Too big?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • cactusjacks1
    replied
    The wheels & stance are almost perfect - very nice job!! I agree that the fronts need a little tweek & the tire change may do it. I think the reason that same front set up looks so-o-o good on a E30M3 is the extra 1 1/4" fender width.

    Leave a comment:


  • ILoveMPower
    replied
    Those are awesome wheels, but it looks like you might have some rubbing issues with spirited driving

    Leave a comment:


  • Joe318is
    replied
    looks goofy on the rear. i think the 16's look much better.

    P.S. - let me borrow your fender roller and ill pay you in ATRT bucks

    Leave a comment:


  • UNHCLL
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperDuper
    What do you think of copper?
    hmmm...

    Copper, nogaro/dark silver, bright silver, or even "e39 M5 shadow paint" style would look good. Black looks great if you're doing a still photoshoot with lots of available lighting to highlight the actual wheels... but in the 'real world' I think they get lost.

    Leave a comment:


  • BeastinM3
    replied
    Just right

    Leave a comment:


  • Mtriple
    replied
    Originally posted by UNHCLL
    Rumor is '09 is last year of production for FJC. :(

    Seriously, car looks great... but silver centers would be so hot.
    Thanks man, I heard the same thing. Its either going to be the 4Runner or the FJC. I find it hard to believe they would axe the 4Runner.

    I'm afraid that silver will make the wheels look bigger. What do you think of copper?

    Leave a comment:


  • uofom3
    replied
    hot seckz

    Leave a comment:


  • UNHCLL
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperDuper
    You have good taste sir. The FJC will replace my 4Runner when the time comes and if the dealers are selling them that cheap around here, it may be sooner than later.
    Rumor is '09 is last year of production for FJC. :(

    Seriously, car looks great... but silver centers would be so hot.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mtriple
    replied
    Originally posted by TDE30
    They had a 17" Style 5 for the E38?

    I believe E38's only had 16" or 18", but I could be mistaken.
    Ninja edit*

    My bad, it was an option on euro E32 cars.

    The euro E32's had a staggered option with style 5's in 17 inch. I have to run the hub rings up front to make the E39 wheels fit the M3 hub and nothing out back, they are the same bore.

    http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...40&hg=36&fg=15
    Last edited by Mtriple; 09-10-2008, 01:51 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • TDE30
    replied
    They had a 17" Style 5 for the E38?

    I believe E38's only had 16" or 18", but I could be mistaken.

    Leave a comment:


  • Erik
    replied
    Originally posted by TDE30
    17" Style 5's, not sure about the lips though, they look original.

    OP, it may have already been addressed, but are these staggered?
    Read the thread and you shall seeeee..... lol /asshole remark.


    Originally posted by SuperDuper
    Thanks guys, sorry I should have given the specs.

    Front- E39 Style 5 17x8 et20 215/45/17
    Rear- E38 Style 5 17x9 et26 235/45/17
    Last edited by Erik; 09-10-2008, 06:45 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • TDE30
    replied
    Originally posted by B2702
    Are they the BBS wheels that came on the e39? and are the lips ooriginal?
    17" Style 5's, not sure about the lips though, they look original.

    OP, it may have already been addressed, but are these staggered?

    Leave a comment:


  • B2702
    replied
    Are they the BBS wheels that came on the e39? and are the lips ooriginal?

    Leave a comment:


  • Uropac
    replied
    Niiiiiice

    Leave a comment:


  • Mtriple
    replied
    Originally posted by UNHCLL
    You have 2 choices... buy a car trailer, and setup the 4-Runner to tow said trailer and E30 back. (Oooh Package deal!)

    or

    I'll buy a FJC and drive out and tow it back.
    (Dealers here have FJC's for sub $20k now!)
    You have good taste sir. The FJC will replace my 4Runner when the time comes and if the dealers are selling them that cheap around here, it may be sooner than later.
    Last edited by Mtriple; 09-10-2008, 01:36 PM.

    Leave a comment:

Working...