Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally back into an e30: ‘88 Alpine on Blue 325ic cruiser build

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Awesome work!

    Enjoy!

    [IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

    Comment


      New and rebuilt axle shaft. Did something dumb with the other original one and had to get a new one. Interesting differences between them.

      Click image for larger version

Name:	D960838D-D270-4A7B-911E-00AA0BDD0C53.jpeg
Views:	162
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	9905948

      Comment


        New gas fill tube

        Click image for larger version

Name:	0E02337A-EF9C-45FA-9FCB-1CA4F313BAE4.jpeg
Views:	155
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	9905950

        Comment


          Originally posted by parkerbink View Post
          Awesome work!

          Enjoy!
          Thanks! I’ve pretty much change everything I can on this car to as new - 90% new to this point - parts. Went a bit overboard but I hope it’ll pay off.

          Comment


            Rear subframe is back in and ready to have all new parts hooked back up! We’ve had one casualty - a dust plate bolt head snapped off into the new trailing arms. Gonna try to back it out with left handed bit and get a new one in there.

            Click image for larger version

Name:	D339A06A-0382-447D-9A53-687AC4B447DB.jpeg
Views:	147
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	9906371

            Comment


              New parking brake items being installed

              Click image for larger version

Name:	A1A1A7F4-EE81-41FD-999F-8059276128AA.jpeg
Views:	140
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	9906859

              Comment


                Rear us all wrapped up. Trying to bleed brakes and getting no fluid to the rear. It’s being stopped in the ABs module. Ordered a “new” unit to see if I can keep it. If not I may just delete - although I don’t want to.

                refinishing the driveshaft this weekend and will be installing it to get ready for exhaust.

                Comment


                  Your ABS pump issue sounds very similar to what Jordan ran into, cycling the pump seemed to fix it and it sounds a lot cheaper than a new ABS module

                  https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...12#post9898312

                  Pump Cycling:

                  https://bmwe30cabriolet-wdm.blogspot...-your-abs.html

                  What are your exhaust plans? 3" oval tubing seems like a pretty great way to maintain ground clearance.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by zwill23 View Post
                    Your ABS pump issue sounds very similar to what Jordan ran into, cycling the pump seemed to fix it and it sounds a lot cheaper than a new ABS module

                    https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...12#post9898312

                    Pump Cycling:

                    https://bmwe30cabriolet-wdm.blogspot...-your-abs.html

                    What are your exhaust plans? 3" oval tubing seems like a pretty great way to maintain ground clearance.
                    Thank you!! I was trying to find something more visual than the thread I found on r3v but couldn't. These are exactly what I was looking for. The new pump was 60 shipped and I broke the little black cover over all the wiring so needed a new one of those already.

                    this is VERY helpful!!

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Mastrcruse View Post

                      Thank you!! I was trying to find something more visual than the thread I found on r3v but couldn't. These are exactly what I was looking for. The new pump was 60 shipped and I broke the little black cover over all the wiring so needed a new one of those already.

                      this is VERY helpful!!
                      Awesome! Glad I could help

                      Comment


                        Cause why not at least try haha. Got an exhaust cutout. I want the exhaust note to be quiet”er” but love how it sounds with no exhaust on it now. Think I’ll give this a try.

                        Comment


                          The list of things to get accomplished. Getting there slowly...

                          Click image for larger version

Name:	83A7B733-92AE-4981-BD0A-E9E8862D43E4.jpeg
Views:	229
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	9910242

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by zwill23 View Post
                            What are your exhaust plans? 3" oval tubing seems like a pretty great way to maintain ground clearance.
                            Might be nice under the rear subframe if your car is low, but even 3" round all the way back isn't bad as long as you don't have any clamps/flanges/resonators hanging down.
                            I think that's the real problem people have, especially with vbands.
                            Originally posted by priapism
                            My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                            Originally posted by shameson
                            Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by zwill23 View Post
                              What are your exhaust plans? 3" oval tubing seems like a pretty great way to maintain ground clearance.
                              I'm not honestly sure. Theres a great local exhaust shop that Ill have an appointment with after I get the brake and driveshaft stuff sorted out. I'd like a fairly quiet exhaust for cruising - thinking a nice resonator back to a muffler that fits/looks stockish. I'll have that cutout before the resonator if it fits.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Northern View Post

                                Might be nice under the rear subframe if your car is low, but even 3" round all the way back isn't bad as long as you don't have any clamps/flanges/resonators hanging down.
                                I think that's the real problem people have, especially with vbands.
                                Good to know, I was considering oval tubing but I'm shying away at the price point. I think I'll just give straight 3" a go.

                                Originally posted by Mastrcruse View Post

                                I'm not honestly sure. Theres a great local exhaust shop that Ill have an appointment with after I get the brake and driveshaft stuff sorted out. I'd like a fairly quiet exhaust for cruising - thinking a nice resonator back to a muffler that fits/looks stockish. I'll have that cutout before the resonator if it fits.
                                Sweet! I'm hoping for a quiet cruiser as well, the cut out will be fun though

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X