No announcement yet.

I want my vert to look like this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i guess my standpoint on suspension is to make the car HANDLE better. appearance to me is just a fringe benefit. i lower cars to lower the center of gravity, not to see if i can scrape turtles off the highway. i wouldnt drive a BMW, a car made by a company that invested MILLIONS of dollars in suspension research to make their cars handle better than the rest. if i wanted a car to "pan out" id go by something that i could put airbags/hydraulics on.

different strokes for different folks though i guess.

to the OP if you want real information on suspension, steering geometry and overall proper suspension geometry contact/pm E30Groupie. my last 2 cars and my current m3 will all have suspension work done by him. so far no cracked pans, and all my cars have the proper geometry (within factory spec). even his current car is a testament to his knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by golde30 View Post
      Dave, your vert had a perfect stance with the H&R race springs, however JustinB's vert has a reverse rake stance with the same suspension...you sure you werent running some drop hats in front? or maybe some clever photoshopping action?? haha

i ask b/c i want to run H&R race springs, but i dont want the reverse rake look, it sucks teh ballz.
      Yeah - I am sure. But I might not have had spring pads in the front - don;t remember.

I had mad reverse rake with the Race on the Spec Car . . . . before I put the engine back in it. :p
      Current Cars
      2014 M235i
      2009 R56 Cooper S
      1998 M3
      1997 M3

Comment

Originally posted by smonkbmw View Post
        i guess my standpoint on suspension is to make the car HANDLE better. appearance to me is just a fringe benefit. i lower cars to lower the center of gravity, not to see if i can scrape turtles off the highway. i wouldnt drive a BMW, a car made by a company that invested MILLIONS of dollars in suspension research to make their cars handle better than the rest. if i wanted a car to "pan out" id go by something that i could put airbags/hydraulics on.

different strokes for different folks though i guess.

to the OP if you want real information on suspension, steering geometry and overall proper suspension geometry contact/pm E30Groupie. my last 2 cars and my current m3 will all have suspension work done by him. so far no cracked pans, and all my cars have the proper geometry (within factory spec). even his current car is a testament to his knowledge.

EDIT: Hey, thanks for the PMs and the advice. Your M3 is looking good.
        Last edited by constructor; 07-05-2008, 01:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by golde30 View Post
          Dave, your vert had a perfect stance with the H&R race springs, however JustinB's vert has a reverse rake stance with the same suspension...you sure you werent running some drop hats in front? or maybe some clever photoshopping action?? haha

i ask b/c i want to run H&R race springs, but i dont want the reverse rake look, it sucks teh ballz.
          That's what scares me about the Race on a vert.

Comment

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf View Post
            Cracking your pan won't happen if you're an observant driver; unless something completely unavoidable happens, which is un-likely.

My vote goes to GC's as well.
            Mine are cranked all the way down here (:() and it wasn't quite as low as I wanted it... It looks WAY higher than it really was becuase of no front lip though.

Here's my car on them-
            I like it!

Comment

i have billy sports and matching billy sport springs. i think its nice. the ride is a bit agressive on back roads but very comfortable on the highway in my oppinion. thought you might like to see this set up. sorry the pics are small, dang camera phones..
              Attached Files
              '91 325i 'vert
              unfinished,
              color- schwarz
              16" KONIG Remember gold W/polished lip
              bilstein sports and springs.
              zimmerman crossdrilled rotors, stainless lines

Comment

Originally posted by E30trash View Post
                that wouldnt have really helped me at all man, did you see the other thread with the white cabby who cracked his pan with a skid plate?
                Dude seriously ejnights steel skid plates are the shit, I will be getting another steel skid plate for my other e30. Since I have installed mine 2 weeks ago, it has been taking some abuse, especially on roads that I am unfamiliar with. There were a few instances where I hit the ground pretty damn hard, and I thought I needed a new oil pan for sure. I am still on the same new oil pan I put on since my vegas trip. The 666fab skid plate was the plate that was on the car when I was busting oil pans. I personally think that the 666fab skid plate are pure garbage for a drop like mine.

Originally posted by E30trash View Post
                yeah i wouldnt have cracked mine. except i had to take a detour down an unknown road during construction. also i hit reflectors with my oil pan, dont know if many people can say that
                Oh I knock out reflectors when I change lanes. Kinda sucks but I can't picture my car any higher. I love the way my car sits.

Weitec's 60/60 kit with no front and rear spring pads, drop hats in the front. Koni short bodies with shortened strut tubes and lowered the spring perch 1inch. Rides really good for what it is.

I think im a bit too low........ :(

Comment

Working...
                X