I need inspiration

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • uofom3
    replied
    Originally posted by Digitalwave
    It's a bug, and it sure does have graphics (tears on both sides).
    victory..

    and i completely agree with you on the RK's

    Leave a comment:


  • M42Technik
    replied
    Originally posted by Digitalwave
    It's a bug, and it sure does have graphics (tears on both sides).
    Looked like a neon

    Oh and tears = T_T

    Leave a comment:


  • Digitalwave
    replied
    It's a bug, and it sure does have graphics (tears on both sides).

    Leave a comment:


  • uofom3
    replied
    or maybe that's not a bug... its my birthday and i'vebeendrinking

    Leave a comment:


  • uofom3
    replied
    does that bug in the paint reflection have graphics on the side tj?

    Leave a comment:


  • Digitalwave
    replied
    Here's some inspiration... :0 Just kidding, but my car has RK's. I hate them on E30's but I've been digging them on an E36. Smoked top tails look good on blue. Don't get black rims, unless they have a polished lip.

    Leave a comment:


  • bmwm3n528
    replied
    Originally posted by Mtriple
    Thanks guys, they were actually Kinesis Supercups. Timeless look in my opinion...

    Interesting.

    Speedline made a wheel that looks very similar...



    A shot of them on a buddy's old E46...



    Regardless, they're gorgeous.

    Leave a comment:


  • lucky7
    replied
    i personally would put the amber corners back on. i dont like clears. get a set of CCW classics to go on it.

    Leave a comment:


  • uofom3
    replied
    Originally posted by Il Duce
    um... happy birfday ted!!!

    thanks bro!

    Leave a comment:


  • DanGillan
    replied
    never been a fan of rk's. look into rc's. rc's on e36 m3's is fucking classic. but yes, looks like youre definitely on the right track, that spoiler is killing that car though, temporarily i'd just remove it and plug the holes.

    Leave a comment:


  • Il Duce
    replied
    um... happy birfday ted!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • uofom3
    replied
    these wheels helped the inspiration - then I later saw them in black.

    Leave a comment:


  • uofom3
    replied
    Good thoughts fella's.

    A little info based on what has been said:

    Wing is from one of the P/o's - i really don't like it. I'd like either an OEM rear or an e46 m3 lip. Unfortunately, this thing now has holes in it and I don't know if the factory spoiler will mount into said holes or if it would cover them up. If someone has an e36 spoiler that they could measure the distance between the bolts on for me that would be wonderful.

    The wheels are 17 in. I have the 17in. factory 95 wheels that say "motorsport" on them in the garage. they are not the LWT wheels, however. I really do personally like a bbs (or bbs type) wheel pattern - i'm just really not diggin the spokes. One of the reasons why they don't look right is because the rear tires are 45+ aspect. I was out of town for a period of time and the weather was getting very shitty and i was going to be taking the car out of town on a huge road trip asap when i got home, so my dad took it to schwab's and had the wrong tires put on. Fortunately, they are not shot in the rear (:)) so that will be changed soon. I have considdered a set of bbs RK's as the pattern i slightly more open, and then painting them a matte black.

    I have a set of eibach race springs sitting in my garage that are brand new that I have just never had installed. I have seen this setup on several other cars and I was very pleased with how low it took it. I'm really not looking to get nasty as far as optimum performance on this car handling wise - i just want it to look good. my e30's have proper suspension dynamics, and they are the ones that i truly care about.

    I completely agree about OEM clear rears. both the front and the side are OEM.

    The exhaust is pretty much shot at this point. It's done 100k and half of that was by a fairly old driver who didn't really ever "warm it up". When you first start the car in the morning, you cannot feel ANY exhaust flow from the tips out the rear. I can only imagine how much HP would be gained from a set of straight pipes/free flow muffler (at least from the butt dyno perspective). So I also agree on changing that system, stat.

    So with all of this said, i've also been considdering the following option;
    -Black out the grills
    -black wheels
    -slam
    -velocity lip
    -new headlights
    -clear rears
    -sort out the rear wing situation as time and finances allow; and i do understand that this should be a priority

    thoughts?

    Leave a comment:


  • Mtriple
    replied
    Thanks guys, they were actually Kinesis Supercups. Timeless look in my opinion...

    Leave a comment:


  • bmwm3n528
    replied
    Always enjoyed your Speedlines on that car, looked totally at home.

    Yeah, I forgot to mention...ZKW/Bosch European lamps up front are a must on these cars, aesthetically and obviously a nice upgrade in performance.

    Here's a few of my father's previous Dakar, mostly stock.









    Factory wing car, 3rd brake light delete.

    Leave a comment:

Working...