Traveling back in time...one 3 series at a time.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • David A
    replied
    Originally posted by rwdrift
    When are you getting the new MTech2 stuff? What will you be doing with the current stuff? (Particularly the rear valence) :D
    It won't be for a little while but I'd be more than happy to send the one I have now your way when I find the right replacement! :)

    Leave a comment:


  • Erick
    replied
    When are you getting the new MTech2 stuff? What will you be doing with the current stuff? (Particularly the rear valence) :D

    Leave a comment:


  • David A
    replied
    Thanks for the warm welcome, guys. I post quite a bit on BF.c so we might know each other over there and I really like the community feel this forum has...:)


    Originally posted by e30this
    I love that freakin car...
    Did he ever change it to a 5 speed or is it still an auto??
    I have a few photos floting around in my photobucket..

    post more soon....
    Yeah, it's an S50 + 5 speed now.

    Originally posted by DEV0 E30
    I saw that Qimis thought about selling. Insane.

    Welcome to where the air is crisp David.

    Pretty cool how you have technically done the reverse of what most anyone does in the world. "Downsizing, downgrading." But in reality that car may not be perfect, but it's so far above a used E46 in terms of hours and love into it.



    You better keep your word, or the alpine gods will have no mercy on your soul.
    Yeah, we'll definitely be doing a photoshoot.

    As for the E46...it has its place in the market...I love them and I really do love the design of them but I'll probably wait till the prices on the M3s drop more and maybe pick one up as a DD?

    And yes, this car is awesome...I can't wait to put my personal touch on it.

    Originally posted by rwdrift
    That's what you're going to be sliding on? Wow.... I give you props.

    It's a clean car from all the pictures I've seen, that's for sure.
    It has its problem areas. But yeah, I'm gonna be getting ahold of ya in the next few months for suspension questions...haha...I'll try my best not to be annoying.

    Plans:
    5 lug swap with bigger brakes
    OEM M-Tech II front/rear bumper (right now it's fiberglass)
    Better suspension setup (sways, adj shocks,plates)
    Replace all the bushings
    All paint and body work - the car (like all others) looks 10x better in pictures than it does in person as far as the outside goes. The rear fenders are cut and done with fiberglass and original paint so I'm going to redo the entire rear fender section and make them all metal and pull the front fenders...and then fix up all the little problem areas (small rust spots and dings).

    Leave a comment:


  • Van Westervelt
    replied
    This thread is worthess without pics...

    Leave a comment:


  • M42Technik
    replied
    You're going to be drifting his car?

    Jeebus I haven't seen this one in ages, more pictures please!

    Leave a comment:


  • Erick
    replied
    That's what you're going to be sliding on? Wow.... I give you props.

    It's a clean car from all the pictures I've seen, that's for sure.

    Leave a comment:


  • george graves
    replied
    pics!

    Leave a comment:


  • mtechnik
    replied
    Nice nice. Upgrading reverse style :D

    Leave a comment:


  • DEV0 E30
    replied
    I saw that Qimis thought about selling. Insane.

    Welcome to where the air is crisp David.

    Pretty cool how you have technically done the reverse of what most anyone does in the world. "Downsizing, downgrading." But in reality that car may not be perfect, but it's so far above a used E46 in terms of hours and love into it.

    Originally posted by AlpineE30M52
    Photoshoot time!
    You better keep your word, or the alpine gods will have no mercy on your soul.

    Leave a comment:


  • Erik
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
    Damn, I can't believe he sold it!
    I'm so stoked... Going down to see it sometime in the next week.

    Photoshoot time!

    Leave a comment:


  • Jand3rson
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperDuper
    Qimis' car? Nice!
    Damn, I can't believe he sold it!

    Leave a comment:


  • e30this
    replied
    I love that freakin car...
    Did he ever change it to a 5 speed or is it still an auto??
    I have a few photos floting around in my photobucket..

    post more soon....

    Leave a comment:


  • MIZTERIO
    replied
    wooooooooohohooho

    Leave a comment:


  • backtrail69
    replied
    Oh man!

    Leave a comment:


  • Mtriple
    replied
    Qimis' car? Nice!

    Leave a comment:

Working...