Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What offset are your wheels? With the spacers to keep it simple.

Comment

you werent kidding about your mod list. I love your car man looks really hot :up:

http://www.volkswagenjettacup.com/

Comment

You're the friggin' man. That is one smoking hot e30.
        Keep up the good work.
        '91 318is
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal
          20 front
          22 rear

when i go 9.5 out back, it will probably be 22, 25 or 30.

332iS R.I.P.

Comment

That is a gorgeous car. Nice wheels, nice kit, nice stance, but nasty mirrors :)

Wish there were more four doors around like it.

Comment

Originally posted by C ///M
              Originally posted by Mystikal
              20 front
              22 rear

when i go 9.5 out back, it will probably be 22, 25 or 30.
              Don´t go higher then 22 as I have 9,5 "17 and ET15 and flared fenders but no rubbing , I once got rubbing on the inside on my 325is,, run stiff susp and you are good
              Gunni
              @ Prodrive / Aston Martin Racing

Comment

Hey Chris, how is your Rieger lip mounted to the valancer? Did you use bolts/screws to attach it?

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Love the ride, like what you've done to it. I believe you said you were going to shadowline it and replace the mirrors with CF M3 style, which I think will look nice and go better with the flow of everything else. Not a fan of pinstriping, but dig the rest! :up:
                  -Brandon
                  '86 325es S50
                  '12 VW GTI Autobahn DSG
                  '03 540i M-Sport (sold)
                  '08 Jeep SRT-8 (sold)

For sale:
                  S50 TMS chip for Schricks

Comment

Originally posted by gstuning
                    Don´t go higher then 22 as I have 9,5 "17 and ET15 and flared fenders but no rubbing , I once got rubbing on the inside on my 325is,, run stiff susp and you are good
                    Haha...yes, i run a stiff suspension as you and i have discussed before. However, I will be running 265/35 series tires instead of your, i believe 245/35s, and right now I have about an inch of clearance on the inside of the wheel and the rear shock. With the 265s, I'm going to have to have the wheel as far in as possible so I dont have fender issues. Either way, it will get done and not rub. In the future when i change my calipers to fixed calipers, i will run larger spacers all around with pulled fenders.

T.J. Yes my rieger lip is mounted with screws and speed nuts (the little flat things that you screw car speakers in with).

EDIT: To everyone, I appreciate all the comments and suggestions. There's still plenty to do, but I'm pretty happy with how it has turned out.
                    Brandon, yea, i already have the OE. black front and rear lockstrips installed, but i was just too lazy to paint the side window trim. I'm doing it very soon, most likely tomorrow or this weekend.

332iS R.I.P.

Comment

Haha...yes, i run a stiff suspension as you and i have discussed before. However, I will be running 265/35 series tires instead of your, i believe 245/35s, and right now I have about an inch of clearance on the inside of the wheel and the rear shock. With the 265s, I'm going to have to have the wheel as far in as possible so I dont have fender issues. Either way, it will get done and not rub. In the future when i change my calipers to fixed calipers, i will run larger spacers all around with pulled fenders.

T.J. Yes my rieger lip is mounted with screws and speed nuts (the little flat things that you screw car speakers in with).

EDIT: To everyone, I appreciate all the comments and suggestions. There's still plenty to do, but I'm pretty happy with how it has turned out.
                      Brandon, yea, i already have the OE. black front and rear lockstrips installed, but i was just too lazy to paint the side window trim. I'm doing it very soon, most likely tomorrow or this weekend.
                      265/35-17 sounds like a good plan I might want to check into that as there might be enough space when the fenders get flared all straight and nice, and I have ET30 wheels so I can simply get a smaller spacer (or have the ones I have extra modded to 5-10mm thickness) to allow for wheel placement adjustment

what model tires are you going to use
                      235/40 sounds to fat for me compared to the 215/40 I have now and I don´t like fat tires
                      I might consider 235/35 og 225/35
                      Gunni

Comment

Gunni, our wheels are virtually the same, just different spoke design. I have the CR2000s, same sizes and same offsets. Don't you remember? You said you had found an extra set of used CR7s that I wanted to get for track wheels? Anyway....

problem with 265/35 tires is that there are only 2 tires available. The michelin pilot sports, and some dunlops. I would get the pilot sports since i hate dunlops. Unfortunately, the PS2s are taking the place of the pilot sports sometime in the future according to a michelin rep i spoke to. At that point, if the PS2s do not come in 265/35 then I will simply get the tire of my choice in 265/40. At that point, I would have pulled fenders.

I'm truly sorry to hear that you dont like fat tires. When we each have our engines finished, you can have as much more power than me as you want, but it won't do you any good without fat tires and traction. I will still use 235/40s all around for track usage, so I'm getting a brand new set of 8.5x17 fronts and 9.5x17 rears for street/show use.

EDIT: Couple extra pics added in the first post for those too lazy to look at the site.

332iS R.I.P.

Comment

Gunni, our wheels are virtually the same, just different spoke design. I have the CR2000s, same sizes and same offsets. Don't you remember? You said you had found an extra set of used CR7s that I wanted to get for track wheels? Anyway....

problem with 265/35 tires is that there are only 2 tires available. The michelin pilot sports, and some dunlops. I would get the pilot sports since i hate dunlops. Unfortunately, the PS2s are taking the place of the pilot sports sometime in the future according to a michelin rep i spoke to. At that point, if the PS2s do not come in 265/35 then I will simply get the tire of my choice in 265/40. At that point, I would have pulled fenders.

I'm truly sorry to hear that you dont like fat tires. When we each have our engines finished, you can have as much more power than me as you want, but it won't do you any good without fat tires and traction. I will still use 235/40s all around for track usage, so I'm getting a brand new set of 8.5x17 fronts and 9.5x17 rears for street/show use.

EDIT: Couple extra pics added in the first post for those too lazy to look at the site.
                          I´m heading for drifting with my car and not mucho grip, I just like the look of it like it is now, if I need grip I have some "15 BBS ONES that would love to play track wheels

Our wheels are just the same, but when I see 255/40-17 tires they look huge even on a 2.8 Z coupe with 17x10 rears,, I just like the small profile of the tires, 35 profile is what I would be looking at,

I will soon be at 300hp , new konis rear, lsd with 3.15 rear, poly rear subframe mounts,
                          My goal for this 3.0 motor is around 340hp in the absolute end,

How much are you going to stretch your S50B32 US
                          Gunni

Comment

How much are you going to stretch your S50B32 US
                            Not very far. With the OBDI conversion and a chip to match, i should be as high as 286 at the crank according to others that have done it. The IDEAL plan right now is a year after the motor install, i'll go with a custom turbo setup, nothing drastic, but my overall goal for this engine is 400hp at the crank. If for any reason I decide to not go with the turbo, i'll upgrade the cam, shave the head, and go with a mulit-throttle setup.

332iS R.I.P.

Comment

Your car sucks donkey nuts.
                              Poser
                              Ricer
                              Chicken Fucker

You know what I think...... :twisted:
                              Below the radar...

Comment

Sweet ride. I love the speaker install.

I have a 4-door Cirrus Blue Metalic that is just starting on the mad moddage journey.

Keep it slideways!!

Comment

Working...
                                X