Lip mounted, snapped some pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lip mounted, snapped some pics

I've been puttering around R3V for a while now and with my car in good condition, I present some pics!

I got this car back in October of '05. I was a 15 year old sophomore at the time and I got this car for FREE from a very close family friend at around 98K. The car belonged to one owner prior to myself, an older Asian woman who drove it to church here in CT. The car is in great condition inside and outside and the car is mechanically sound.

Last November I was backed into by some asshole truck at a Best Buy parking lot. His trailer hitch ruined my bumper and hood so I had to buy new ones out of my own pocket. The damn Best Buy didn't have a camera and the old man and associate that witnessed it never got the truck's plate number. Sometime in the near future I hope to refresh its suspension and give it some new wheels.

BEFORE: With damaged bumper, grill, and lipped in hood. Luckily nothing else was damaged.
    Initial Damage:

Woo. Electrical FTW!

New grill, pulled primed hood (still in crappy condition), and ghetto fabulous electric tape still.

PRESENTLY: New repainted hood and new repainted grills, bumper, trim, and official Rieger lip.

Check out the timestamp, I turned 100K just a few months back! :p

SC*AR (Schwarz Army)
    No longer stock ride height, rolling as low as a daily driver in New England should without worrying about breaking an oil pan. :up:

Probably look better with upgraded wheels and lowering.

Comment

Josh, I've been looking around for different types. I've read that "official wheel thread" many times and I don't understand how different size combinations and stuff works. To be frank, I feel like a noob. I want to pick up some nice borbets, basketweaves, or maybe a set of sportmax 501's before November.

If anyone knows of anything that's direct fit besides Rota's, Remembers, and Kosei's...let me know.

SC*AR (Schwarz Army)
      No longer stock ride height, rolling as low as a daily driver in New England should without worrying about breaking an oil pan. :up:

Comment

My Borbets are for sale right now, with 8mm spacers to get the offset just short of perfect, puts them at ET27.

Comment

that lip doesnt look like it fits well...

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
          @Zakspeed_US

Comment

I want to pick up some nice borbets, basketweaves, or maybe a set of sportmax...
            Sportmax = FAIL. Have some dignity and get some good wheels.

The car looks really good though!!
            '88 528e /// '88 M5 /// '89 951 /// '98 E430 /// '02 M5

Comment

Is that a eurostyle rieger lip?

1992 BMW 325iC
              1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
              1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Good start .

But was there an earthquake when you were taking pics ?

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

^+1 Clear pics please. You definately hit the jackpot, cept for the asshole who did the front in.
                  Originally posted by csermonet47
                  Vlad, you are handling this quite unprofessionally.

Also, you are a cock with tacky taste.

That is all.

Comment

Originally posted by euroshark View Post

The car looks really good though!!

Comment

Yeah no earthquakes or alcohol abuse. I just suck at taking pictures. I'll get some clear pictures up later.

Originally posted by JasonC View Post
                      Is that a eurostyle rieger lip?
                      That's a real Rieger lip I had ordered from a distributor that happens to be in my town. The fitment is a bit off, which I'm a little upset by. The lip is flush with the wheel wells on both sides but for some reason it bends outward towards the middle of the lip itself by a few millimeters, but enough to be annoying.

SC*AR (Schwarz Army)

Comment

I'd recommend dropping it like it's hot before you throw some wheels on it. You'll thank me later...

Comment

Nice work getting it fixed. Most of the cars around here just get banged up and stay that way. Oh wait, I need to go paint my hood.. :D

Good start on the car, keep taking care of it.

"Modern cars may be able to outgun it, but few can match its character, its motorsport spirit, and the way it plasters a huge grin on your face at any speed." - Patrick George

1988 M3 - Track Rat
                          1989 325iC M50 Vert
                          1989 325i Coupe
                          1991 318is
                          1995 318ti Club Sport
                          2006 330i e90
                          2008 Tundra Crewmax

Comment

Originally posted by euroshark View Post
                            lol, +1
                            Originally posted by blunt
                            i would jerk larry king off while tonging jflips ass if h0lmes would blow his head off

Comment

I know most newer cameras will automatically make u a better photographer. i bet ur current camera has a slow processor mated to a slow memory card. unless of course, they were cell phone pics, then its somewhat understandable.

nice work on the repair though, really impressive!
                              Claus Luthe is my hero.

Comment

Working...
                              X