Too big?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Raxe
    replied
    The fitment looks perfect, I like them.

    Leave a comment:


  • MR 325
    replied
    The 17's look way better than the 16's in my opinion. (Although I do like both)

    I think the sidewalls are too tall, front and rear though, that's my complaint.

    I am running 17x9 all around with 235/40 tires.

    Leave a comment:


  • Alpina
    replied
    I am running 8x17 215/40 front and 9x17 245/35 rear
    BBS style 5 with 72.6 mm centerbore



    Leave a comment:


  • Gobig_us
    replied
    The 16X8's make the car look more like a sports car. Looks fast just sitting there kinda thing. I agree with you about the fitment.

    Leave a comment:


  • aSpecD_
    replied
    both wheel sets look great. but i vote the 16x8's for practicality.


    ps. wow those genuine all red MHW's look hot.
    i tried to get the same pink tint on my alpine's reverse lens but i continue to wish i had the legit set.. do they still produce MHW all reds ?

    Leave a comment:


  • Hartge_H27
    replied
    looks good. i am running 17x9.5 on the rear of my 91 325i and it only has the fenders rolled.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mtriple
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave McLaren
    That looks friggin' amazing, Bob! My car isn't sitting on my staggered Style 5s yet (we talked about the motor setback) but if my car looks anywhere near that good I'll be stoked.

    Thanks for the right-click-save-as sweetness. :)

    Dave
    Thanks Dave, I hope to see yours soon as well.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30s52
    replied
    sick! i would roll the fenders and drop it a little

    Leave a comment:


  • Mtriple
    replied
    Originally posted by VacMan
    I guess I'll go against the grain on this one. I think the wheels are beautiful, especially for remembers*. The problem is there isn't a lot of sidewall left so they look big to me. I think you either need to dump the car to get some tuck in the rear or get more tire. Either way, you're probably going to need to roll and massage like crazy to get them to fit without major rubbing.

    Bottom line: The color combo looks sweet, the Style 5's are gorgeous, but as it sits the wheels are too big and throw off the look to me. Especially with a 9 in the rear.













    (*LOL, I know they're rebuilt Style 5's, I'm just poking fun at others in this thread.)

    :rofl:

    Tim, your comments on fitment are spot on with what I'm thinking. I'll play with it a bit and see what happens... These would be a pretty hot combo for an M3 so I could always throw them up on S14 if I decide to go another route.

    Oh for those that asked, its an e30 M3 5 lug swap.

    Leave a comment:


  • BmveE30ftw
    replied
    looks perfect to me.

    Leave a comment:


  • atomic
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperDuper
    Thanks guys, sorry I should have given the specs.

    Front- E39 Style 5 17x8 et20 215/45/17
    Rear- E38 Style 5 17x9 et26 235/45/17

    The stance is already pretty raked right now so I dont want to lower the front without the rear. I think Carly is right and that I may have some rubbing issues especially if I drop the rear more.

    Thank you Bob! I have been wondering if the 17x9 et26 would fit on the back of a late model e30. Now time for me to go find the oem wheels I have been wanting for my car on top of the ones I have already...




    :p

    Leave a comment:


  • VacMan
    replied
    I guess I'll go against the grain on this one. I think the wheels are beautiful, especially for remembers*. The problem is there isn't a lot of sidewall left so they look big to me. I think you either need to dump the car to get some tuck in the rear or get more tire. Either way, you're probably going to need to roll and massage like crazy to get them to fit without major rubbing.

    Bottom line: The color combo looks sweet, the Style 5's are gorgeous, but as it sits the wheels are too big and throw off the look to me. Especially with a 9 in the rear.















    (*LOL, I know they're rebuilt Style 5's, I'm just poking fun at others in this thread.)

    Leave a comment:


  • Jean
    replied
    They look good, but imho I agree they do look a little big (especially in the 2nd picture).

    Leave a comment:


  • adept
    replied
    No, those are perfect fitment!!

    Leave a comment:


  • e30turboboy
    replied
    Originally posted by atomic
    Any details on the front and rear sizes and offsets both wheel and tire? TIA

    Looks great from here!!1!!!11!!1!!!!!

    +1 what 5lug set up are you runing looks grate love the wheels

    Leave a comment:

Working...