89 Vert project

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • dirty30
    No R3VLimiter
    • Jul 2004
    • 3078

    #31
    Some stuff prepped for paint, the valence sporting new stone guard.

    I'll let you guys guess the paint color. It's not bronzit.

    Comment

    • dirty30
      No R3VLimiter
      • Jul 2004
      • 3078

      #32
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4339.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	329.3 KB
ID:	10167740 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4340.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	257.6 KB
ID:	10167739 Drivers door off and stripped down, also have the frame rail repair welds dressed.

      Comment

      • dirty30
        No R3VLimiter
        • Jul 2004
        • 3078

        #33
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20261003_135237.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	240.4 KB
ID:	10167763 Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20261003_120309.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	215.1 KB
ID:	10167764

        Comment

        • dirty30
          No R3VLimiter
          • Jul 2004
          • 3078

          #34
          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4345.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	330.2 KB
ID:	10167797 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4347.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	221.7 KB
ID:	10167796

          Comment

          • dirty30
            No R3VLimiter
            • Jul 2004
            • 3078

            #35
            Pulled the fuel tank and continued the rust repairs. I found an unexpected hole above the tank on the passenger side. Figured I'd start there lol.

            Comment

            • dirty30
              No R3VLimiter
              • Jul 2004
              • 3078

              #36
              I've come down with some sort of cold but despite that I had a full day to work on this thing... or so I thought. My girlfriend's mini needed a cowl leak looked at and during that I noticed the recirc flap was broken. Three hours later I was able to fix the flap and isolate the leak.

              I took a quick brake to relax for about an hour so I could get back to the car. I managed to get the surprise hole done on the passenger side done before we lost power from a gnarly thunderstorm. I called it a day at that point.

              Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4347.jpg Views:	0 Size:	221.7 KB ID:	10167835
              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4352.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	205.2 KB
ID:	10167834
              Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4353.jpg Views:	0 Size:	251.9 KB ID:	10167838
              Attached Files

              Comment

              • dirty30
                No R3VLimiter
                • Jul 2004
                • 3078

                #37
                Just four more holes in the seat pan before I have to tackle the floor pan.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4354.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	273.7 KB
ID:	10167840


                Comment

                • dirty30
                  No R3VLimiter
                  • Jul 2004
                  • 3078

                  #38
                  I started dissecting the passenger rear floor pan before we lost power. Pretty straight forward just have to trim and fit the panel 700 times.

                  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4351.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	214.1 KB
ID:	10167842



                  Comment

                  • dirty30
                    No R3VLimiter
                    • Jul 2004
                    • 3078

                    #39
                    This rear seat pan is blossoming into somewhat of a mess. There are small pinholes all over the place along with the larger ones that I have already pushed through. My plan is to weld one or two per night this week until I'm down to just the pinholes then I'll probably sand them back, treat them and smear them with seam sealer. Is it the right way to do it? No. But there's only one other option and that's cutting out the entire thing, finding a good one, and welding it in. Too much work for very little return plus it's under the rear seat and above the fuel tank so not exposed at all anyways.

                    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4357.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	233.2 KB
ID:	10167916 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4359.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	222.4 KB
ID:	10167915 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4358.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	273.6 KB
ID:	10167917

                    Comment

                    • dirty30
                      No R3VLimiter
                      • Jul 2004
                      • 3078

                      #40
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20261005_113310.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	201.6 KB
ID:	10167934 Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20261005_172811.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	10167932 Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20261005_172805.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	10167933

                      Comment

                      • 2mAn
                        SeƱior Mod
                        • Aug 2010
                        • 20988

                        #41
                        Vert's look 1000x better when they dont have the 3rd brake light on the trunk lid...

                        Whats the long-term plan with this?
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:
                        -1966 Blue Boat
                        -1969 Red VW
                        -1986 White BMW
                        -2006 Green Thing

                        Make R3V Great Again -2020

                        Comment

                        • dirty30
                          No R3VLimiter
                          • Jul 2004
                          • 3078

                          #42
                          Originally posted by 2mAn
                          Vert's look 1000x better when they dont have the 3rd brake light on the trunk lid...

                          Whats the long-term plan with this?
                          Oh yeah coupe trunk lid on this one!

                          First and foremost is getting the rust repairs done to the floor, spot prime/ undercoat then get the tub to paint.

                          I am on the fence about painting the engine bay body color or satin black. Its satin in my 318is and actually looks pretty tidy but then again I have everything out of this one so it might be a clean/ scuff/ shoot job. Either way it will look better than the cosmoline/ dirt/ bronzit lol

                          When its back from paint I am going to strip the red car of everything mechanical and transfer it to the good painted chassis and refurbish things along the way. I'll probably start with the hvac box, replacing the heater core/ evap/ make any flap repairs and work out from there. Entire body harness will need to be moved over then on to suspension rebuild, drivetrain, top interior etc.

                          Kinda feel bad about cannibalizing the red car but the necessary metal repairs to get the red car to where this car is just doesn't make sense.

                          After the car is together and we get some miles on it we will pull the interior in favor of black or something else more exciting than pearlbeige and just focus on all the little detail stuff.

                          Try not to engine swap it.

                          Try.



                          Comment

                          Working...