No announcement yet.

Picked up my new daily driver today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a brand-new Xterra XE-V6 in 2003. Dumped it six months later for a GTI 1.8T.

What a POS, that Xterra. They totally changed in '05 though.

Nice, the 6-speed OR is the one to get.

Comment

Originally posted by MR 325 View Post
      R3V will dominate.
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

That's a lot of popcorn.

Comment

About 14 years' worth
          Simon
          Current Cars:

Comment

The only xterra thread on R3V just got bumped. Ironically, I just bought an '11 6sp Pro-4x.

Untitled by Bobbie Morrone, on Flickr
            1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
            1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post
              The only xterra thread on R3V just got bumped. Ironically, I just bought an '11 6sp Pro-4x.

Untitled by Bobbie Morrone, on Flickr
              As neat as the MT Xterra is, it's Pathfinder cousin from the same time frame is such a better driving experience and I simply do not know why considering how they should be pretty much the same.

Comment

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post
                If it’s getting mods it better have a thread. You owe us this because of the Lezbaru
                Simon
                Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

As neat as the MT Xterra is, it's Pathfinder cousin from the same time frame is such a better driving experience and I simply do not know why considering how they should be pretty much the same.
                  IIRC the Pathfinder has a longer wheelbase and rear IRS which probably helps it out a ton for comfort. I actually haven't driven a Pathfinder so I can't comment on the difference, but I'm sure the Xterra is less comfortable. I have put off buying a new daily for at least 3 years because there weren't any good 4wd/manual options that can tow and get over 20mpgs. Once I found out they made a high Xterra trim in 6sp I was all in! Ugly as sin, but incredibly functional for my needs. Sometimes you just have to make that sacrifice with looks when the rest of the package fits the bill lol.

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

If it’s getting mods it better have a thread. You owe us this because of the Lezbaru
                  I never thought about making a daily thread......until now. I have to do an engine in lezbaru soon- perhaps I'll post up my pre-sale refresh! And the Xterra got a bunch of preventative maintenance that may be fun to read through.
                  1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
                  1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Working...
                  X