X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sonny
    replied
    Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    No problem, just make sure you torque your wheels after....

BTW this job isnt an easy one for the DIY. I had help from a seasoned vet with the right tools and experience. Not one I would've tried on my own

Yes understood, we all put ourselves at risk if were not careful :) F.A.G bearing are they lifetime lasting compared to say Meyle?

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by Sonny View Post
    As always, thank you!
    No problem, just make sure you torque your wheels after....

BTW this job isnt an easy one for the DIY. I had help from a seasoned vet with the right tools and experience. Not one I would've tried on my own

Leave a comment:

• Sonny
    replied
    BMA Autoparts
    (818) 240- 1223

I called several places and their prices were the best on this. Bluntech was the next closest, but I went with the local company this time

As always, thank you!

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    BMA Autoparts
    (818) 240- 1223

I called several places and their prices were the best on this. Bluntech was the next closest, but I went with the local company this time

Leave a comment:

• Sonny
    replied
    Changed the rear wheel bearing today with Ian’s help. Or rather he changed the wheel bearing with my help, but who’s keeping score ? ...

Car is a million times quieter now, and I can focus my attention on the creature comforts. A/C parts still being collected and a 5-channel amp are the main things on the list.

Where the did you get the F.A.G? I can’t find them anywhere

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Changed the rear wheel bearing today with Ian’s help. Or rather he changed the wheel bearing with my help, but who’s keeping score ? ...

Car is a million times quieter now, and I can focus my attention on the creature comforts. A/C parts still being collected and a 5-channel amp are the main things on the list.

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by e30RS View Post
    Awesome update. Love that background photo.

Thanks, it wasn’t planned. Saw it while driving home and immediately detoured for a second and snapped a pic.

Got some minor things done today, mostly helping out my buddy with some work on the E30 he is refreshing, and decided to add some minor work on mine. The vent cowls were quite faded and since I already was painting some other stuff I added these to the mix.

But first, my buddy found a cassette that I’ll be listening to until I get my cantaloupe setup. For now, tape deck works great!

And here’s the work I actually did today

Leave a comment:

• e30RS
    replied
    Awesome update. Love that background photo.

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Saw a nice backdrop so I figured I’d take a quick stop and snap a pic...

Other small updates. Got my bent wheel fixed by TruWheel in North Hollywood and the guy commented on how these earlier SSRs were his favorite. He was happy to hear that I taking good care of these. After that I got the 4th Dunlop mounted, I went home and installed it. Was a pleasure to see this again

One last thing I did was a r3v member hit me up saying he had a free, spare set of diving boards from his 88, so I figured why not. My front was cracked so that was nice, unfortunately I only got the bumper shocks with the rear and not the front.

Cracked front bumper

Now, is the rear more tucked? You be the judge, but I think it is

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Wish I had the front bumper shocks too, but free is free.

Until next time....

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by s14brent View Post
    nice!! everytime i come back to the board you have a new one!!
    haha I really think this ones the keeper

Originally posted by dasmanschaft012 View Post
    let me know if you end up swapping that 3.23 back out...
    ugh I hope not!

I was hoping for a win-win situation with the Diff swap and it didnt pan out to that as I still have the noise in the back, which Im blaming on the driverside rear wheel bearing so thats planned for Friday

fingers crossed!

Leave a comment:

• dasmanschaft012
    replied
    let me know if you end up swapping that 3.23 back out...

Leave a comment:

• s14brent
    replied
    nice!! everytime i come back to the board you have a new one!!

Leave a comment:

• 325e '87
    replied
    My rear end noise, which i really thought was the diff, turned out to be wheel bearings. I had a consistent squeal that didn’t change when i applied straight line or lateral forces which made me think it was the diff. You know, wheel bearings usually complain with lateral forces. Anyway, i replace both rear wheel bearings and cv axles and my diff with 215k on it is remarkably quiet so my car is quiet again.

I’m sure you’ve messed with wheel bearings but i will warn you anyway, I’m pretty savvy in the shop and it took me 3 days and a lot of sore muscles. (Prob because I’m 49 and my back isn’t in great shape). It took me 2 days to finish one side and the other side took me a few hours, so it was a matter of getting the right process together.

Your car looks good and i think you nailed the ride height. But i like them higher than most of you.

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by scabzzzz View Post
    Is it not stupid slow with a 3.23 in it? Wheel bearing sounds likely. If it doesnt need it now, it will eventually.
    Im sure whoever put it in a 325is was hating it, but its an upgrade from the 2.93

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post
    Anything feels faster when they come with a 2.73 or 2.93. Can't remember what it actually is. How hard was it changing your diff? That's been something I have always wanted to do on mine.
    Changing the diff was fairly easy with 2 other people helping out. Also helps being a lower mileage CA car. Pretty much everything came out fairly easily. I sprayed WD40 on everything prior to removal. The top 4 holding the diff to the subframe were definitely the hardest ones to take off, but I used the doubled-up wrench method and with some grunt they came off. Installing the new diff wouldve been impossible without at least one other person helping.

All hand tools done in my garage, on the floor. Not the best scenario, but we were done within 5 hours of starting, and that was with an extended hour+ dinner and margaritas for the helpers lol

Leave a comment:

• Reichart12
    replied
    Anything feels faster when they come with a 2.73 or 2.93. Can't remember what it actually is. How hard was it changing your diff? That's been something I have always wanted to do on mine.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X