My new ride! Hennarot '84 325e coupe

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • e30_lover_CT
    replied
    a few new pics

    Just got her detailed :)
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • e30_lover_CT
    replied
    Originally posted by golde30
    m20b25 rambunctuos?? hehe, dont ever buy a 318is, that motor is super buzzzy and rev-happy.
    hahahaha, yeah... or a Honda S2000. Don't those have something ridiculous like a 9,000 RPM redline? My god... that's like, leafblower meets hairdryer meets siren

    Leave a comment:


  • golde30
    replied
    m20b25 rambunctuos?? hehe, dont ever buy a 318is, that motor is super buzzzy and rev-happy.

    Leave a comment:


  • So Live
    replied
    Haha yeah oxford is it. Woodbridge is semi close.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30_lover_CT
    replied
    Originally posted by So Live
    Damn dude, what a find!!!! im so jelous of the color combo. Friggen gorgeous dude

    I have a set of bottle caps im not going to use ever and im semi local. Im probably about an hour from hartford and itd be cool to check out your car!

    Welcome to the forum and im guessing if your like me, by the time your "done" youll be depressed how much time and money you spend on your little e30. :)
    just looked up your zip... Oxford? I bought my car in Woodbridge

    Leave a comment:


  • e30_lover_CT
    replied
    those would be hot... it would also look pretty nice with blacked-out chrome trim/mouldings and a subtle tint on the windows.

    Leave a comment:


  • GoKart
    replied
    Your car is lovely. All she needs is Euro bumpers.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30_lover_CT
    replied
    haha... well yeah, duh... the only mods I did were the spring/shocks/shock mounts/control arm bushings. everything else was something stock that was broken or excessively worn.

    the fact that it's an eta doesn't bother me at all, to be honest. it kinda drove me nuts having the high whine of the m20b25 in my '90 all the time... it sounded frantic. I know it's the sound of performance and yeah, the car was a ton of fun to drive, but the eta just sounds a lot calmer and fits my budget for gas a lot more.

    i think of it as, the eta's the seasoned pro and the 325i was the rambunctious kid. I guess I outgrew the 325i. would I get another one someday as a toy, though? Hell yeah....or an '88m5.... or a shark M6... haha
    Last edited by e30_lover_CT; 02-05-2008, 12:04 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • SchnellerVert
    replied
    That's alot of money you have sank into it. And it's still an e. Might want to resist urge to mod for a few months to recover funds.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30_lover_CT
    replied
    Originally posted by GoKart
    I bet it drives awesome w/ all the new stuff on it though.
    Once I get my rear new pads and rotors on (so the car's brake sensor stops SCREECHING at me everytime I do more than a grandma-style stop..) it will feel better, but yeah... the new stuff has really made a substantial improvement in ride quality.

    Leave a comment:


  • GoKart
    replied
    I bet it drives awesome w/ all the new stuff on it though.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30_lover_CT
    replied
    Originally posted by So Live
    Damn dude, what a find!!!! im so jelous of the color combo. Friggen gorgeous dude

    I have a set of bottle caps im not going to use ever and im semi local. Im probably about an hour from hartford and itd be cool to check out your car!

    Welcome to the forum and im guessing if your like me, by the time your "done" youll be depressed how much time and money you spend on your little e30. :)
    haha... I'm depressed already. My new little toy/daily driver has cost me $3700 in repairs in the past month. But...I mean, it also needed a lot of maintenance that was ignored for years. I looked through records that came with the car last night and saw that mechanics had told the previous owner about the blown guibo and control arms as early as 1999, when the car had 150K miles... and now, here we are, 9 years and 40K miles later and the car FINALLY has been fixed.

    I suppose I should feel righteous :mrgreen:

    Leave a comment:


  • SchnellerVert
    replied
    Originally posted by So Live
    Welcome to the forum and im guessing if your like me, by the time your "done" youll be depressed how much time and money you spend on your little e30. :)
    Why are you depressed? Just drive it enjoy it for the next 5-7 years and sell it then.

    M50 with E30 is an almost maintance free car except for the basic things. Fluid and filter changes.

    Leave a comment:


  • So Live
    replied
    Damn dude, what a find!!!! im so jelous of the color combo. Friggen gorgeous dude

    I have a set of bottle caps im not going to use ever and im semi local. Im probably about an hour from hartford and itd be cool to check out your car!

    Welcome to the forum and im guessing if your like me, by the time your "done" youll be depressed how much time and money you spend on your little e30. :)

    Leave a comment:


  • e30_lover_CT
    replied
    some fresh pics after a wash...





    sometime in the future I need to get a new front air dam...it's all warped...






    Leave a comment:

Working...