• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0926.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	7201048
    Where do these go??? I pretty much know where everything else goes. After studying this guide it seems it does not show them. Is it possibly cause it use to be an automatic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Turns out the intake manifold from the original was the one with the plug ins that match the harness. The one I currently have on there has a injector rail. Should I remove the rail? Or switch the intake manifold? Or change the harness?

Comment

How did you end up with two sets of wires for the fuel injectors?

follow the ones that are already on the intake manifold, theres a connector that those all usually go to. they might not be connected to anything.
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
          How did you end up with two sets of wires for the fuel injectors?

follow the ones that are already on the intake manifold, theres a connector that those all usually go to. they might not be connected to anything.

I guess there is a difference between the old and late model motors my car is an 87 but for some reason the original motor and intake manifold has the old style with individual plugs. The motor I put in has the injector rail. I have the other intake manifold which has the plug ins. I’m wondering if I switch it out will it work?

Comment

what do you mean plug ins? pick a harness and use it. take the other one out. Id use the harness thats already hooked up to the car, ecu and all that jazz...

the wiring on the injectors right now, where do those wires run to?
            Simon
            Current Cars:

Comment

what do you mean plug ins? pick a harness and use it. take the other one out. Id use the harness thats already hooked up to the car, ecu and all that jazz...

The original motor that is no longer in the car has the bottom style. The motor in the car has the top. But the harness in the car goes to the bottom style.

Comment

Originally posted by Beamerboi View Post
                The original motor that is no longer in the car has the bottom style. The motor in the car has the top. But the harness in the car goes to the bottom style.

Comment

Comment

To the plastic fuel rail. The harness that’s in the car now does not match the injector style of the current motor. My question is do I take of the rail and plug in? Or change intake manifold if that is possible? If it fits? I’ll get pics when I’m home.

Comment

Im so confused... and I want to help you.

Help me help you...

If the setup ON THE CAR has the individual plugs for the injectors, but the setup ON THE MOTOR has the rail with all the connectors on it, remove that and connect the individual ones from the car... is there more to it?
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

Im so confused... and I want to help you.

Help me help you...

If the setup ON THE CAR has the individual plugs for the injectors, but the setup ON THE MOTOR has the rail with all the connectors on it, remove that and connect the individual ones from the car... is there more to it?

There is not. Just wondering if it works like computer wise. I just could not find anything on if that works or not. I was researching all night and stressing over this. Thank you so much! Your saying it works like that right?? I’m a noob man I’m really close to getting this going so I want to make sure I do it right!

Comment

Injectors do whatever you tell them to do, if the harness has individual plugs, put the rail with individual plugs in. Motor will listen to whatever the computer says, it will work. If it doesn’t time to troubleshoot other issues

Comment

Originally posted by Jokester View Post
                            Injectors do whatever you tell them to do, if the harness has individual plugs, put the rail with individual plugs in. Motor will listen to whatever the computer says, it will work. If it doesn’t time to troubleshoot other issues

Ok thanks man I’m going to try that.

Comment

So I got a non op warning ticket this morning so apparently the city wants me to finish my build as much as I do. So today I ended up just swapping the intake manifold for the one that has the correct connections. I have to re unbolt it tomorrow tho because I forgot to put in the dumb black spring thing. Well I hope it works seems like it just might.

Comment

... I forgot to put in the dumb black spring thing. Well I hope it works seems like it just might....
                                Its called the bitch tube for a reason
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X