March 2021 Car of the Month: abit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

March 2021 Car of the Month: abit

*** Editors Note: To balance out the mint, OEM unmolested examples I knew I could show the other side of the spectrum. This one comes from across the pond from Europe and is an extensively modified example. Browse the mod list and quite a bit of work has been done. The pics aren’t new because the car is locked away in a garage until Spring. Here in California I’m not familiar with such a thing but maybe after the most recent cold front the rest of y’all can relate... Enjoy and congrats to abit!***

Factory options
    : automatic transmission, sunroof, Radio BMW Reverse, cassette holder :D

Color: Zinnoberrot

Interior color: Black/anthrazit

Engine modifications: one engine that gone long way > started as std m20b25, then with some upgrades became m20b28 + m50NV engine management, then came more upgrades (cam, more head porting) but still m20b28 (made 210hp/280nm), and latest modifications ended as m20b30 with same catcams 285/285 cam, nuke cam gear, m57d30TU2 90mm crankshaft, 3.5bar fuel regulator from porsche etc.

Exhaust: Sebring exhaust header, otherwise pretty simple exhaust system, 2.35'' tubing with 2 resonators

Transmission: standard m20 getrag

Differential: TYP188 3.91 LSD

Suspension: at front FK shocks with -60mm FK springs + e90 drop hats, rear, adjustable Koni's with custom coil springs, sway bars at front and rear.

Wheels: Different all the time :D but mostly Intra CR90 16x9 or Schmidt revolution modern line 15x8 (20mm spacers all around)

Exterior modifications: mostly stock, shadowline, painted black gloss mouldings, diesel valance, VW lip spoiler, IS skirts, M3 evo look rear spoiler

Interior modifications: RRS sport steering wheel, shortshifter, OBC2, Check panel, black leather door cards, beige carpet, black headliner, e30 sportseats.

Story behind the car: My first car, bought almost 9 years ago when I was student with little knowledge about cars and that's how this all car thing started with me, with knowledge that I gained building this car, now I have built few sport BMW's and helped to other auto sport enthusiasts. e30 when I bought It, it was practically fully disassembled (I bought engine/tranny separately) and looking not so good, haha. I believe mostly no one would bought It :D learning about e30's from pictures at google, somehow got all parts together, plus all this with money who had being student, so first years It was like little missile car, but year after year, I upgraded car, engine (almost every winter I was searching for more poweeer :D), and slowly it became pretty nice car. I'ts been on its star hour when first years I drove It daily and everywhere, then priorities changed and I drove with It pretty rarely aand of course it's been not so happy times also, chassis needed some repairing, so previous 2 years it was in garage slowly taking back in shape, so now it's again fully repainted and ready to rock again! Of course many things still needs to be done, but still car gives some nice driving joy and I like It!

Click image for larger version

Name:	aOPYrrj.jpg
Views:	354
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	9976656

Name:	V5memlw.jpg
Views:	361
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	9976657

Name:	PLpNYYj.jpg
Views:	481
Size:	114.0 KB
ID:	9976655

Name:	YeTkTAx.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	9976659

Name:	lIsDxOj.jpg
Views:	359
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	9976660

Attached Files
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I love it when the COTM is not so pristine! Congrats!!
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
      IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

Somehow I did not expect a COTM at all. Glad it's here, and glad it's a drivers car.

Comment

Nice ride...
          Projects Hartge,Alpina & AC Schnitzer Builds.http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=280601
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=227993
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=289362

DSC04926 by Raul Salinas, on FlickrDSC03413 by Raul Salinas, on Flickr

Comment

Awesome! Congrats on COTM!

Comment

I've always enjoyed this car and the evolution, glad to hear it's ready to rip again come spring

Comment

Those are some motivational shots right there!!

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Working...
                X