The iX Beater returns... pretty beat...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • iXBeater
    Grease Monkey
    • Apr 2007
    • 333

    #16
    Originally posted by 2mAn
    LOL This is an A+ thread.

    iXBeater What are you driving now?
    A Mini Clubman replaced the iX, and I'm still DD'ing that car. My M635 is mine for as long as I can manage it :)

    But the Clubman is getting replaced soon. R3V-relevant update on that soon...
    1985 E30 S52 - Daily Driver
    1986 M635Csi - For the best days

    Comment

    • Panici
      Moderator
      • Dec 2009
      • 2539

      #17
      Originally posted by iXBeater
      But the Clubman is getting replaced soon. R3V-relevant update on that soon...

      Comment

      • iXBeater
        Grease Monkey
        • Apr 2007
        • 333

        #18
        Originally posted by Panici

        :) ;)
        1985 E30 S52 - Daily Driver
        1986 M635Csi - For the best days

        Comment

        • S50DaveD
          Member
          • Mar 2012
          • 45

          #19
          Well time to bring this thread back! As it turns out, I am now the new owner of this beater, I like the name iXBeater . I have been away from owning an E30 for a good bit but have owned a fair amount BMW's in those years. A good friend was recently after me to get into one of my E38's, I never had intention of selling any of them but decided to sell the others and just keep my 01 Sport Short 6 speed 740i, its had a supercharger sitting in the trunk for over a year so time to get that project finished up now that the heard is thinned. We finally came to a deal where I parted with one in exchange for this car. After digging around Bimmerforums and here I found some of the history and was pleased to see the story. As it turns out, the E38 I traded for this car was one I had mechanically redone with the sole purpose of lending out to friends and family when they needed a car to get around so its kind of fitting that this one will get some love after all its been through. I'll try to keep it updated on here, but the plan is to have a full respray done here soon. I'd love to get it back to the way it was when it was new so any info on the stock spec would be helpful!


          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9665.jpg Views:	0 Size:	221.7 KB ID:	10166700
          Attached Files

          Comment

          • 2mAn
            Señior Mod
            • Aug 2010
            • 20973

            #20
            That’s awesome!, let’s see more of the sporty shorty
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1966 Blue Boat
            -1969 Red VW
            -1986 White BMW
            -2006 Green Thing

            Make R3V Great Again -2020

            Comment

            • iXBeater
              Grease Monkey
              • Apr 2007
              • 333

              #21
              Originally posted by S50DaveD
              Well time to bring this thread back! As it turns out, I am now the new owner of this beater, I like the name iXBeater . I have been away from owning an E30 for a good bit but have owned a fair amount BMW's in those years. A good friend was recently after me to get into one of my E38's, I never had intention of selling any of them but decided to sell the others and just keep my 01 Sport Short 6 speed 740i, its had a supercharger sitting in the trunk for over a year so time to get that project finished up now that the heard is thinned. We finally came to a deal where I parted with one in exchange for this car. After digging around Bimmerforums and here I found some of the history and was pleased to see the story. As it turns out, the E38 I traded for this car was one I had mechanically redone with the sole purpose of lending out to friends and family when they needed a car to get around so its kind of fitting that this one will get some love after all its been through. I'll try to keep it updated on here, but the plan is to have a full respray done here soon. I'd love to get it back to the way it was when it was new so any info on the stock spec would be helpful!


              Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_9665.jpg Views:	0 Size:	221.7 KB ID:	10166700
              That's my old car? That's pretty amazing!

              Are you in Raleigh?? If so, that's where I live also - would love to put my current E30 next to it and buy you a cup of coffee! PM me if you're in the area :)
              1985 E30 S52 - Daily Driver
              1986 M635Csi - For the best days

              Comment

              • S50DaveD
                Member
                • Mar 2012
                • 45

                #22
                Originally posted by iXBeater

                That's my old car? That's pretty amazing!

                Are you in Raleigh?? If so, that's where I live also - would love to put my current E30 next to it and buy you a cup of coffee! PM me if you're in the area :)
                It sure is your old car! I read all the forum posts before deciding to trade my buddy for it. I've got the car up at my farm house now but it'll be back at my shop in Raleigh sooner than later to get all the work done, would love to meet up and hear more stories on it!

                2mAn Here's some photos of the 7, I just had the timing covers redone this week. I need to put couple more miles on it to make sure it has a baseline of health before adding the boost but that will be coming very soon!

                Click image for larger version

Name:	rJv5Pbgg-5EnkSMiWGM.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	225.7 KB
ID:	10167612
                Click image for larger version

Name:	3QSQI.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	240.9 KB
ID:	10167613

                Comment

                • iXBeater
                  Grease Monkey
                  • Apr 2007
                  • 333

                  #23
                  PM'd some contact info
                  1985 E30 S52 - Daily Driver
                  1986 M635Csi - For the best days

                  Comment

                  Working...