X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• betz
    replied
    Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    Torsen 3.46 should be nice and help with mid range punch.

What kind of injectors.

Next time you see Bruce, shake your head at him from me
    I'll probably be shaking my head at him for something else even if I forget.

They're M50 green top 17.5 lb with the 4 point nozzles.

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by betz View Post
    Its Bruce. is pleb

Probably putting in a 3.46 Torsen from a Z3 3.0

Popped these bad boys in, a noticeable difference for sure. I swear it even sounds better. Tits.
    Torsen 3.46 should be nice and help with mid range punch.

What kind of injectors.

Next time you see Bruce, shake your head at him from me

Leave a comment:

• betz
    replied
    Popped these bad boys in, a noticable difference for sure. I swear it even sounds better. Tits.

Leave a comment:

• betz
    replied
    Why do people take videos that way... :hitler:

When is the 3.73 coming in?
    Its Bruce. is pleb

Probably putting in a 3.46 Torsen from a Z3 3.0.

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Took a short video of the car driving:

Why do people take videos that way... :hitler:

When is the 3.73 coming in?

Leave a comment:

• betz
    replied
    Good news! The rubbing noise is now fixed and everything is right with the world.

Took a short video of the car driving:

Car is currently on the stock 2.93 open "e" diff, freaking lol. Still pulls.

Also just got the new injectors in the mail. Very nice.

Leave a comment:

• betz
    replied
    Haha thanks. I didn't quite know how the burgundy/gold would work out but I think it definitely works. I can tell this thing has a ton of torque too, but I'm afraid to rev it all the way out because of this noise I can't seem to track down.

Was just looking at it more and my radiator fan pulley seems to be rubbing against my toothed crank wheel / vibration damper. I'm guessing that's not normal... Anyone have any ideas?

Leave a comment:

• lambo
    replied
    Damn this thing is hot

Leave a comment:

• betz
    replied
    What software are you running?
    Motronic 1.3. 173 DME. Sssquid tune

I'm thinking that noise is the radiator fan now, but idk

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    What software are you running?

Leave a comment:

• betz
    replied
    I've got a couple issues I'm trying to fix. First is that squeal on start up. For that, I'm fairly certain it's this starter not disengaging fast enough. The starter is pretty noisy in general, also. Looks like I'm going to be really good at changing starters pretty soon here.. this time around I'm going to go for a remanufactured one.

The second is, when I give it WOT, seems to be regardless of which rpm I go up to, I start to hear something that sounds like a belt intermittently rubbing. It goes away as soon as I give it a good rev even in neutral but also under load. This one is very consistent actually, so a very strange problem.

Leave a comment:

• wworm
    replied
    2.8L M20 9.8:1 stroker build: my 323i reincarnated

Great thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• betz
    replied
    Originally posted by wworm View Post
    Yeah I'd want coilovers to raise the car lol. Kind of contrary to popular opinion but lowering springs lower stuff too for the roads I encounter getting around here. Did you get the custom valved konis with the GC kit?

Leave a comment:

• wworm
    replied
    When I first got them I was pretty disappointed tbh. Seemed way too stiff, every bump in the road would make your ass pucker. Mountain roads weren't even fun if the roads weren't perfect. Then I got them adjusted, dampers set to match the springs and I absolutely love them. Completely night and day. Perfect for spirited driving and you don't have to ride in constant fear of shitily maintained roads. Notice my ride height is set pretty high for coils, it's what the shop had strongly recommended and I'm for sure glad I listened. Suspension travel is super important.

My friend has the IE3 with the bilsteins and IMO that shit is way too stiff and way too low for the street. They're progressive springs so its not going to be directly comparable to my linear springs. But I'm not a huge fan. Maybe his dampers are old, or maybe they could just use re-valving, though, I'm not entirely sure.
    Yeah I'd want coilovers to raise the car lol. Kind of contrary to popular opinion but lowering springs lower stuff too for the roads I encounter getting around here. Did you get the custom valved konis with the GC kit?

Leave a comment:

• betz
    replied
    Originally posted by wworm View Post
    How do you like those spring rates for street/spirited driving?
    When I first got them I was pretty disappointed tbh. Seemed way too stiff, every bump in the road would make your ass pucker. Mountain roads weren't even fun if the roads weren't perfect. Then I got them adjusted, dampers set to match the springs and I absolutely love them. Completely night and day. Perfect for spirited driving and you don't have to ride in constant fear of shitily maintained roads. Notice my ride height is set pretty high for coils, it's what the shop had strongly recommended and I'm for sure glad I listened. Suspension travel is super important.

My friend has the IE3 with the bilsteins and IMO that shit is way too stiff and way too low for the street. They're progressive springs so its not going to be directly comparable to my linear springs. But I'm not a huge fan. Maybe his dampers are old, or maybe they could just use re-valving, though, I'm not entirely sure.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X