s the suspension holding up? I’m looking for a daily driver suspension with exactly your ride height. Good shit with the build, can’t wait to see the polish results.

Comment

Originally posted by Jokester View Post
                      how’s the suspension holding up? I’m looking for a daily driver suspension with exactly your ride height. Good shit with the build, can’t wait to see the polish results.

The suspension is perfect for me. It doesn’t feel “race-car” but its very confidence inspiring. Ive taken long drives with my friend and we both we impressed how little fatigue we felt after driving for hours. I’m a believer but your results may vary.

So Alonzo did a wonderful job. It’s not perfect but I didn’t give him much to work with. Here’s an after shot on my street ...

Paint feels silky smooth.

Here’s a pic Alonzo took while it was “in process” I highly recommend this guy. Totally worth the money, I can only imagine how’s it be if he wasn’t polishing up the crap paint that’s on my car and was something good

I should be making another change this week, I’m excited for the next change too, though it will be temporarily incomplete...
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

Looks much better. Is the clear coat burning off or the paint is oddly oxidizing?

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Originally posted by parkerbink View Post
                          Looks much better. Is the clear coat burning off or the paint is oddly oxidizing?
                          Im not sure honestly... I think the oxidation is causing all of the weird discolorations.

Oh and fun fact. I came out to my car covered in water spots from the sprinklers and a nice fat bid shit on the trunklid this morning.

this is why I dont like cleaning cars. It was clean for like 20 hours and now its on its way back to how its been...
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

Im not sure honestly... I think the oxidation is causing all of the weird discolorations.

Oh and fun fact. I came out to my car covered in water spots from the sprinklers and a nice fat bid shit on the trunklid this morning.

this is why I dont like cleaning cars. It was clean for like 20 hours and now its on its way back to how its been...

With the wax it should come off with light water

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hustling goods out the trunk in Beverly Hills....

But seriously this post was more about these new pedal pads that ‘cirrusblue’ developed.

They can be found here

They seriously are an amazingly simple and awesome upgrade. I would’ve written this earlier and forgot to do a proper evaluation because it wasn’t until I was heel-toeing earlier today that it dawned on me how great these are.

I want a set for my Datsun too but I think these are too big to fit. Took 2 minutes to install

Last edited by 2mAn; 07-10-2018, 07:47 AM.
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:

Comment

Agreed, those pedal covers are the cats meow.

Comment

Working...
                                X