Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2mAn
    replied
    Been a year, but seeing as the first post was on 3/25 I figured I post an update on this one.

Looks like they took a detour and got the car painted but its stalled a bit since then... however fresh Cosmos paint looks great under the CA Sun!

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied

Nearly there!

Leave a comment:

• ForcedFirebird
    replied
    Cool! I wasn't sure John's build would end up here :)

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Been keeping in touch with the current owners and just got a nice pic which I feel belongs here... 2.8L is close to going in! I know they wrapped up the rear subframe install with Byron installing it along with dealing with a bunch of other "while you're in there" mods...

but this is the best thing to see next to it actually being INSIDE the car. Its basically going to be a full ForcedFirebird 2.8 package as I had this cylinderhead also. I might have to keep myself ready to buy this one back if they ever decide to sell it lol

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by Iloveboost View Post

good idea !
    Is filling the hole with urethane make a notice le difference ??
    thinking about doing it !
    It turns them into solid rubber bushings, much the same way that the M3 solid rubber control arm bushing is an upgrade over the regular control arm bushing.

Highly recommended

Leave a comment:

• Iloveboost
    replied
    Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    While perusing Jordan's amazing 318 resto thread I noticed he mentioned that he had some 3M Window Weld leftover and it reminded me of when I made my own "solid rubber" rear subframe mounts. Reached out to him and he got me some brand new OEM BMW Subframe Mounts and he filled them for me. Probably could've gotten cheaper subframe mounts, but the feeling on my old Zinno ES was truly amazing, so I cant wait to install these.

Hopefully I will have a prepped subframe soon. Ive collected enough parts lately and need to start installing some parts.

good idea !
    Is filling the hole with urethane make a notice le difference ??
    thinking about doing it !

Leave a comment:

• zwill23
    replied
    Ah man! Thinking you're out of the E30 game awhile?

Leave a comment:

• WestCoastEta
    replied
    Aww I'll miss seeing it!

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by mike.bmw View Post
    Congrats on the sale! What's next? :)
    Well... this was my daily driver so now Im daily driving my Datsun until further notice haha Its supposed to rain next week so I need to get a move on it!

Leave a comment:

• mike.bmw
    replied
    Congrats on the sale! What's next? :)

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike36 View Post

So who won "how fast will he sell this one?" pool?
    Mine go annually, not monthly! hahah

Leave a comment:

• Mike36
    replied
    Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    Well... this happened last night. Cars gone
    So who won "how fast will he sell this one?" pool?

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Well... this happened last night. Cars gone, along with the SSRs, the 5-speed swap, the engine build, etc Im excited for young Jake who gets an automatic ETA for his first car and is excited to build up the motor and finish up the project. The car isnt too far away from me in San Clemente and the family looks to be very excited and happy with their purchase. So Im happy

Leave a comment:

• luckybk
    replied
    what style of camber adjustment are you going for?

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Finally going to tackle one more piece that I knew needed love, but I cant do things the easy way...

easy as 1...1...2...2...3...3...

Basically, I knew the rear subframe bushings were toast. I previously showed you the solid rubber subframe bushings that were ready to go. Not being content with JUST doing that, I got my hands on a set of camber correcting trailing arm mounts, and got my hands on a spare subframe courtesy of Max. Delivered all the parts to Byron who will weld in the goodies, but not before I add one more piece to puzzle in the form of the reinforcements for the diff mount. Should be a nice and solid rear subframe when Im all done. The adjusters will allow me to go just a little bit lower, because you can never have enough low...

Hopefully in the next month-ish I can have this ready to go along with another fun update in the form of a +1 pedal, +1 liters of displacement and a +1 gear.

Theres one other little surprise that hopefully will also be ready in March.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X