Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally found a US Spec M3 in Germany!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many of you know that I've been looking for a US Spec M3 in Germany. It's taken me over a year, but I found one. Through Yan and others I had been hearing of a Black E30 M3 on base. When I returned from my deployment I headed up to the guys office. I asked him if he was interested to sell his M3. Two and a half weeks later, and lots of convincing it's mine.

Its a one owner 91 Diamantschwarz on Grey M3. The previous owner bought it brand new through the military sales program here in Germany. He's had it in the states a few times, but it's spent most of its years right here. It's got 90K miles. He also kept seat covers on the front seats since day one. <- I took them off, as they were pretty ugly.

I almost forgot. I got it for $6,500!

Forgive my rushed photos, it was raining. I know everyone would want some pictures though.

The wheels are some OZ Racing 17's. They rub if I turn too hard, I'm not a fan of them. I'm going to look for some Style 5's I think.

Seats are in good condition. But the interior is pretty dusty and dirty inside. Should be good after a cleaning!

This has to go as well...

Here's the check

I'm sure I'm forgetting some things, but I thought I'd get this up so you all could see! Thanks for all the help so far, especially Yan!

*I just copied this from my post at s14.net*
    alexw
    (2) E30 tourings - sold, E30 M3 - sold, 89 325ix sedan, 91 318is slicktop
    Wisconsin Members!- Join WiBimmers.com, Wisconsin's BMW community.

Nice!
    Hemingway said it best. “There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.”

Help a brother out, buy your detailing products here...

Comment

hehe... Nice ride man, and a bargain too: $ 6.5k and 90k on the odo!!, I wished I had that luck, hehe... I' love dschwarz's, a Msport wheel would be better I think, not so hard to find in Germany I presume... Good luck with the ride man, congrats!!
      Last edited by cyrmanj; 04-14-2008, 07:01 PM.
      e30 diamantschwarz 325i
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/cyrmanj/

Comment

Holy crap, is that how much they are worth over there????
        IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Originally posted by dude8383 View Post
          Holy crap, is that how much they are worth over there????
          no, that was a steal
          Build Threads:
          Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Steal!!! That guy didn't know what he had. Congrats on the purchase!
            Continuous For Sale Thread
            323i s50

Comment

Whats the going rate in the mother land just out of curiosity?
              IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Originally posted by dude8383 View Post
                Whats the going rate in the mother land just out of curiosity?
                Same if not MORE than what one costs in the states. Mine is US Spec though, and I got incredibly lucky with the price.
                Last edited by alexw; 04-14-2008, 09:50 AM.
                alexw

Comment

Congrats! That is super cheap!

Comment

Originally posted by cyrmanj View Post
                    I' love dschwarz's, a Msport wheel would be better I think, no so hard to find in Germany I presume...
                    I've got to look into that, with it being a 91 it has an airbag.
                    alexw

Comment

what a find! you are a lucky person. to find a decent u.s. model e30 at all here is hard enough.
                      the going rate over here is at about 15,000 dollars for a plane jane so/so car. you STOLE that thing from him.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeedler View Post
                        what a find! you are a lucky person. to find a decent u.s. model e30 at all here is hard enough.
                        the going rate over here is at about 15,000 dollars for a plane jane so/so car. you STOLE that thing from him.
                        Don't make me feel bad about it ;)
                        alexw

Comment

Originally posted by mikeedler View Post
                          I will vouch on that one. There is a website called autoscout24.de and you can do an extended search and your jaw will drop when you see some of the prices (in Euros) that they ask for those cars.

Right now, I hate you.........J/K;). On the serious side, My hat is off to you for being able to convince the former owner to let it go. I wish I was that lucky. I'll be up there this June PCS'ing to K-town, so hopefully we can all meet up eventually. Congrats again.

How do I spell stress relief?:hitler:
                          :!:Open Track Days!!!:!:

Comment

Yeah man, hope to see you around, keep in touch!

Originally posted by elsabor67 View Post
                            I will vouch on that one. There is a website called autoscout24.de and you can do an extended search and your jaw will drop when you see some of the prices (in Euros) that they ask for those cars.

Right now, I hate you.........J/K;). On the serious side, My hat is off to you for being able to convince the former owner to let it go. I wish I was that lucky. I'll be up there this June PCS'ing to K-town, so hopefully we can all meet up eventually. Congrats again.
                            alexw

Comment

Damn. Should have offered him Kelly Blue Book on it. hehe.
                              "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                              88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                              89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                              91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Working...
                              X