Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My M3 with my new 28' Airstream...

Hey guys-
    Well, I have had a crazy last month. I quit my job at the dealership, bought 2 acres if land and moved to Auburn. I got myself a new ('07 model, year-end closeout) 28' International CCD Airstream. I am living in it full time now as I build my shop/business. I will eventually build my dream home on the property aswell, but that is a few years away right now.
    I am starting my own BMW repair business and doing custom work aswell. Shop should be up and running by April 1st if everything goes as planned.
    Anyhow, lots of construction and work going on here, but so far this is the progress. I put in a trench for sewer/power/cable to the trailer, and ran another trench for water from the top of the property. I am working on getting the shop up next, just waiting on permits ect before the building is delivered.
    More on everything later, here are some pics!

Preview of the interior on this bad boy... Its all aluminum!!

this is an older pic from a few weeks ago, lots of raw dirt but its looking better already.

On a side note, I just bought an old forklift today. Should make for easy moving of engines, cars, parts ect around the new shop. It has a 5000lb capacity and lifts up to 14'. It has a small 4cyl engine that runs on propane and I am going to restore the body to make it look much nicer. I will post before/after pics of that project once I get started on it in a few days.

Anyhow, just wanted to update you all on why I havn't been around as much. I don't have cable/internet/phone hooked up yet (long/frustrating story, damn cable companies!!) so I have been living in the dark ages out here...
    '88 M3.2 S54 Lachssilber/Black
    '07 335i Alpine/Black Sedan
    '12 X5 3.5i Alpine/Black
    iS Splitters For Sale, PM ME!
    sigpic

"Hey babe, hop in my M3 and let's take a ride back to my... trailer."

;)

"See, we're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired."

Comment

Originally posted by e30Matt View Post
      "Hey babe, hop in my M3 and let's take a ride back to my... trailer."

;)
      bwahahaha, yea and then they actually see it and respect it. The hot tub will be full of water soon so that can be the motivator, then I can mention I have a trailer with queen sized bed and 26" LCD tv with surround sound
      '88 M3.2 S54 Lachssilber/Black
      '07 335i Alpine/Black Sedan
      '12 X5 3.5i Alpine/Black
      iS Splitters For Sale, PM ME!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by M3 Ryan View Post
        bwahahaha, yea and then they actually see it and respect it. The hot tub will be full of water soon so that can be the motivator, then I can mention I have a trailer with queen sized bed and 26" LCD tv with surround sound
        haha nice... good luck with everything man.

Comment

Good luck man!
          Originally posted by Matt-B
          hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Wow good career move.
            Hope you let us see the progress

-> Afficionados join the M-technic I club

Comment

Congrats Ryan, looks like beautiful property. Good luck with your new venture.
              Originally posted by Simon S
              When a dream is a dream for too long - it becomes a fantasy..

Comment

Congrats!

How did you get the Airstream back to your property? With a VSR \\\Wild Hitch? jaykay. :mrgreen:

And ya, good luck with everything. Once you get a good base of customers, I'm sure you'll have good enough cashflow to start building a house. Not sure on what the construction / mortgage laws are in CA, but it looks like the property is really nice.

Originally posted by whysimon
                WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Impressive!

I hope everything goes smoothly with the build up.

Are you going to be launching something on the web as well?
                  IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

What a beautiful piece of property. Love those Airstreams! Good luck with the new business!!

1991 325ic and 1991 318is

Comment

Very nice. A birdie told me this was in the works. Good luck. I am sure you will do great!

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Originally posted by M3 Ryan View Post
                        A trailer is a trailer :P. no matter how good it is, you cant really compare to a house... Though 2 acre of wooded area would give you some points.

Comment

Damn dude, that is dedication. Are you building the shop on the same property? Where is the cabrio?

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Ha ah - I just started down the same path myself - No Airstream though, that's for sure. Pure envy there. I just got a '98 '32 5th wheel Terry myself - used. $7500. I just pulled it onto site last Sat.

Soon there will be 2 of us using the line "aye, babe - hop in the M3 & let's go back to my, ummm.....place".

Funny I kept my hot tub too - so we'll both be bums living on property in RV's with a hot tub out back. Cheades has given me plenty of shit about it, but it looks like we might be starting a trend.

GL ryan.

It's not how you handle the good times, but the faith you keep in the bad that defines you.

Comment

Sounds like fun man. I would have a blast living like that.
                              "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

Working...
                              X