• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will certainly be keeping an eye on it!
    sigpic

Comment

She's out in the wild, and she's wild!

The windshield guy broke my heart and my new windshield last Friday, so I'm having to await replacement #2 this coming Thursday.
      In the meantime - packing tape and send it!

I did a full front to back bolt check, then set out on Saturday to get a feel for the thing locally.
      Chassis wise, beside the brakes appearing to have a little bit of residual air, things are sweet. It drives beautifully.
      Drivetrain wise, the trans is smooth and feels great. As I have a 2 piece driveshaft (CD009 output position is too high for a single) I think I need to double check the condition of my support bearing.

Engine - Beast. After the initial test run I wired in a HKS Fuel Cut Defencer and made some boost adjustments.
      The car eats 1st, 2nd and 3rd, while every gear pulls like crazy. It spins to top of 3rd no problem.

Right now I'm only at 12psi, but will be playing with it more once I have an actual windshield.

A few more jobs and the interior will be going back in.

Comment

Congratulations! This is awesome! I really dig those wheels and the MT2 rear spoiler looks so good on AWII. I think I prefer the fog deletes over fogs.

Comment

Mounted the ECU Controller in the ash tray

Interior almost all back in

Waiting on cardinal red front floor mats though.
          With the comforts in, and the weather nice, we went for our very first drive for gas.

And just because everyone loves external wastegate noises, here is a 3rd-4th pull.
          Look at the giddy up in 3rd getting out of the intersection, yeeeehawwww

Waiting on some tiny bits before registering it and being 100% road legal - hopefully this week!
          Last edited by e30mclow; 06-07-2020, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Is that a chip in the new windshield you had installed?
            How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Originally posted by rzerob View Post
              Is that a chip in the new windshield you had installed?
              lol, nope. The guy stood me up for a 2nd time, so I threw the old one back in just to get ripping.
              Should be here today, he said, knowing full well that it likely won't.

Comment

This has got to be a great feeling. Congratulations! Turned out great!

Comment

Went ripping with my old Stage 3 S4

The e30 didn't miss a beat. Triple digits on the highway solid as a rock.
                  Added a voltmeter + charging point

Changed from a 17mm brake master to 19mm

This certainly made the pedal firmer, but you get used to it after the first drive.

I've bought some e46 inners as I believe I have non-grooved e36 units in the e46 rack right now.

I adjusted the wastegate duty cycle to get the thing to 18psi, which is just so much fun. Absolute rocket ship status.

The only setback was the new metal clutch pedal has deformed following a couple of 3rd gear clutch kicks:

I have that whipped out and will be straightening it and boxing off the backside to strengthen it up.
                  I'm also upgrading the clutch master pushrod as that'll then be the weak point.

Should be back up and going by next weekend.

1-2-3 Pull on 11-12psi
                  video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Last edited by e30mclow; 06-19-2020, 06:35 AM.

Comment

God those wheels are hot
                    sigpic

(clicky on piccy to get to thread)

Comment

Beefed up trans mount/cross brace

Beefed up pedal

I've since modified the pivot point for a linear stroke with the wilwood master cylinder.

The pushrod itself was the next weak point, as I had used the e30 item within the wilwood master. Given the clutch pressure, it was a little too much to ask of the little thing.

I made up this to replace it and to allow me to adjust the pedal position with respect to the brake pedal position.

While it is currently all out of the car, I've ordered a 0.5" master to replace this unit, as the pedal pressure is still a little heavy.
                      I'm hoping that by next weekend I should have it all resolved.

Comment

got all the beef. great work! those voltmeters are freaking awesome for the cost. i have one, but in red numbers. i love it.

Comment

For the meat lovers

No rubbing!!!?!?

Comment

​​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by e30mclow View Post
                              For the meat lovers

Ah, just what I ordered.

Also I love how those GTA wheels look.
                              Originally posted by priapism
                              My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                              Originally posted by shameson
                              Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Too cool sir! Any HP figures?

Comment

Working...
                                X