No announcement yet.

This build escalated quickly...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want updates! ;-) I am so excited to see so many S54 projects started or in progress!

Comment

Thanks 88M3racer! Best damn table in the business ;)

Okay okay R3Z3N, Ive been lazy and traveling... Ill get to it tonight! Its pretty funny how so many of us S54 guys are holding hands through to the finish.

Comment

Originally posted by masterofnone View Post
        Okay okay R3Z3N, Ive been lazy and traveling... Ill get to it tonight! Its pretty funny how so many of us S54 guys are holding hands through to the finish.
        suhcute

I wanna see this car IRL when it's running....
        1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Any updates?

Comment

Sorry, Ive been too focused/stressed to update, this stuff almost requires a media manager aha

Last Thursday night was pure frustration, the lowest low Ive hit with this project. New VAC oil pump made matters worse. Friday I was in the dumps because I really wanted to go to Monterey for Legends and Historics at Laguna Seca. After speaking with the machinist he sounded determined to help me get there, but it was time to pull the engine and check bearings/look for internal leaks. Woke up Saturday morning more determined than ever before. Had the engine out and almost completely stripped down to short block. And thats when I found the issue! The damn oil pickup was pressed against the bottom of the pan... my low oil pressures make sense now. Not sure if its from when ArcAsylum modified the pan, or some other cause but it had about 20 thou of compression on the pickup tube...

I got seals to button up the engine yesterday and had it back together by 1am. Today accessories go on and it goes back into the car. Wednesday, if not tonight, sub frame and other odd ends get thrown back on. Thursday shakedown/pack for Laguna. Friday Ill see some of you at Legends/Historics maybe! (Camping Friday-Sunday)

Eventually I will go back and update this thread, once Im not going from work straight to the garage that is.

Comment

Holy hell this thread delivers.
              91 318is M50 swapped
              05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

Darn, but I am glad you figured out the pressure problem! What was your resolution to giving the pickup more clearance?

Comment

I used a pipe cutter to give it a clean even cut with little to no metal particles. And we have pressures over 65psi people!!

Cleaned the car this morning and took it for a rip. Feels great to not be clenching while Im driving now aha Also these engines are quick, js

Comment

I am M-pressed. Lots of superb thing in that thread. Congratulation on the masterful work.
                    Lee
                    Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

I just saw the video of this posted elsewhere and realized I hadn't checked in on this in a long time. This turned out awesome, and sounds amazing.

Do you have any photos and details of your exhaust setup? Obviously the CSL box has a lot to do with the nice sound, but I'd like to see what you did on the exhaust. IMO the S54 usually doesn't have the greatest exhaust note but yours turned out very nicely. I just drove my S54 swapped 318is with open headers for the first time and needless to say I'll be starting on the exhaust fab work soon.

Also exhaust related, did you have any issues with the megan headers contacting the firewall? The cylinder 6 runner is similar to the euro headers and snakes back behind the head slightly. It's extremely close on my car and I think it's actually touching the black insulation. I'm considering swapping to a different header because of this.

Comment

Here is the video for everyone to see.

Man, I would love to get a beer with you and reminisce about the build. I feel your pain, and you went even further than me! It looks, and sounds soooo good, and the videography is great!!!

Comment

Well done! Fantastic video. Very inspirational.

Comment

Man Im sorry guys Im terrible at updating this thread!!! Im in the process of building a clientele to open a shop so after work and on weekends im always busy! I owe it to you guys, once I get these two cars out of my garage Ill sit down go back and relive the process.

Comment

Originally posted by R3Z3N View Post
                              Here is the video for everyone to see.

Man, I would love to get a beer with you and reminisce about the build. I feel your pain, and you went even further than me! It looks, and sounds soooo good, and the videography is great!!!
                              Absolutely man! If you are ever in the San Jose / Bay Area please let me know!

Comment

Been drooling pretty much from the beginning of the thread haha hey man that's a beautiful project done right!

how's it been treating you?

I'm also in the process of doing this swap and wanted to buy the same airbox as yours when its all done. Any chance you can upload a picture of where the dipstick ends up? I noticed the location is changed on the modified oil pan. Also how much engine oil capacity do you gain? seems like it hold more than stock.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X