My (not so) Delphin 318i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wworm View Post

I’ve got a lathe in the basement that doesn’t work and I want to make something...

Edit: Realized that previous wording isn’t super clear lol. It just needs some fiddling to get working again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If you can send the files or convert any of these into an STL file I'd be interested in 3d printing them. I've got some wood filament that's begging to be used on the shelf.
    1990 325i Cashmere Beige

"I don't like question marks. They're like exclamation points, but think they're fancy because they're curved. I won't tolerate it." -MNChiefsan

Comment

Originally posted by Blake B View Post
      If you can send the files or convert any of these into an STL file I'd be interested in 3d printing them. I've got some wood filament that's begging to be used on the shelf.
      shoot me a PM and lets chat
      1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Blake B is printing some prototype knObs so that's exciting

Helped my friend change his oil pump gasket that we had made out of a cereal box a year ago. Lasted 10k miles!
        But then his trans went out so we pulled that:

It's a huge job on a range rover classic and requires drilling out all the rivets that hold the plate that holds the shifter in place.

I also did a thing with the e30:

New fan and fan clutch, came with the car when I bought it but there hadn't been any cooling issues until recently. The needle was just creeping past the center mark on my water temp gauge when I would sit at a stop light for a while. This replacement seems to have stopped that from happening.

I also bought a water pump, thermostat and associated bits that I'll get to in another 2 months. The WP bearing sounds pretty angry so I should do it soon
        Last edited by wworm; 07-18-2019, 09:29 AM.
        1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Changed my oil and finally slapped a roof rack on. Unfortunately very late in the season but I’m stoked to finally start riding some trails after work again.

Running rotella 15w-40 this time around. Would have liked to try something slightly thicker at operating temps but that was all oriellys had in stock. So far things sound less ticky than before

Hoping to have some ~*nice aesthetic mods*~ done this weekend ;)

1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

I saw this the other day. I'd imagine you can respect the amount of work that's been put into it. I honestly thought they released a new version or something.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

quite the outfit on that defender, wow

but boy do I love me a defender truck. There's a guy in the nor cal land rover club with a tdi single cab defender truck that's just drool worthy.
              1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Originally posted by wworm View Post
                quite the outfit on that defender, wow

but boy do I love me a defender truck. There's a guy in the nor cal land rover club with a tdi single cab defender truck that's just drool worthy.
                I didn't know they could look so modern until I saw this one. I also didn't know they came in a truck version. Pretty cool to see just by chance. It makes me want to look into them and see what all the commotion is about.

Comment

Replaced my window seals with some much better condition used units I got from a user here. Considerable road noise decrease and they donÂ’t leak when I wash my car anymore. Now I just need to do the fronts and sunroof seal (leaks when I wash the car) and get/make a roof rack fairing I also installed some GTI recaros. SoOoo much comfier than the clapped out comfort seats I had. I went to buy some brackets from a user here but the box came to me with a bracket shaped hole in it - they had fallen out at some point and were MIA. So I looked at some pictures, took some measurements and made some Took this as an opportunity to clean until my tiny shop vac clogged. Oh well Good enough. I was able to use the stock seat belt mount/brace thing and hardware after I cut this chunk off both ends. Had to get a little creative with the spacer situation Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by wworm; 08-21-2019, 05:32 PM.
                  1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Those seats rule! I wish there existed a set of that style bucket/recaro in natur leather finish. Also, you should buy my shortened GCs.
                    1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
                    1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post
                      Those seats rule! I wish there existed a set of that style bucket/recaro in natur leather finish. Also, you should buy my shortened GCs.
                      Yeah I plan on reupholstering them sometime in the distant future, hopefully I'll be able to find something that matches my rear seats. Also, I've got some strut housings already but thanks! I only shortened them 1.5" as opposed to 2", so sliiiiightly worried about having enough suspension travel but I also don't plan on lowering the car that much, probably just being paranoid.
                      1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Saw this cool wagon in Portland, didnt realize there were two chicks in the car when I took this lol

Otherwise, nothing really new with the car. I moved last month which also gave me a full side yard driveway so *sicc mods** should happen with this car soon. Also moved shops, so back in bike frame building action too. Really looking forward to having some free time to get some work done.

Found a moped in the basement of the new house, got it running and might use it as a daily while the car is under the knife here and there. Need to get it registered so I can feel okay about putting a big bore kit on it lol. Moped parts are dangerously cheap

Last edited by wworm; 10-02-2019, 02:32 PM.
                        1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Working...
                        X