Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scabzzzz
    replied
    Is it not stupid slow with a 3.23 in it? Wheel bearing sounds likely. If it doesnt need it now, it will eventually.

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by scabzzzz View Post
    All of my E30s have had working AC (or I made it work). Hit the button and see what happens!? I wouldnt replace anything if its currently working with a freon top off. Dont break the seal unless you have to.
    Originally posted by e30RS View Post
    Plus one ice cold a/c!
    Forgot to try it on the way home yesterday, I will try it today (If I remember)

Originally posted by dasmanschaft012 View Post
    needs moar low
    cirrusly?! lol actually, I will likely spin the adjusters a little lower right before I take it in for the alignment. I will send you the first pics when I do it.

In other news, I installed a 3.23 that was removed from a 88-325is and not at all a stock part for that car. The tag was blank put had a "S" stamped into it. Im enjoying the new ratio so far, but I still have a noisy rear end noise. I hoped it was the old diff, but it doesnt appear to be so. Now Im thinking its a wheel bearing. There wasnt play in either of them so I was hoping for the best and justifying the diff change for the ratio alone. I need to figure out what its from...

Leave a comment:

• e30RS
    replied
    Plus one ice cold a/c!

Leave a comment:

• dasmanschaft012
    replied
    needs moar low

Leave a comment:

• scabzzzz
    replied
    Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    haha Im about to zip tie because its so annoying!

A/C was already converted to R134 several years ago. I havent used it yet, but PO told me that it needs another recharge. I already bought a brand new Nissens Condensor, I have a new drier, just a few more pieces and I expect to have ICE COLD A/C ... and I will need it soon.

Cold A/C in an E30 is such an awesome and strange thing. I highly recommend it if you havent experienced it yet
    All of my E30s have had working AC (or I made it work). Hit the button and see what happens!? I wouldnt replace anything if its currently working with a freon top off. Dont break the seal unless you have to.

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by scabzzzz View Post
    Lookin good, man! Now fix that chin spoiler :)

Does the AC work? Sorry if you mentioned alrteady.
    haha Im about to zip tie because its so annoying!

A/C was already converted to R134 several years ago. I havent used it yet, but PO told me that it needs another recharge. I already bought a brand new Nissens Condensor, I have a new drier, just a few more pieces and I expect to have ICE COLD A/C ... and I will need it soon.

Cold A/C in an E30 is such an awesome and strange thing. I highly recommend it if you havent experienced it yet

Leave a comment:

• scabzzzz
    replied
    Lookin good, man! Now fix that chin spoiler :)

Does the AC work? Sorry if you mentioned alrteady.

Leave a comment:

• wworm
    replied
    hell yeah

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Thanks guys, in a sea of weaves, the SSRs stand out and I have a personal attachment to them. They will be with me until they are no longer up to the task.

This morning was the first drive to work and it was wonderful. I adjusted the front Konis to nearly their softest setting, but not totally soft and its lovely. Even some of the crappy roads I deal with werent worse than the stock setup, in fact felt a little better because of the fresh hardware

PS for those wondering why gray primer on the upper part of the strut housings, thats weld-through primer for down the road when I have the M3 swaybar tabs welded on.

Leave a comment:

• mike.bmw
    replied
    Originally posted by amcp View Post
    Looking good man. SSRs look legit *ALWAYS* .
    Fixed that for you. ;D

Leave a comment:

• amcp
    replied
    Looking good man. SSRs look legit with the drop.

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied

Altitude Adjustment

As I subtly mentioned in the early posts, when I bought the car I already had my suspension pieces ready to go but there was some modifications that needed to be done to the strut housings. Struts are Koni Single Adjustables for the E30 so shortening the housings wasn’t in the cards.

I had a friend and local E30 enthusiast do the welding for me. Came out perfect

Assembled everything and compared the two once I got one side off. Even with regular strut caps still a nice amount of drop likely.

Once installed I took it out for a spin and absolutely love it. 440fr/600rr with the regular strut caps and the ride is great with wonderful stance. I haven’t adjusted the height yet and will likely twist me down a little more, but I will wait until it’s almost alignment time. I eyeballed my adjustments and it doesn’t pull in any direction right now so I’m really happy.

And now what you’ve been waiting for...

Leave a comment:

• e30RS
    replied
    Sarcasm noted and well placed! Good to know you have had cars that are not properly represented in the sale.

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by e30RS View Post
    Well played. How many e30's have you owned? I am pondering a build car. I will put it in the craigslist post if you could give me your perspective on it I would appreciate it. I would have a partner.
    Thank you for asking on MY thread instead of the COTM thread.... not being sarcastic.

I actually bumped all of the threads of my previous E30s lol

Since this car hasnt officially earned its spot on the list, the order for the previous 3 is easy:

#1 Aluminum Monster
    #2 Cirrusly Blue
    #3 just another ES

If this car plays out how I want, it should be able to challenge the Aluminum Monster for the top spot, mostly because Im learning from the mistakes I made on that car. The Cirrus car was the one I had planned to make that attempt with, but I think this is a better starting point. That car would still be mine if the budget hadnt been blown on the "surprises" ... as long as this one doesnt give me any surprises I plan to keep it for a long time

Leave a comment:

• e30RS
    replied
    Of course the listing is gone. Sorry disregard.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X