X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M-technik-3
    Originally posted by cramer
    looking good, I dig the chrome on white :up:

For the eurobumpers, is there a gasket/seal that goes between the bumper top and body? That would solve your gap issue.
    No seal or gasket. But if you were creative enough you could make one.
    he could possibly use the one from the M3 bumper, it's all the same shape around the front of the valance.
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

every time i read the title of this thread i always think of goldmemeber saying "i love goooooooolllllddddd!!!!"

and i always end up substituting chrome in for gold.
      98 M3/4/5

Comment

Originally posted by mikeedler
        it makes me laugh every time I read someone post something about a "real" euro car. its all the same shit, except some ugly bumpers on the older models. its not like a euro car is any better, probably just more beat down from running WOT on the autobahn the last 10 years or so. I wish I could find a good U.S. body over here, it would probably be alot tighter and have a whole lot less rattles in it. and 1 question, why does everyone have such a hard on over "euro grills"? please---it just goes around your headlights, its not going to make your car look or go anyfaster. but I do give you props once again, your car looks really nice. you just need to loose the island license plate and get a german one, if you want one, I have quite a few in my garage.
        hehe, when you see pics of the real euro spec cars, that came factory with this stuff, u want all of it, no matter how big, nor small.

I plan on getting a custom euro plate that says Mtech1 on it eventually

Comment

great lookin car. Rims look really good :mrgreen:

Comment

Originally posted by mikeedler
            it makes me laugh every time I read someone post something about a "real" euro car. its all the same shit, except some ugly bumpers on the older models. its not like a euro car is any better, probably just more beat down from running WOT on the autobahn the last 10 years or so. I wish I could find a good U.S. body over here, it would probably be alot tighter and have a whole lot less rattles in it. and 1 question, why does everyone have such a hard on over "euro grills"? please---it just goes around your headlights, its not going to make your car look or go anyfaster. but I do give you props once again, your car looks really nice. you just need to loose the island license plate and get a german one, if you want one, I have quite a few in my garage.
            You should send me one of those German plates. ;)

"See, we're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired."

Comment

i like how mikeedler rags on going euro on everything but then mentions the plate. :?

Its the grass is always greener mike....
              Im now E30less.
              sigpic

Comment

puting a german plate on your car is not going euro in no means. I was talking about dumb things like "euro" grills! I agree that the euro bumpers are much better looking, I just really dont understand the whole wanting to have a" euro spec" car thing. Its all the same performance wise. hell, for the most part most of the"euro E30s here are stripped down 316s that have no options at all. not cool by any means. I have been collecting parts for years to try to get some of the nicer options that didnt come on most of them here. I totally agree with putting some of the origional mtech parts or real tuner parts, just dont understand the other things, and that you would spend money on it.

Comment

maybe some of us find euro grilles more attractive, plus it's a cheap subtle mod that anyone can afford. :idea:

look at german tuning.. things like US sidemarkers are popular over there. don't ask me why!
                  Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

look at german tuning.. things like US sidemarkers are popular over there. don't ask me why!
                    its probably a sefety thing. thats why they are there. DOT has harder standards than they have here. putting euro grills on a car is a mod? ;) [/quote]

Comment

I seriously doubt anyone in germany is spending money on US sidemarkers for added safety.. that'd be like pre-90 owners adding airbags :roll:

if spray painting your kidneys is a mod, then adding euro grilles is a mod..
                      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Modify just means 'change'. Thus adding european grilles or painting the kidney would be considered an aesthetic 'mod'.

I think the european grilles clean up the front a lot; I think they look much better than the US ones.
                        Originally posted by Gruelius
                        and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Although I will admit that they are purely personal and asthetic (but so is a plate, its the same thing) but its something cheap and easy and I notice it every day.

I am not sure what to blame since i did the Euro grilles and valance at the same time but my AC works noticably better now. :? Still sucks though. :(

James do you have a euro valance on the way to support the Mtec1?
                          Im now E30less.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by James Crivellone
                            Oddly enough I saw a beat to hell euro bumper equipped car today on I-90 heading toward I5
                            Bluish grey (not Delphin)? If so, I think I've seen the same car on Queen Anne.

Your car looks very nice with the Euro bumpers. Makes me think twice about keeping the US-spec front spoiler.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Stewart
                              Although I will admit that they are purely personal and asthetic (but so is a plate, its the same thing) but its something cheap and easy and I notice it every day.

I am not sure what to blame since i did the Euro grilles and valance at the same time but my AC works noticably better now. :? Still sucks though. :(

James do you have a euro valance on the way to support the Mtec1?
                              yeah I have the euro valence, although I noticed an issue with installation, if I remove my US stock front valence, I loose that little lip above the bumper and below the grills (u know that small strip of metal)

my euro valence does not have that part, am i missing something? neither piece looks damaged/modified

Comment

Originally posted by Numbersix
                                Originally posted by James Crivellone
                                Oddly enough I saw a beat to hell euro bumper equipped car today on I-90 heading toward I5
                                Bluish grey (not Delphin)? If so, I think I've seen the same car on Queen Anne.

Your car looks very nice with the Euro bumpers. Makes me think twice about keeping the US-spec front spoiler.

yep bluish grey

Comment

Working...
                                X