No announcement yet.

325IX wagon just got it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm in complete agreement J, I'm not saying that I PERSONALLY think titling the wagon in the states is WRONG but why take the risk of getting caught in an accident or by an inspector and dealing with all that for a 19 yr old WAGON??? for 10000????
    I've done business with GMW as well and it was a good experience but he should asked for a more reasonable price
    like $1k
    I don't think your mom appreciates the value of those modifications

Comment

Originally posted by delatlanta1281 View Post
      Let's not turn it into a practicality issue. There are plenty of legal wagons here that are just as practical. I agree with the practicality of the car, but not in a us application. For all the heartache and time invested into bringing one of these in, you gould buy a 240 wagon, a benz wagon, an old suby wagon, and many more for the same cash and less effort.

On that note Matt, I would say most of the people who want to bring these into the country aren't planning on selling them. If I had one or had the chance I would swap all the stuff on my IS over and sell that car.
      No I wouldn't spend a nickel on a MB nor a Subbie. I would rather have an older VW transporter with a Subbie engine.

But for a small rwd car that offer practical and sports what other car is out there? 740iT market is drying up rapidly. IPD doesn't offer that much these days for them.

In a few years there will be more than adqueate supply of these here for short money. I suggest selling it to Canada where its legal or part it out as ferrous oxide is eating that car. Shame as a late model it must have lived in a salty climate. Most late models don't rust like this.

I would prefer not to have a iX but for living in the snow areas it would be helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by redbull 325is View Post
        please stop this grafting nonsense right now. it's the most useless idea i've ever heard. the entire chassis/rear en on a touring is different to allow the same rigidity as a sedan without the rear crossmember behind the seats. it would be like choping the roof on a sedan and calling it a cabrio.
        anyone who would remove a structual part of a vehicle and not create a suitable structural support in its place is not going to have the knowledge or ability to graft. There are companys who sloley turn sedans and suvs in to verts. I'm sure it would be easier to cut the entire rear end off and weld it on to a sedan then to make an e30 pickup. Just take it to TJ. They specialize in welding two car halves together 8)

Last edited by einstein57; 11-28-2007, 07:26 PM.
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
        My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
          anyone who would remove a structual part of a vehicle and not create a suitable structural support in its place is not going to have the knowledge or ability to graft. There are companys who sloley turn sedans and suvs in to verts. I'm sure it would be easier to cut the entire rear end off and weld it on to a sedan then to make an e30 pickup. Just take it to TJ. They specialize in welding two car halves together 8)

I completely agree, but I was comming from the fact that I doubt any R3ver (Vlad excluded) will have the know-how nor the funds to ever get it done correctly within reason.

Julien
          Build Threads:
          Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

I totally agree most people would try to half ass it in there garage. But i come from an automotive family, BMW techs, porches body shops, hot rod and dune buggy builders etc and would be able complete everything including parts and repaint for about 10 grand but after doing some photoshop work i don't like the proportions of the rear glass section. I think it would be more advantageous for me to make my gti rear wheel drive 1.8t since its only about 2100 lbs. And with a KO5 turbo it would be a monster and cost about the same price.
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
            My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Working...
            X