My new ride! Hennarot '84 325e coupe

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • e30_lover_CT
    replied
    Updated in the past two weeks, for those who care...
    • new remanufactured driveshaft from Portland Driveline with serviceable u-joints
    • center support bearing
    • guibo (LOL...if you saw my old one you'd laugh SO hard...)
    • tranny mounts
    • Treehouse Racing control arm bushings
    • Lemforder control arms
    • H&R Sport springs
    • Bilstein Sport struts/shocks
    • new stock front strut bearings
    • Aluminum heavy-duty rear shock mounts (with replaceable cores)
    • Falken ZE-912 tires
    • alignment to M3 specifications
    • brake light switch
    • Alpine CDA-9883 head unit with hardwire input for iPod
    • 4 new Alpine SPS-13C2 5-1/4" 2-way speakers
    So far I really like the ride, although it's fairly harsh...but certainly an improvement over my completely blown front struts and tired springs from before. The car totally corners on a dime... it's fun being able to take a corner sharper than I normally would at a faster speed than I usually would. The tires are grippy and quiet on the highway and the car feels really stable at high speeds.

    The new tires, suspension, driveline components, and tranny mounts make the car feel basically like it's new...no vibrations - I'm very pleased. And the tunes from the Alpine and speakers is favorable... get a little bit of bass reverb from the speakers so I'll probably get a sub eventually, but for now it's way better than stock.
    Last edited by e30_lover_CT; 01-29-2008, 07:14 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30_lover_CT
    replied
    Annnnd so of course, no job is a small job. I pulled the exhaust off my car on Sat night to change the guibo and in the process, discovered that my CSB and tranny mounts are all shot. I'm gonna bet mucho dinero that my universal joints are seized... the CSB is torn completely apart!

    Called Portland Driveline and ordered a remanufactured driveshaft with serviceable u-joints for $408 with a $75 core charge...not bad. Seemed like nice guys over the phone.

    Car's in the shop now...I figure while it's in I'll have them throw on my new Treehouse CAB's, control arms, Bilstein Sports, H&R's, and have them align the car to M3 spec.

    ...the joys of owning a 24 yr old car.
    Last edited by e30_lover_CT; 01-21-2008, 10:44 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30_lover_CT
    replied
    Originally posted by mooseoftoose
    Nice nice. Hope to see you at some (fairly) local meets this year once I get back in a bimmer.
    Coolbeans...definitely

    Leave a comment:


  • ANDRÜ
    replied
    Nice nice. Hope to see you at some (fairly) local meets this year once I get back in a bimmer.

    Leave a comment:


  • mtechnik
    replied
    Welcome. Solid car. Can't wait to see it when it gets the full detailing treatment.

    Ow yeah,, you gotta put the headrests to lean forward. :D

    Leave a comment:


  • Stu Mc
    replied
    Originally posted by Axxe
    The things I'd do with that car....

    Leave a comment:


  • Apex381
    replied
    Jeeze I'm liking this color so much I'm thinking about a respray.....

    Leave a comment:


  • rThor432
    replied
    Originally posted by JasonC
    I can't get enuff of this car! It would look hot with a set of euro bumpers and new chrome locking strips.
    Plus three.

    Leave a comment:


  • JasonC
    replied
    Originally posted by e30_lover_CT
    Haha... or daily driver :)

    So, I ran my VIN and discovered my car has a 12/83 production date. The last 7 in my vin is 1000109. Does that mean my chassis is the 109'th made? LOL... just stabbing in the dark here...:p
    I can't get enuff of this car! It would look hot with a set of euro bumpers and new chrome locking strips. As for the vin#, i'm up in the air about that. Cause i had a 93 Ram with vin# 1000002 and production date 1/93. And a 72 Demon with vin# 1000719 prod. date 7/71. So who knows? And as TJ said, you don't have Recaros ;)

    Leave a comment:


  • e30_lover_CT
    replied
    Next tasks:

    WHEW! All this stuff is either sitting in my living room or is currently on order. I can't wait...especially since my shocks are basically shot...even speed bumps are a challenge going over @ 20 mph.
    Last edited by e30_lover_CT; 01-17-2008, 05:31 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Axxe
    replied
    The things I'd do with that car....

    Leave a comment:


  • z50_Jumper
    replied
    Love that color on the early model.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30_lover_CT
    replied
    Originally posted by rThor432
    Best reason to get a henna car is because you can touch up the paint with GM engine red. Perfect match. Great demolition derby car.
    Haha... or daily driver :)

    So, I ran my VIN and discovered my car has a 12/83 production date. The last 7 in my vin is 1000109. Does that mean my chassis is the 109'th made? LOL... just stabbing in the dark here...:p

    Leave a comment:


  • rThor432
    replied
    Best reason to get a henna car is because you can touch up the paint with GM engine red. Perfect match. Great demolition derby car.

    Leave a comment:


  • SchnellerVert
    replied
    Review his car that was for sale.

    Leave a comment:

Working...