2.8L M20 9.8:1 stroker build: my 323i reincarnated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Das Delfin View Post
    came across your thread. I recognize that car! This is what it looked like summer of 2016. I grew up a few miles down the road
    Holy shit! That's awesome, thanks for this. Man, the guy who owned it screwed it up quick...

It has a big dent on the passenger side now and there's a gap between the passenger grill and the fender. I'm suspecting it was another seperate collision besides the fender. It was also missing a bunch of trim. I'm going to get it all patched up though, better than ever. Hopefully I'm just really bad at aligning hoods cus it looks pretty good in your picture.
    '86 Burgundrot 325 2.8 stroker.

Build thread

Other cars:
    2000 Porsche Boxster
    2006 Subaru Outback XT 5MT
    1972 Porsche 914

Comment

Glad you could save it - and for only 200 bucks! You don't see original blue plate cars all that often

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Originally posted by AC_Schnitzel View Post
        I thought long tubes will give you better power/torque in the upper RPMs while shortys are better in the lower RPMs?
        no, long tube primaries will work better at low rpm. shorties probably are never properly in tune on a lowish rpm engine due to being too short.
        89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

I got an eBay / IE SS catback and a magnaflow, California approved dual in dual out catalytic converter. Welds are fairly shoddy on the eBay shit but its stainless and actually surprised me on quality for the price. I chose the IE exhaust to quiet it down seeing as the long tubes and future intake mods will be loud.

The plan is to put these guys in and y into the existing headers, smog it, and reconnect to the long tubes.

Build thread

Other cars:
          2000 Porsche Boxster
          1972 Porsche 914

Comment

I cant wait to see what this thing puts down!
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Grrr..

Hurr

My car's like, the Two-Face of E30's right now

Build thread

Other cars:
              2000 Porsche Boxster
              1972 Porsche 914

Comment

Damn. That pass side fender looks a bit mangled. I'll be in SJ during Christmas weekend, hopefully I will have a few mins to BS about cars E30s and life :rofl:

They live in deep Almaden, whereabouts are you?
                Simon
                Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                  Damn. That pass side fender looks a bit mangled. I'll be in SJ during Christmas weekend, hopefully I will have a few mins to BS about cars E30s and life :rofl:

They live in deep Almaden, whereabouts are you?
                  I might be there until Christmas Eve but I'll more than likely be out of town after. I'm right between Santa Clara University and Santana Row.

Would love to BS about cars with you, man :D

I have a new fender if need be but probably going to throw money at it until it's straight. I'm not too concerned, the damage is fairly minor at least compared to my old car.

Build thread

Other cars:
                  2000 Porsche Boxster
                  1972 Porsche 914

Comment

First time driving the car to work! Planning on going in for the smog check during lunch. Exhaust is installed and the thing is crazy quiet.

Build thread

Other cars:
                    2000 Porsche Boxster
                    1972 Porsche 914

Comment

Looks like we did a similar build. I also did a 9.8-1 2.8 stroker m20. ~7k miles later and going strong. It will be interesting to see what kind of power you put down, I know I'm happy with mine.

Comment

Originally posted by betz View Post
                        First time driving the car to work! Planning on going in for the smog check during lunch. Exhaust is installed and the thing is crazy quiet.

I’ve heard the IE exhaust was fairly quiet so this doesn’t surprise me. I almost bought the same one but wanted a little noise. Ended up with a Borla and I love the sound
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                          I’ve heard the IE exhaust was fairly quiet so this doesn’t surprise me. I almost bought the same one but wanted a little noise. Ended up with a Borla and I love the sound
                          Don't get me wrong... the exhaust is exactly what I was looking for haha. I can hear the motor itself much better now.. when it's tame, it sounds like a 325i, but when you get higher in the rev range it clearly isn't.

With the headers and an intake, it will give me all the right noises but none of the drone.

Soon after smog I think I'll be looking into dyno shops. I'm thinking it'll be neat to do before/after for the headers and an intake.

Build thread

Other cars:
                          2000 Porsche Boxster
                          1972 Porsche 914

Comment

Originally posted by betz View Post
                            Don't get me wrong... the exhaust is exactly what I was looking for haha. I can hear the motor itself much better now.. when it's tame, it sounds like a 325i, but when you get higher in the rev range it clearly isn't.

With the headers and an intake, it will give me all the right noises but none of the drone.

Soon after smog I think I'll be looking into dyno shops. I'm thinking it'll be neat to do before/after for the headers and an intake.
                            sound clip needed! :devil:

glad this thing is running smoothly. Very curious about headers and intake power numbers..if any
                            1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Emissions results. Looks like it's running stupidly lean. Passed everything except the NOx.

Gonna have my local shop tune the AFM Friday and I'll bring it back in for the retest. Should get me quite a bit more power too :D

Build thread

Other cars:
                              2000 Porsche Boxster
                              1972 Porsche 914

Comment

Can’t wait to see the dyno and what it takes to pass emissions. Good luck!
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X