No announcement yet.

Im the big winner!... hopefully. 98 Z3 with a Dinan Supercharger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could go with the well known knock off tuner DIZAZ.

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
      perfect for if you decide to name your car Danni
      Or, Dani.

Dani, California.

It fits on multiple levels. And...

Well, the youtube plugin used to work. LINK
      Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

3 months later and all I have to account for this is more parts! haha...

One of my buddies hooked me up with a set of headlights & taillights. Not sure what the plan is with them just yet other than collecting dust in MY garage versus the other guy who wanted them out.

My other impulse purchase is about ready for the car. A set of scoops to replace the foglamps

My buddy who has the 3D printer is going to clean them up for me and send them out next week. Should have some updates on the car itself soon too... The holidays slowed things down but now that its all over the progress should pick up.​
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Cool idea, I like the hexagon grilles on them.
          Originally posted by priapism
          My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
          Originally posted by shameson
          Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Well... how about a 3/6 update? Subframe has been reinstalled! Welding is all done...one of these days I will need to go get this thing!

In the meantime I have bought ONE more part thats en route to be installed with an existing piece I have. I bought a Luisi Hub that is supposed to work with both Momo & Nardi/ Personal wheels and I have a Nardi wheel that will look perfect in place of that ugly 90s airbag wheel. Im still undecided on the horn button, but I think I should just get a Nardi & be done with it. Not sure a BMW horn button will work

Simon
            Current Cars:

Comment

Ok, how about a car related update?

Simon
              Current Cars:

Comment

Need more, driving impressions, reviews, etc.
                Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Definite James Bond vibes!

Comment

Haven't been on here in forever because of college, but the last thing I expected was a new car from you after the Alfa LOL. Gonna have to check up on that next. This is such a great pickup though, excited for more updates!

Comment

Update Time!

Brandon finished the car and the car was shipped to California!

BUT , it didnt get shipped to my house. It actually went to Orange County where a friend has taken over ownership
                      [

Why?
                      In the last ~6 months of winning this car, "helping" Brandon fix this car and then having it ready to come to Sunny SoCal the priorities shifted a little and my wife also never warmed up to the idea of me having multiple cars in the garage. In that same timeframe, my buddy had always asked me to keep him in the loop and when I finally made the decision that I needed to let it go we made the deal.

When it arrived to him, it was obvious that the work wasnt done, so he immediately pulled the supercharger and sent it out for a rebuild. The Powerdyne needs it much more frequently than the Vortech, which might be why Dinan switched over. Regardless, a friend is now the owner and I should actually see and possibly drive the car this coming weekend when a local Targa Rally is happening.

On to the next car lol
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                        Update Time! ...On to the next car lol
                        BOLD was your hint I was on to something else already... anyways, Paul was able to get the car wrapped up and ready for the Targa 805 rally. We met up the night before the rally and spent the next chasing each other for most of the 200 miles of the rally.

Overall experience after driving this car: I was on the right track with this. My planned upgrades were going to be exactly what this car needed. I hate the stock 4-spoke steering wheel this car has, moreso with the cover. I had purchased a Momo hub, but the Nardi wheel would not have been my final choice. I probably would've had it temporarily until something better came along. The Seats are in desperate need of being replaced. I had my eye on some tan Z4 sport seats that would've been a good place to start. Shifter felt great, car had nice power.

Paul is happy with the strong mid-range and dual character as this feels like two different motors from idle ->3500 and then from 4500-> Redline. Not sure how the OBD1 intake manifold would've changed things around but I likely would've done that along with a DSC delete of whatever that stupid thing is right in front of the Throttle Body. Speaking of Throttle Body, this also has a Dinan one. Another gem. I hope Paul will keep it and enjoy it.

Simon
                        Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
                        X