New guy's UK 325i
Collapse
X
-
Well it's been a looooong time since I posted over here, So I thought I'd throw up some more recent pictures of my car.
My current favourite photo of the car.

At Ace Cafe, A famous biker hangout in London.

And a couple of shots taken locally


Since the last time I posted the car has seen a few changes:
Smoked headlights, HID conversion, OEM airbox put back on, changed from the budget Khumo tyres to a set of sticky Dunlop SP9000 sports and finally it's had two exhausts!
The first was a Magnex system that I bought from a guy on the E30zone, Had it fitted and made it a total of 15 miles before I wanted to burn the car. It had a horrible rattle from the centre box where he had hit a speed bump.
So after I had calmed down, I got onto Scorpion about doing me a system but I wanted a tailpipe style that they didn't offer as standard. The guy I was dealing with was great, Had no problems with doing a one off :up:
The end result was I ended up with the style of trim that I wanted but with a slight twist. Normally the pipes are made from 1.5mm stainless, On my system they used 3mm stainless to give a more substantial look.
(Only pic I can find at the moment)
Leave a comment:
-
Cheers Drifty, Must say your car is really looking nice. Did you make a decision on what colour to do the schnitzers?Leave a comment:
-
Dude you and me both. I love washing my car and detailing it. Its therapeutic to me. Probably why I do it so much. I look forward to it. Sometimes I put on some music and have myself some beers while doing it. Its like your brain shuts off and relaxes for that time and youre in your own little world and you forget your problems. Your brain kinda works itself out. I dunno, maybe I took too many hard drugs. :) Either way nice job.
MarianoLeave a comment:
-
Thanks Mariano, I really enjoy spending the time doing it. I find it very relaxing as odd as it may sound.
My neighbours think I'm completely insane with the amount of time I'll spend doing little jobs :DLeave a comment:
-
hell yeah. You did it all without cutting corners. As that car deserves. Nice job!!!
MarianoLeave a comment:
-
Yeah the qtr has had paint at some point, as stated earlier in this thread. Worst bit is it's a bmw bodyshop repair! And I definately wouldn't say it's near immaculate. just a tidy 20 year old car. :D
Thanks for the kind comments.Leave a comment:
-
Right side rear 1/4 panel has had damage in the past?
The poor paint matching is the only thing keeping this from looking like an amazing/imaculate car!Leave a comment:
-
Absolutely stunning motor!
Nice work on it...............
I wish I would have taken advantage of living in England, and bought an E30 there.
Cheers!Leave a comment:
-
Good Lord thats hot.
Lol!Again I got funny looks from passers by due to me stroking the car :rofl:Leave a comment:
-
Today has been slightly expensive as I have paid my car insurance for another year (£436) so I thought as it was such a nice day, I'd give the old girl a damn good clean.
Started with the usual clean with chemical guys strong wash, wheel cleaner & meguiars wash mitt.
Then after it wash dried, I set about masking the black trim and window rubbers that are next to a panel to prevent polish getting on them.



My neighbours now think I'm crazy!
Then I clayed the lower half of the car using Sonus green clay & Meguiars quik detailer, After that I used Meguiars step 1 paint cleaner to sort the swirls.


To finish off, I gave the car a coat of Chemical guys Factory Sealant. This leaves a great shine and the panels feel so smooth. Again I got funny looks from passers by due to me stroking the car :rofl:


Then after a few other little touches, I took a drive down to my usual photo location.





She's now tucked away in the garage away from bird poo and the local scum!

Sorry for waffling on, Hope you like the pics.Leave a comment:
-
Yeah ive noticed R3V has gotten a LOT more kissy-assy or the true word would be tolerant over the past months. Im not saying its a bad thing at all. Im probably the worst offender. I just dont post when I dont like something, unless its absolutely hideous.
MarianoLeave a comment:
-
Wow, Hell of a response! I was expecting to get flamed for deviating from the usual deep dish wheels ect. Thanks for all the replies.
Btw the front bumper is the same as the rest of the car, Think it must be the angles? Rear qtr is a lighter shade though due to a bad bmw repair years ago! :roll:Leave a comment:

Leave a comment: