• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nando
    replied
    Originally posted by Andrew325is View Post
    Anyone want to go for a swim? :P

I guess I'll have to get in the trunk and have someone spray water on it to see where it's leaking in. I hope they let me out after haha.

man, it's been absolutely *pissing* rain in the PNW. I feel you...

My E30 has sadly been outside for the last 2 months (didn't want to put it under a cover in the garage until I had a chance to wash it first). Thankfully, it proved to be leak free (rather surprising honestly, as 90% of the rubber is completely original).

Other potentially leaky spots, that you may or may not be aware of: antenna grommet, tailight gaskets, trunk gasket, and the window sail grommets.

I'm religious about not parking under trees, so thankfully I've never had a problem with the drains, but I have replaced the other mentioned gaskets multiple times.

Oh yeah, not sure if it's still true - but the Napa reman calipers were actually one of the nicest ones I've had.

Leave a comment:

• Andrew325is
    replied
    Originally posted by e30austin View Post
    Make sure to unclog the factory vents, on each side of the rear valance, about four inches behind the rear tire, directly in the center of the tray. Looks almost like a "v", and they are usually packed full with dirt or factory undercoating.
    Okay thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Andrew325is
    replied
    Originally posted by nrubenstein View Post
    The one bad thing about centric rebuilds (I use them myself) is that they are completely uncoated. In other words, if you don’t want a rust colors caliper after the first time they get wet, you’ll need to paint or coat them.
    Hey, thanks for the tip!

Leave a comment:

• e30austin
    replied

I guess I'll have to get in the trunk and have someone spray water on it to see where it's leaking in. I hope they let me out after haha.

Make sure to unclog the factory vents, on each side of the rear valance, about four inches behind the rear tire, directly in the center of the tray. Looks almost like a "v", and they are usually packed full with dirt or factory undercoating.

Leave a comment:

• nrubenstein
    replied
    RockAuto
    The one bad thing about centric rebuilds (I use them myself) is that they are completely uncoated. In other words, if you don’t want a rust colors caliper after the first time they get wet, you’ll need to paint or coat them.

Leave a comment:

• Andrew325is
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Andrew325is
    replied
    Originally posted by ATL_E30 View Post
    Man those look clean, where did you snag them?
    RockAuto

Leave a comment:

• ATL_E30
    replied
    Man those look clean, where did you snag them?

Leave a comment:

• Andrew325is
    replied
    I'm starting to gather parts to renew the brakes. I got a pair of rebuilt front ATE calipers. The ones on there now are Girling. I read the ATE ones can use the brass bushings, but I've also read mixed reviews on those so maybe I'll just use the stock bushings. Since I have 15" wheels I've thought about getting a little bigger brakes too. I could get E30 M3 calipers for the rear and run the Z1 rotors, but then the bias might not be ideal without upgrading the fronts. The Z1 had regular E30 brakes on the front, but I'm not sure all the engineering/reasoning for that with the larger rear brakes. So I think I'll just keep the rear brakes stock, especially since regular E30 rotors are easy to come by and inexpensive. I think I might try the cryogenic rotors. I read they are less likely to warp and last longer. I'm a little undecided on the brake pads. I might try the new Centric PQ PRO pads. I haven't read any reviews for them yet though.

Leave a comment:

• Jokester
    replied
    Gorgeous.

Leave a comment:

• Andrew325is
    replied
    Here's a few photos I took. I installed the door cards.

Leave a comment:

• getouth
    replied
    sub'd quality content here! I dig it!

Leave a comment:

• Andrew325is
    replied
    Well they only had 1. They said their friend has one too, but they haven't got back to me on that. I would like 1 more. It would be nice to have 2 really straight ones up front. Can't stand feeling vibration in the steering wheel. :)

Leave a comment:

• rjsimeon
    replied
    Yeesh, didn't realize I was using military lingo. Point of Contact.

Leave a comment:

• Andrew325is
    replied
    Yeah, I noticed that too. This one isn't cool either. :hitler:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X