X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DEV0 E30 View Post
    Hello fellow Phoenician!
    Hello!

Small upgrade over the weekend was replacing my 28lb stock LS1 injectors with some 42lb injectors. These are factory Grand prix GTP injectors that companies such as FAST sell as "upgraded". Found a guy selling a set of 8 from some wrecked GTP's and grabbed them. Will be perfect for the future cam swap and should be just enough for flex fuel!

Untitled by Tyeler Andersen, on Flickr

It's oil change time for the year for part of my fleet. Sadly half of this goes in the E30 and my montero alone as both hold 8qts of oil. I'm not an amsoil purist, but i am a dealer which gets me the same cost per quart as going and buying off the shelf castrol from walmart so I generally use this in everything. Dominator oil for track days, everything else usually gets XL and a 6 month- yearly oil change. There's enough here for 4 of my 12 vehicles...lol

Track day next saturday, hoping to have everything ready to go by then!

Comment

Tried to tone down the exhaust a bit and failed Ordered 2 dynomax mini mufflers in hopes of just bringing down the decibels a bit without wrecking the sound of the car. I don't think it made it any quieter at all, but we'll see how it works under a load too. I also installed 2 more v-bands and flex pipes. Ive been meaning to do this since I built the exhaust and never got around to it. Trying to install the full exhaust as one piece is quite the chore and the flex pipes help line up at the heads as they did warp a little from welding and just heat in general.

Also built some tips

Just kidding, not those. This should help keep the soot off my bumper now. My buddy said it pops a pretty good flame out the back on high RPM decel so maybe this will keep the car from lighting on fire too.

Comment

More mini updates- I've been pretty loyal to condor for the majority of my brake and suspension parts as I like their parts and service, but garagistics had their 22mm front sway bar on sale for $100 and a local buddy of mine was planning to order one, so I had him throw a second on his order.

This actually made a world of difference in the driveability of the car. It's always been tail happy and I didn't want to kill that off completely, which this didn't. It made the car very controllable on corner exit. I can actually lay the car into a nice and smooth corner exit skid without it trying to get away from me now. I'll leave it how it is for the next track day and reassess whether I want to add/remove rear sway, but on the street it feels great as is. Tip for guys like me that live in the dusty desert and get tired of having to grease your bars- teflon tape around the bar where the bushings ride lasts way longer than lithium grease and it wont attract dirt which seems to be the leading killer for bushings in my cars. Nice and quiet for a long time!

Comment

Oh cool, I've been considering this with the Garagistic sale. This review may put me over the edge...
          2003 Z4 3.0 6-speed- Silver, 19's, daily driver
          1990 Silver 325i- Lowered on H&R OE Sports, e90 drop hats, KYB shocks, color matched rocker panels, 16" Emortal RS wheels on 205/50/16 tires... Currently getting a full refresh including an S52 swap!
          1997 Black Ford Probe GT- Stripped to 2220lbs, MS3X, Forged motor in midst of assembly... Dyno results and 1/4 mile times pending

Comment

I really like that Teflon tape idea
            Originally posted by priapism
            My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
            Originally posted by shameson
            Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by dadsbmw View Post
              Oh cool, I've been considering this with the Garagistic sale. This review may put me over the edge...
              For the price it's hard to beat. They gave us free shipping by ordering 2 which made it even better. Had it installed in about 20 minutes, didn't even pull a wheel off to do it either.

Originally posted by Northern View Post
              I really like that Teflon tape idea
              Found that on the corvette forums after tearing up all my bushings from dirt imbedding into the grease. It's been 2 years since I installed my bars on my C5 and the teflon is still on there, it works really well!

Comment

Yesterday was exactly one year since my first drive on the swap (and an e30 in general) so I think that meant it was time for more upgrades. Ordered one of the cheap IS lips since I full expect it to get beat up and mines been MIA since I've owned the car. It took some grinding at the clips to get it to snap into place but overall not a huge deal and it fits good enough for $60 to be fine with it. Much better than without for sure.

My shift knob in the car was some cheap-o screw on piece of junk that came with the donor car. When the knob gets hot the threads expand enough to just spin loosely on the threads which makes it kind of difficult to shift when the ball is spinning in your hand. I have an MGW gripper knob in my C5 and it's by far the best feel shift knob I've ever used, so I ordered a custom gripper for this too. 7.5oz weight and man did this make so much difference in shifter feel. Wish I had done this a year ago.

Comment

Always fun to get the car to the point that you're just doing those small touches. One I will suggest is the lower trim thats faded away. Get some SEM Trim paint and mask the OEM line and spray it all black again. I never prep mine and it always comes out good haha Do the sides and the rear valence and the car will be ready for some fancy pics *wink wink, hint hint*
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:
                  -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                    Always fun to get the car to the point that you're just doing those small touches. One I will suggest is the lower trim thats faded away. Get some SEM Trim paint and mask the OEM line and spray it all black again. I never prep mine and it always comes out good haha Do the sides and the rear valence and the car will be ready for some fancy pics *wink wink, hint hint*
                    Only reason I haven't bothered to touch anything up on it is the future plan for paint/either Mtech2 kit or just some IS skirts and rear diffuser. I have half of my VR4 galant in paint right now and this thing should be next in line to make it look nice.

Comment

Awesome build! I'm in AZ with a 318is as well. Dumb question but what road course are you going out to? I've been out of the game for a while and haven't paid attention to what has popped up and I don't recognize it - looks like a fun track!

91 318is | 97 FZJ80

Comment

Originally posted by !RocknE30! View Post
                        Awesome build! I'm in AZ with a 318is as well. Dumb question but what road course are you going out to? I've been out of the game for a while and haven't paid attention to what has popped up and I don't recognize it - looks like a fun track!
                        That's mussleman honda circuit in tucson. They just expanded the track so it's going to change quite a bit from where it is and be much more favorable to some of the bigger power cars like mine where it was a bit more challenging to drive something like this out there. Attessa motorsports park just broke ground about 10 minutes from my house in casa grande though and that'll be a 2.25 mile multiconfiguration track to start. Theyre supposed to be open by end of year and then have a 3 track expansion once they're open.

Comment

Originally posted by tyeler18 View Post

That's mussleman honda circuit in tucson. They just expanded the track so it's going to change quite a bit from where it is and be much more favorable to some of the bigger power cars like mine where it was a bit more challenging to drive something like this out there. Attessa motorsports park just broke ground about 10 minutes from my house in casa grande though and that'll be a 2.25 mile multiconfiguration track to start. Theyre supposed to be open by end of year and then have a 3 track expansion once they're open.
                          Awesome, thanks! The tucson track was my guess from a quick search on google maps but I wasn't 100% sure. That Attesa motorsports park looks really promising! That's awesome you're so close, I'm up in north glendale so it will be a bit of a drive but it beats driving to Tucson. Sucks that PIR got rid of their road course to squeeze every dime they can out of Nascar events, I went there a few times back in the day when I was in HS and had only owned the e30 for a few years and had a blast. I will have to get it back on the track once it's up and running!

91 318is | 97 FZJ80

Comment

Originally posted by !RocknE30! View Post

Awesome, thanks! The tucson track was my guess from a quick search on google maps but I wasn't 100% sure. That Attesa motorsports park looks really promising! That's awesome you're so close, I'm up in north glendale so it will be a bit of a drive but it beats driving to Tucson. Sucks that PIR got rid of their road course to squeeze every dime they can out of Nascar events, I went there a few times back in the day when I was in HS and had only owned the e30 for a few years and had a blast. I will have to get it back on the track once it's up and running!
                            So long as you can adhere to the 94dB sound limit AMP up by you would be your best bet for racing close. NASA AZ and Pro Auto both race at AMP and WHP as well so you can get in with them for about $160/event until they close WHP like it appears will likely happen in the next few years. Definitely a few tracks semi close. Even chuckwalla isn't TOO horrible of a drive for a big track too. I look forward to seeing your car out there! I've got a few we run so I'll keep an eye out.

Comment

Originally posted by tyeler18 View Post

So long as you can adhere to the 94dB sound limit AMP up by you would be your best bet for racing close. NASA AZ and Pro Auto both race at AMP and WHP as well so you can get in with them for about $160/event until they close WHP like it appears will likely happen in the next few years. Definitely a few tracks semi close. Even chuckwalla isn't TOO horrible of a drive for a big track too. I look forward to seeing your car out there! I've got a few we run so I'll keep an eye out.
                              Appreciate the info! I am looking into NASA and Pro Auto clubs, I think I went out with BMWCCA back in the day. I'll likely be running the stock M42 with no exhaust mods minus a new muffler, so it should definitely be under the dB limit unless my exhaust decides to fall off during the test haha. There's definitely more tracks than I thought there was, so that's pretty rad. I'll let you know when I am able to get out! Looks for the silver e30 waving everyone by on the straights and there's a good chance it'll be me haha.

91 318is | 97 FZJ80

Comment

Another track day in the books. Uploading videos still but my phone mount for track addicts didn't want to stay put so the videos I do have are pretty poor. The good news is I picked up a second on my lap time with the coilovers, brakes, front sway bar and on a slower tire. I've run 65's on stock brakes and suspension and went 64.6 this time out. I had a 62.XX predicative lap on track addicts and put the car into a hard drift coming into turn 3 (don't watch your lap timer in the braking zone ) which killed my lap time, but the car is working wonderfully. I let a couple people drive it and one of my buddies that's a much better driver knocked down a 64.7 and kept commenting how predictable the car was. I'm very confident a good driver can get it down to a 61 if not 60 with some seat time. The car has the potential, I just like the loud pedal too much and still don't have 100% faith in the hydroboost braking system despite it taking everything I can give it so far. One of the only pictures I have of the event with my buddies ST165

I had some friends in town a few months back and the one does automotive photography, she's shot a few of my cars and I actually have a wall of canvas car photos in my house from photos shes done of mine. I was waiting for her to finish editing the rest to post these but it'll be a while before she's done. I cant wait to add another one to the wall when these are finished editing.

Comment

Working...
                                X