Cirrusly Blue - The Daily Driver E30... now SUPER powered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What makes those so dank?
    Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
      What makes those so dank?
      you seem like a skateboarder so whatever the hell it is that you hippies use to keep your feet from sliding off a flat wooden board is similar to this, but this stuff is much less aggressive.

Im excited for tomorrow. Should be a nice update coming :)
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
        you seem like a skateboarder so whatever the hell it is that you hippies use to keep your feet from sliding off a flat wooden board is similar to this, but this stuff is much less aggressive.

Im excited for tomorrow. Should be a nice update coming :)
        lol
        It looks like its a soft rubber, which would be the tits when its dry, wet itd probably be almost as bad as the stock pedals, but wet pedal performance really shouldnt matter because they're inside the damn car. I'm just speaking from experience (story time)

I was driving to work in the rain, which is already a lil sketchy in my old shitbox sedan, and had to slam on my brakes. My foot was still wet from walking to the car and slipped off the brake pedal. Ended up merging halfway onto the shoulder and barely missed the car in front of me. Thank god for my sick german chassis' handling abilities otherwise I wouldnt have been able to maneuver as quickly and efficiently.

Looking forward to the update mr two man
        1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Originally posted by wworm View Post

Looking forward to the update mr two man

Today, we see proof of all that Swiss cheesin paying off!... hahah

Front metal bumper 18#

Front plastic bumper 17#

I weighed the front shocks to compare, both pairs came in at 6#. I also didn’t have the front trim on the plastic bumper and none of that overriding trim from the metal bumper.

This, my friends, is a win-win because I get a major improvement in looks with a minor weight reduction too. It’s small but it still is less weight

Pics of the full car will come soon
          Last edited by 2mAn; 06-29-2018, 11:07 PM.
          Simon
          Current Cars:

Comment

:coolphoto: ... But do you have cold A/C yet?

Comment

Originally posted by e30_troy View Post
              :coolphoto: ... But do you have cold A/C yet?

No, working on that, but the car decided to be a pest

I had starting hearing a weird noise that turned out to be a failing water pump... pretty frustrating because I just did the timing belt. As I was making my rounds and was one stop away from picking up the parts, coolant light turned on and saw the temp climbing. Luckily this happened just as I was parking for the stop prior to the parts store. Annoyed, but happy I have AAA. 3 Uber’s and a tow later, the car and the parts were with Ian to fix while I went away for my Anniversary. As usual, car was ready when I was back and I picked it up a few days ago. Drove to work today as if nothing happened. Temp sits dead at the 12 o'clock position

New timing belt, tensioner, water pump, thermostat and cam seal done at 175k.

A pic from where it decided to relieve itself of its coolant

I’ll be putting the front trim on this week and will be waiting for bluntech to get my rear euro trim... I might throw the regular trim in the interim so it looks a little more complete. We’ll see how I feel once the front is installed
              Last edited by 2mAn; 07-05-2018, 08:29 AM.
              Simon
              Current Cars:

Comment

Hey at least those parts are extra fresh for some summer time thrashing.

Also back alleys aren't the worst place for an impromptu photoshoot.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post
                  Hey at least those parts are extra fresh for some summer time thrashing.

Also back alleys aren't the worst place for an impromptu photoshoot.

Exactly, it could’ve been much worse but still annoying!...

I wish I could show more of what was inside the building i was at, I know I can share this pic. One of many awesome cars inside

Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

Front euro trim. Both sides are brand new, acquired separately and both needed a few coats of SEM trim paint.

I think I’ll need another bottle soon to get all of this faded plastic back to looking like it’s supposed to. Each step is a nice improvement though. Can’t wait to have the trim for the rear too

Slowly becoming a respectable Sedan [emoji23][emoji8]
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

Had to move the car inside the garage and thought, yea I think the paints dry, so I installed it.

I’m pretty happy with it now. The tow hook is partially for protection from the bumpy parkers but also because I don’t have that little square cover haha

I don’t have euro trim for the rear or the center trim piece either, so I’m not in a rush to install the NA side trim pieces I have. Progress towards respectability
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

You just love black plastic bumpers, don't you? lol
                        My Garage
                        2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                        1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                        1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                        Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Originally posted by stonea View Post
                          You just love black plastic bumpers, don't you? lol
                          LOL

Its not that I love the black bumpers, I just hate color matching stuff, especially this random ass blue... Im saving my change to get the car completely painted back to the OEM cirrusblau next year as a graduation present for myself. Until then, it will be painting a bunch of stuff black. More trim, the lower rockers, etc
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

Ha, good to see that bumper cover going to use. I was about ready to throw it out, I'm pretty low on storage space...

Comment

Originally posted by earthwormjim View Post
                              Ha, good to see that bumper cover going to use. I was about ready to throw it out, I'm pretty low on storage space...

Yea I still need to wire up the front blinkers!... and there’s a hint of red still showing but this will suffice for sure until I can paint.

A little overdue but today at just a hair over 176k indicated I changed the oil. I wanted to try something different so j grabbed the Castrol High Mileage stuff in a 20/50. I still have a few more Mann filters from the group I bought last year haha

Also first look at what the magnetic drain plug grabbed. It’s a good thing I’m starting to plot the next engine build. Not terrible but there’s definitely some metal floating around. Let’s see if this continues on there next go-around

Simon
                              Current Cars:

Comment

furry

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Working...
                                X